Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    1st bad luck mate..

question what wheel set up do have man?
    that would a helpful bit of info so if any1 has the same wheel, they may give you some tips. ;)
  2. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah Stu with 5 to go (which is when I was going to make my 3rd stop) my tires were still looking good so I thought I'd try and go all the way to the end on them which was a really bad mistake cause with 2 to go my front tires were shot and you're right it was like driving on 2 front flat tires the car just wouldn't turn well I know now not to make that mistake again:/:(
    Good racing guys and once again well done Aussie (our lord and saviour)
  3. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thanks m8
    your sins are forgiven my young son.. now go forth on the road to glory which shall lead you to the steps of god house ( aussie's lounge :lol: )
    and don't forget to go to confession or you will be banished.. :p :lol: :lol:
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys, the 2 tire option brings more headaches for the sprint round. Have a read below and let me know what you think......will finalize by Thursday so we all know what we are doing,

Options....

1. the rules stay the same as we have (must run both compounds). You will get to the end of race 1 easily on 1 stop, strategy being how to get clear air and how long to run on each compound.

With race 2 being reverse grid, and with no qual then you would start on the tire you finish race 1 on........

OR....

2. we all qual R1 on the softs, compulsary pit and finish on the meds, which means that race 2 everyone would start on the meds as well, pit to softs to finish....

Both these are simple to understand

personally i like option 1, more scope for things to be mixed up a bit. Being a sprint round it brings strategy, and the need to run fast for 22 laps to try to get a good result. Also you would need to think about what tire you are left with to start race 2 on, in the reverse grid.
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    This isn't necessarily true though is it?
    They are 2 separate races. There is nothing stopping people from changing their tyre compound in the lounge between races..?

My opinion would be to keep it simple...
    Quali as usual.
    Race 1, 1 compulsory stop, both compounds must be used
    Pick a compound to start race 2 on.
    Race 2, 1 compulsory stop, both compounds must be used

Easy.
  6. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Ditto. Leave those strategy options open - nothing satisfies quite like beating someone on strategy ;)

Speaking of which - at Tokyo I thought I had you with the undercut at the final stop Flood, that lap of clear air actually got me back within throwing distance of Hosie.
    I just couldn't keep the nose on-line in the longer turns though, don't know how you & Hosie managed that mid-corner pace :eek:

A thousand apologies for the mid-race dive in the single-lane section, not sure how I thought that was ever going to work.. . .
    I waited when I bumper-tapped you into the T1 wall at one point too, whoops.. . . costing us time!

Cyas all at Tsukuba :D
  7. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ STU
    option 1 seems to be great.... just tell every1 if they go into options in between R1 & R2 they will be DESTROYED!!!!!!

and then they will have to come and see me in CONFESSION... :lol:

AMEN :p
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That sounds good too flood.....i am not 100% sure how it worked with the 2nd race and not messing up the starting positions. If we can get to the lobby and swap tires it could work.......
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Thanks Sidfire, Teknique and Stu for posting results. I got home from work and found it all done. Legends.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries mate........all good
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Any luck Zampli ???

I took my GT wheel apart about 2 weeks ago because i had the sticking brake problem as well. Lucked into getting it back together but was heart in mouth stuff !! The first time it took about 30 mins of fidgeting, wriggling, swearing, hoping, pushing, prodding, shaking, and angling to get it all in the right spot........finally got there though...
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Regs the same for this weeks sprint round.

Start race 1 on the tire you qualify on, for race 2 you can choose your starting tire from the lobby.

Must run both tires for each race, no pit window.

Cheers
    Stu
  13. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Right on, thanks Floody and Stu.

I had a bit of practice yesterday with Nugs and Aussie,

Just a little feeling of getting back in form... slowly but surely and hopefully in the TSUKUBA!!!
  14. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Congrats Aussie. Finally got those connection issues under control?
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Yeah......the bastard !!
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, make sure you practice entering the pits at tsukuba or you could be penalized by the game.

I predict a few people messing up the pit entry and getting a drive through...

Go in too fast it will reset you, and pass you through the pits without service, hit the grass on the left and it will either spit you back out onto the track, or make you drive through again with out service.....

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up so everyone knows the issue there..... might be good for captains to remind everyone before race start....
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

18. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Right you are tek, the game will just send you straight through pitlane without service and you'll have to enter again.
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah its the DFGT wheel and pedals. seems i just couldnt get springs in right position. havent really tried since then and couldnt really find a diagram or anything anyway
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah not to sure on how to help m8 as i have never seen the insides of a DFGT wheels!!!! :(

i know a few of the boys here have a DFGT so just keep asking around, i think STU has had the same prob before.....
    STUUUUUUUUUUU can you help Zampli in this trying time???? :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.