Season 8 Car and regulation info

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    CAR. Toyota FT86 G sports concept '10

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/grrlpurple/GT5/Toyotathing1.jpg

You may change the color, wheels, brake bias and traction control of your car but all other tuning will be prohibited.

TIRE REGS

The tire used this series will be SPORTS SOFTS ONLY. Given the life these tires provide we dont need to run with the medium tire.

The race series will remain at 7 rounds, 5 normal rounds (approx 45 mins), 1 sprint round with reverse grid (approx 20 mins each) and an enduro (approx 1 hr).

QUALIFYING
    Will be a ten minute session. You may pit during that time if you need to. With only 1 tire being used there is no need to close pit lane. At the end of ten minutes drivers should park on the side of the road and wait for the race start.

Please inform of your race color in your PROVISIONAL DIVISION (at this stage) thread

THE REGULATIONS ABOVE ARE ADDITIONAL TO GTLOZ STANDARD RULES & REGS WHICH STILL APPLY:
    Please ensure that you are also familiar with GTLOZ Racing Rules & Regulations http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=727 and Lounge Settings & Procedures http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1027. Particularly Newcomers and captains.

Cheers
    STU
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Stu, isn't it a FT86 G? :p
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Correct....fixed !!
  4. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Shouldn't pit lane still be closed for qualifying? Otherwise everyone will run multiple sets for qualifying plus fresh set for race. I thought balance of how much to run a single set to try to qualify and risk shorter race time on that set was also important part of strategy, even if you are only using one compound. Maybe I am missing something?
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Dave, you automatically got a fresh set when you started the race anyway, you didn't keep the same tyres. It doesn't carry them over.

And pit lane was open all previous seasons when running the single compound tyre, so you can go out and just keep on laying down the times. Mind you, the sports tyres can take a couple of laps to warm up depending on the track, so you still might only get one good run in within the 10 minute qualy period anyway.
  6. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    You have always been able to use multiple sets of tyres in the previous seasons. It was only last season that the pit lane was closed to prevent people from being able to change compounds before the start of the race
  7. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

This is probably too late, but has everyone actually driven the '86 online?
    The handling with a full-tank is ridiculous!
    It's full-on axe-murdering psychopath stuff, the only way you know you've carried too much speed is a trip backwards into the scenery !

It's a lovely thing without fuel, which makes it even more annoying that it's such a train wreck with a full tank.

May I suggest a change to the Lotus Esprit V8 in the dealership?
    Similar pace, still challenging but won't bite your head off for looking at it the wrong way.

I think the '86 will frustrate a lot of people out of the championship, a'la the TVR on sport-hard tyres.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

You just need to grow a pair natman. This is a racing league in GT5, not the Mushroom Cup in Mario Kart. Sometimes you will will find cars difficult to master, but throw in some practice and all will be well.
  9. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    sorry natman but the decision is final i dont find it that bad the only problem i do have with it is if you try and race on a track with alot of elevation change ie. spa unfortunately
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Most cars will do that on sports tyres Natman, just have to realize that you need to brake a bit earlier than a race car on racing tyres. It all adds to the challenge... And I reserve the right change my mind during the season when I've out braked myself and ended up in the kitty-litter on numerous occasions... lol.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Hey natman...

i must admit that i thought the same thing at first. I found that taking the bias off the rear worked for me on full tanks, and once you adjust for the tyres it is a nice car to drive. The one thing i am mindfull of though is it really doesnt like elevation changes, so i will be taking that into account with the track selection.

Most of the guys that ran a few races with it a few weeks back found that after they adjusted the bias, and worked out the throttle control (much different to the Camaro on Race softs) the car was quite fun and easy to control in a slide. we had lots of close , controlled racing

I plan on doing a few runs tonight from about 9 (before the F1) so hopefully you can join and get your head around it. I also found that nurburg GP-F is a good track to get used to the handling.

Stu
  12. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Thanks for the tip re qualifying. I spent the entire laat series trying to do one fast lap and then pulling over to save the tyres. Doh!
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Haha, that's gold mate, do you have the hud turned off or something? There's little tire wear guages on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, if you can't see the difference between a slightly worn set at the end of qualy and a fresh set at the start of the race, you must be incredibly kind to your tyres!
  14. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27

yeah dave, i was like you a while back stripping the tyres off the rims before they were even on the car...
    but i found with time and plenty of practice with the car for the seasons you should come up trumps m8...

some good tip/s i can give ya is
    brake bias for the car on each track is VERY important. getting your brake markers (as you should know change with tyre wear and other car around you SLIPSTREAM)
    getting your brake maker set before each round. takes along time but can make or break your race...

i found last season i could just about out break every1 in the entry to the corners...
    which in turn gave me a huge advantage on the field....

there is a few other tips and trick i use but putting them public would be like shooting myself in the head (to many DIV 1 boys here):lol:
    but as i said before practice makes for near perfect...

by all means go hard and smart as possible in qually... starting up the front of the pack will always helps...

hope this helped ya out m8...

if i'm online your welcome to join my room or i'll join your's... if you even need a hand with something m8...
  15. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Thanks Aussie Man.

I did sometimes wonder why that first set always lasted longer than I expected!
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

The new Top Gear magazine has some good reviews of the Toyota GT 86. For sale for $29 990. It's in my price range and the Falcon is a few months off 200,000 k's. (Was thinkin dual cab though).
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Dual Cab and 86 a continent apart miki. I'd go the 86 it has the same room in the back seats just can't chuck as many wood chips in the boot as you could in the ute.
  18. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Since my PS3 was out of action for quite a while. I didnt take part in choosing the car for this season.
    I've just got on and had a look. Was just wondering why the concept was chosen over the actual 86 GT?
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Turbo. Nuff said :)
  20. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Haha fair enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.