Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Wow, that was the most unexpected victory, but needed for me to stay in this championship.

I especially didn't expect to be able to pull away in the opening laps and again after the 1st safety car. Was lucky to find a really comfy setup before the race and that helped me get in a groove.

Then after pitting for the softs the car felt even better and I comfortably built a gap, which was just as well because it meant I was safe to pit on the last safety car without risk of losing track position.

After that safety car I thought I was in big trouble as Motors was very quick for a few laps and got within DRS range, but for some reason he dropped back the last lap.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Congrats benny.
    Had good pace in prac. Set to put it atleast on the second row for quali before a car on their OUT lap ruined that. Race. Well, you will see in a bit when its finished uploading.
    Good pace and battle with hat too. Shame you pitted.
    Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A big relief to get a podium after losing about 8 seconds in the pits when @Mick pitted in front of me, just an unlucky moment in an otherwise trouble free race.

First lap was messy, I was fortutnate to avoid spinning after trying a stupid move on Nigel and later when I presume Hatfield mammothed Itz. The SC was bad for my strategy as it meant I had to take more life out of the SS's in order to make the gap I needed. It was going well, Benny was only 8 seconds back when I came in but I dropped from 1st to 6th thanks to my lengthy stop.

On the softs though the car felt amazing, and so began the fight back. I dispatched Knuckles and chased down Motors until again the SC came out. A win might have been on but I suffered damage to the front wing when Motors broke just as the race went green, not sure what that was about.

Overall though a 3rd place means solid points, and little damage to my championship lead.
    Wel done Benny on another cool calm and collected victory!
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  5. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Qualified 3rd which i was happy about until i realised i'd gone purple in the second sector only to slightly out brake myself at the final chicane and had to settle for 3rd. Pretty impressive as well the top seven were within half a tenth.

Race start was interesting mainly because @Zachery made a complete meal of the start and leapt off the line before i even had one red light on the screen. Once the 1st safety car had come back in it was easy to see Benny was considerably quicker then i was and i ended up giving up chase and started to fall back into the clutches of Jono. Not much happened in the middle phase of the race apart from passing Hatfield, Knuckles and Blacko all within a few laps. As the laps winded down the tyre wear on the soft was becoming unbearable. As soon as the tyres hit 60% that was the cliff and i have to admit that had the second safety car not come out Jono would have 100% caught and passed me for second.

The second safety car was a gift because i knew everyone would have to come in for Ultras and it would be a 5 lap sprint towards the end. I was within DRS range on Benny but of the 34th lap i made a big mistake at turn 6? (The fast right hander at the end of the first sector) and clipped the inside wall not only did the car get out of shape and ran nearly off the track but i ended up chipping my front wing off and that was the chance of victory gone. However i'm still happy with second and also the fastest lap by nearly 4 tenths.

Only critical part of the race was the Haas of the final restart checking all of us up and allowing Benny to gain around 2 seconds on everyone else. I just feel like you could have passed through the pit lane under safety car and let the leaders fight. It may sound unreasonable but you weren't even fighting for points. And finally the funniest part of the race was Jono under the second safety car passing me on the Entrance to Pit Lane under SAFETY CAR!!. Which i swear when i read the rules today was a big NO NO but i ended up jumping him anyway in the stops so it was fine in the end.

Well Done Benny for a well driven race. Also congrats to Jono for 3rd
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah I don't know what happened when we came in for the stop, I just sort of ghosted through you and I was hoping you'd jump me in the stop as I would have had to let you back through when the race went green again.
    Zachery and Motors560 like this.
  7. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Tonight was a night of firsts, everything except my finishing position anyway. Qualified 4th which was a last ditch effort on the ultras. That was surprising and the times between the lot of us were so close it was incredible.
    Race: Got a decent start, thrown a bit by @Zachery going just a little early :whistling:. Still managed to hold @Nigel Burley off and was 3rd going through the early stages keeping up with @Motors560 and @its-benny-racer . After safety car #1 I got a horrible restart and lost 2 spots where i decided I'd hang back and lengthen my stint to make a 1 stop race. After getting on the Softs I worked my way back through the field until lap 20, being my first online F1 race I had no idea I'd disconnected so I raced against a few ghosted AI and came a happy 2nd, I knew something wasn't right but I felt that it's best not to interfere in something I'm only very new to. Still got 9th somehow (thanks ghost driver). I do know that I've got some pace in this game so with some more practise and understanding I look forward to continuing so more F1 battles with all of you. Well done Benny on the win
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You will see what it looks like from my point of view when my video is ready for upload lol
    I moved left to overtake under brakes... then he did the same and i was turned around... once the field went passed, I continued only to see @ItzRacing95 and someone else off the road.

I got a decent start until the itzcident so was happy to see the first safety car so I could pit for the wing.
    Had some good battles with people... @LITTLEBLACKO942 you were on fire!!
    with a few to go, @Nigel Burley passed @Knuckles which sent knuckles wide so I went for the open door... which shortly closed and we both went off, but I went into the wall for major wing damage and so that was where I finished.
    Well done to those obeying blue flags
    Super well done teammate @its-benny-racer on the win!
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Having trouble loading edited vid. But this sucked
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    wtf!!
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    POLE LAP:
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I'll make my recap quick because my race was lost before it started;

Qualy on pole, Cheering because i expected to dominate at this track. Sitting on the line with the clutch in waiting for the lights, and i slip off my clutch, FML!! ran around and served my Drive thru pen. after that i just went into angry mode and tried to work my way through as quick as possible. unfortunately in my rage, i was driving like an idiot and caused myself to get 2 punctures in a row. once the field lapped me, i then tried to unlap myself. it was reasonably clean for the most part, but then i got lag punted by @Toranafan-02. My race was well over by then so it isnt a big deal at all, but yeah that was my race in a nutshell.

I must apologise to a few (cant remember who exactly) for my overly aggressive driving, i was quite angry after my jump, although thats no excuse. Sorry guys.

Congratulations @its-benny-racer on the win mate. Congratz to the other podium getters as well. good job guys.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    And here I thought I had trouble with Safety Cars... That takes the cake for me. This championship is rigged... hahaha.
    JonoStan96 and Knuckles like this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ssman was a DNF.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so fleck div 1 n torana div2?
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    I should of not bothered last night,tried setting my car up for the first time and it sucked,put some new settings in my wheel and 1 corner on the track I could barely make it around.I got spun twice on two restarts but i think that was because i was to slow or in the way and I think I hit the wall about 3 times resulting in punctures,I think I pitted about 4 times,I had zero fun last night.I think I pulled out in front of George in qualifying and stuffed his lap...If I did George im sorry and if I stuffed anyone else up im sorry...I am trying to stay out the way but also trying to have some sort of race Cheers :thumbsup:
    George and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    have you tried using spectre's setup shown at the end of his videos?