Season 8 Track Discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The glare from the tunnel is manageable by tapping the look back button before the exit. Luckily in this car the glare isn't so much of a problem as the braking point for the corner is well before the end of the tunnel.

Tokyo's final sector will be hell in this car, and the flow of SSR5 is ruined due to insane speeds of the car, while the hairpin and subsequent right handers, while not totally difficult, may prove troublesome as the wear increases.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I've done a bit of testing all round and I'd just love to see a season full of fresh-ish tracks.

Midfield Reverse
    Daytona Road (Through the night)
    Twin Ring Motegi
    High Speed Ring Reverse Sprint
    Nurburgring GP/F
    Silverstone
    Le Mans Enduro
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I gather Cape Ring isn't too popular (looking at the used track list), the full track might be a bit tough on tyres. One of the shorter tracks might be ok for the sprint round though.
    Viperzed likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    its the long drinking opportunities that do me in. I'll be able to do a tallie per lap
  5. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Will try this, cheers
    We were having these in t1 last night..... In reverse..... And only 3 in the room. Good fun tho
    Looks like you may need a bigger brew setup.
    incey likes this.
  6. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    High Speed Ring...really? Why not run with nitrous as well? (Thinly veiled sarcasm...lol!)
    If I were "Benevolent Dictator of Everything" I'd level it with misinformation and nationalist fervour, and reinstate Adelaide GP Circuit as Our Beloved Dear Leader...but thats another episode, and I'm not running for office...yet!
    However, I totally support knocking the :):):):) 'organic' tracks on the head at birth to allow their genetically modified 'superiors' to thrive and prosper.
    In keeping with tradition though I will attempt to be reasonably sensible for the rest of this post (please see below):

Proposed Amended Proposed tracklist at this stage (so far):
    silverstone gp - Forgive me if I'm hallucinating, it's quite possible, but didn't we race this track last season?
    (complain, complain,complain...) Go Brands Hatch Big!
    spa - "Oh what a beauty, never seen one as big as that before"...love this track...
    Tokyo R246 - Chairman Kaga from "Iron Chef" hates this 'dishonourable' track, for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss
    here just now. He'd swap it for Daytona Road/Indy Road I'm sure!
    high speed ring reverse sprint - Fabio can't believe it's not a real track...hmmm! And I can't help but wonder if this track
    isn't the GT6 equivalent of 'grown up' colouring-in books? (Not that there's anything wrong
    with that...ahem!) I fancy Grand Valley Reverse/Midfield/Red Bull Ring/Apricot Hill for sprint.
    nurburgring gp/f - What's the matter? Are youse scared of a little old Nordeschleife or @24hr Norde? Lol!
    fuji gt - Repeat Chairman Kaga rant...Add Daytona Road/Indy Road...
    le sarthe enduro - LMP's at Le Mans...even I know it makes sense!

Stay tuned...
    Cyberstig1, Easyprey007 and incey like this.
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I agree except with the High Speed Ring. That's a fast track that could deliver exhilarating races.
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you do know the season car is the 908 right?... at brands hatch & the nord ???
    Beau_Albert and seth123 like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i liked it at brands hatch large. i tried nurburg gp/f and did about three good laps in 25. the rest contained spinouts at at least three different places
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    HSR is a great track for this type of car, Very fast but needs a gentle touch.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Let me just say that driving the car will give you the best idea of what tracks suit the car the most. Despite the 908's popularity, we surely knew that a car like this would severly limit us in track selection, you simply can't have a race around the Nordschleife in this thing unless you want to deliberately piss off 90% of your entrants.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I've done plenty of laps at Brands in LMP cars and I like driving it, but it's a bit limited on overtaking opportunities, especially compared to Silverstone.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    RBR sprint round?
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We will give everyone the weekend to continue the discussion before a final decision is made. So hopefully expect the final tracklist to be published Monday.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Ditch Tokyo, please, for the love of humanity, ditch Tokyo.

I'd rather run this car on Kart Space I for three hours than flamin' Tokyo!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    May I enquire as to why people dislike Tokyo? I have found it to be a challenging venue with a nice variety of corners.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    tokyo is pretty easy compared to some of the other tracks....might even be better as a sprint round?
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    short? nope. can't do it. too difficult to stay on the track
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just a word of advice the faster and broader the track the better enjoyment you'll get being a wide lmp1 with stiff suspension that wants to bounce and wheel spin when going slow.

Tracks like the green hell, brands hatch, Monaco, Tokyo would be nightmares sectors of Tokyo would be decent.

Sarthe is a must since the car is basically the King of that track, the default gearing is probably made for that track.

Suzuka last used in season 5 wouldn't be to bad being a track used in the f1 calendar, nice sweeper corners
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

For my 10 cents worth
    Le Sarthe
    Nurb GP-F
    Daytona Road (enduro
    Suzuka
    Midfield
    SSR5
    Twin Ring Motegi