Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Thanks guys, i think we can make it work again (but I didnt race here last time whenever that was...). Will be keeping an eye on the map when exiting.
  2. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Tbh guys, I think we should be using the left hand pit exit, I mean what else is it there for besides to be utilized in organized racing, and is much safer.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I agree neishy, we are a racing league ....not a bunch of sunday drivers ...... :p :p

Pit exit it is...officially, better get practicing !!

Stu
  4. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Alright. Good call (while shaking fist in air...) Better practice again then. :)
  5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Any set penalties yet? thinking ahead before it happens.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    if you mean for using the shortcut instead.......

time penalty of 30 secs for each offense, "about" the time of a drive through should do it.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Cool, i have been doing some prac using the left exit anyway. Upper hand I has :p
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I guess it is already time to congratulate Dutchy on his D2 promo. The second person is a tight mix between 2 and 4th :tup: It's awesome that the final race will decide the second promotion :D

Blue; who is going to host D3 if you get promoted, or are you a perpetual D3 due to hosting responsibility?? Same question for Gary as you are both a possibility for promotion based on the current ladder :)
  9. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I won't be due for a normal promotion, as the maximum I can get is 88 pts, while Cob/gary are both on a minimum 91 pts. Besides, I enjoy the pace of everyone in D3, while D2 is way too fast for me :)
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats to Dutchy for the championship, great driving all season mate, way too fast.

Great race last night Cob, congrats for 2nd in championship and best of luck to you both in div. 2 next season.

A big thank you to moon for hosting/skippering again this season, great work.
  11. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Well I should have known that after a weekend like last weekend, the only way left to go was down ;)

I did practice this track twice this week with gary and thought I was a decent pace, but knew I wasnt quite hooking it all up well enough. But gary and I were of similar pace it seemed and expected the pack to be around that. Definitely wasnt expecting one of us to come out a full second better than the field so well done Cob on the outstanding pace.

Started second, had a good getaway and raced clean on the inside of Cob at turn 1, figured that staying with cob was the most important thing as I clearly didnt have the pace to run away. So the first lap went well in that respect. Then had the draft on the main straight to start the second lap and just broke way too late at turn 1. The first of many mistakes.

Tried to stay on the back of Cob and Dan but trying to get that little bit extra to catch up made me make a lot of mistakes and before long I was something like 20 odd seconds behind. Evil caught me up and we had a bit of a tussle for a while which was good.

I had planned to pit end of lap 8 but the mistakes had taken that little extra out of my softs so I decided to pit lap 7 instead. But catching the draft off evil on the straight I forgot about pitting and decided to take the outside line! So it was a tight one to pass evil on the outside, then cut across him to dive into the pits. Sorry again mate, if I had been thinking about it before I made the move to the outside I would have realised that was a silly thing to do. Hope I didnt affect your lap.

Then a quiet race for many many laps as I tried to avoid making mistakes. But confidence through the bus stop had turned to jelly and my pace wasnt very quick. Resigned myself to ensuring third place.

Congrats Cob on the masterful drive- you hooked it up nicely. And Dan, you still beat me convincingly. Im only sorry I didnt give you a proper chance to pass me on track instead of gifting it to you at the start.

Id also like to say big congrats to Anon in Div 1. We graduated top div 3 season 2 and i dont think you could have two vastly different journeys over the past 5 seasons as I went backwards to finally find my pace back here in Div 3 and he goes on to take out Div 1. Well done mate. Outstanding story. Quality drive!

And thanks again to all you guys for a great season and evil for top quality hosting.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done on the championship Dutch and thanks for the kind words, I think you'll go much better in Div 2 this time round.
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Congrats Dutch on the Div 3 championship win m8...
  14. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Too many mistakes to talk about. I knew I wasn't fast, but I was surprised to be able to keep up with dutch. But of course, I had to mess it up (quite a number of times), including a botched pit stop that became a drive through. Overall, pretty happy to be 5th, though could really have contested for 3rd+. On to next season!

Code:
        Driver         Time       Best Lap
    01. CobMcCool      54:46.666  1:43.763  (Fastest Lap)
    02. daninline6       +19.355  1:45.288
    03. GTP_Dutch      +1:02.881  1:45.353
    04. disturboed     +1:26.785  1:45.703
    05. garyw61        +1:43.894  1:45.883
    06. X-3vi1m00n     +1:52.797  1:47.724
    07. xsirdave       +2:06.909  1:47.999
    08. Rumbleshorts   +2:26.611  1:48.635
    09. mmm_homebrew   +2:47.724  1:47.092
    10. jas002             DNF

Driver          Best Lap
    01. CobMcCool       1:43.763  (Fastest Lap)
    02. daninline6      1:45.288
    03. GTP_Dutch       1:45.353
    04. disturboed      1:45.703
    05. garyw61         1:45.883
    09. mmm_homebrew    1:47.092
    06. X-3vi1m00n      1:47.724
    07. xsirdave        1:47.999
    08. Rumbleshorts    1:48.635

Hope everyone had a great season.
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Dutch on the resounding championship win.
    Congrats Cob with a comfortable second, and Dan just clinching the final podium spot with a good final result and drop your worst round... (better luck next time gary)

Div 3 Season 7 final standings
    Double check your points, any issues let me know. Cheers and well done all on a sucessful season. ;)
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Thanks for updating the ladder koastr.
    I know it makes no difference to the overall standings but may make things more interesting for third spot:

I think Dan has been given an extra four points somewhere and should be 96 total and 92 after dropping worst round which puts him just one point ahead of Gary.

Also I should get the extra two points for fastest lap in last nights race, I know it's a bit nit picky but it was a ball tearing lap for me (with a little tow from rumbles on the 2nd half of the main straight).

Practising consistently in Aussies room helped me greatly in the last few races, and big thanks to Moon for hosting and to all for organising the series I had the most fun in this season so far.

Cheers
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Congrats Dutchy, well earnt div 3 championship M8
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR

No prob. Thanks Cob, yes missed off points for fastest lap, and fixed up Dan's points.
    Appreciate the double checks. Don't worry about nit picky! If it's wrong it's wrong, and it needs to be right! Thanks. ;)
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Grats Dutch & Cob, good luck up in the lofty heights of D2 :D

I had a c*** of a race. All started well and I dropped the ball half way through :( xsirdave was behind for that first half of the race and then I pitted and seemed to leave my brain and driving in the pit lane and started to head backwards, big time. I really wanted to finish ahead of dave so I could claim a better mid field final position but alas, not to be.

That is the extent of my race report :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.