Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    HAHAHAHA. Well played.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

did everyone do some wet prac?
  3. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    My weather app says it’s 100% chance it’s already Thunder Storming... haven’t even had a drop of rain yet.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Well that was complete and utter :):):):).
    Qualifying was beautiful, could not complain with 3rd spot on the grid.
    Line up for the formation lap and find that it’s going to rain for the entire race... fantastic.

The start was good as we tip-toed through the first few corners.
    And then for the 5th consecutive race, front wing gone after the slightest tap on Jono’s rear diffuser.
    Decided to stay out with the entire right side of the front wing destroyed.
    Ended up pitting on lap 16-18 I can’t remember, got fresh tyres, a new wing and set back out.

Immediately the car felt so much worse, even after the tyres had warmed up.
    The car was sliding under brakes, then understeering on corner entry, then snap oversteer on mid corner followed by more oversteer on corner exit.
    The car was slower on fresh tyres and a complete front wing than it was with a broken front wing and worn tyres... something wasn’t right there.

After 2 more crashes that was it for me.
    Still really confused as to why worn tyres and a broken wing were quicker...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I was having a good battle with a few guys ahead... then @RHINO11 went to pit and I damaged the front wing lol
    Anyway, continued on and @Randm90 caught me and passed me and then spun, so I passed him back only to be told by the game to give the spot back. I stopped dead but he couldn't get out of the gravel quick enough and I got a stop go.

That's enough 100%'s for me, it isn't worth the pain in my hands or the crap the game throws at me.

Also, @its-benny-racer is probably out for the season if he can't use TCS as it isn't enjoyable
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What a shame, I wouldn’t race with that pain if it is bad.

I’ll refrain from making a Pcars 2 esque dig but I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks it is a bit ridiculous that the 2 defending champions no less need to be demoted to get more “fun” out of the game.
    If the numbers were as high as GT/Pcars I’d be more hardline on it but because the numbers are so I’ll hesitantly oblige. However I will not hesitate to reverse the move if deemed necessary.
    razor4797, Hatfield, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Am i the only one who finds this ridiculous. I'd never driven without traction control on an F1 game ever until this season and honestly i'm thriving under it. It's better than mashing you foot flat every corner it's gives you a actual challenge like tonights race driving around in the rain considerably harder to not have an accident. My opinion if you want to be successful with no TC don't be so keen with the right foot. It took me a little while to get the feel for it but i feel like it's made me a better driver already.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

fun driving or fun winning?
    i had all the assists off right up until this season kicked off & sucked sooooo badly i had the AI at 65. gradually i got better & could bump that level up. i have to agree with Motors, it most def made me a better driver
    the med tc simply allows me to race with the faster guys (sometimes)
    Motors560, razor4797, Zachery and 3 others like this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

What ever happens ill still be rocking up each week.
    First half of race was great fun with gunners, hat, rhino and someone else. Thought i recorded race but turned out it was just a pic. Had some good overtakes in the same place each time. Recorded second half but not much happened. Having to save fuel was a little challenging.
    Fun driving or fun winning as @nigegunz said. Never won soooo.
    Ran around last to second last all season 2 in div 1 and i had fun. More competitive in S3 still having fun.
  10. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I can’t see how a lack of Traction Control makes the game any less enjoyable. It just makes it more of a challenge and in a world where everyone seems to want the realist experience possible, then that’s what you have to deal with. I certainly won’t be putting the Traction Control back on simply because it won’t help me improve overall.

In regards to the race, another tough one. Put it straight in a wall in qualifying leaving me unable to set a lap. Kind of thought that would happen come Race time, and when I saw the rain I was prepared for an early finish. Once again, start launch was rubbish. Not sure why it’s gone so bad the last two weeks, but will need to work on that.

The race itself was fine. A few hairy moments. Could not get the little hairpin type corner after the DRS zone even close to right. Had my pit crew telling me to pit late in the race, but I was working to a lap number (did the maths pre race to work out 90% was 59.4 laps) and didn’t want to risk stopping just because they told me to and in the end it paid off because I made it to the end of lap 59/start of lap 60 when the race concluded.

Fatigue was a massive issue late, so apologies if I got in anyone’s way under blue flags. I know at one point I pulled right of the race line, let right off the accelerator to let 2 guys go past in one go, and copped a bump, hope that didn’t affect anyone’s race.
  11. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    GRRRRRRRRRRR TRACTION CONTROL
    Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    GRRRRRRRRR
    JonoStan96 and Toranafan-02 like this.
  13. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Zachery likes this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Phwoah that would be sick! But wouldnt get numbers unfortunately.

If you wanna run some no assist races post up in community events. I would like to register interest now lol
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  15. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I would like to make it clear that, I don't have any problem driving or racing without TC, so long as everyone else I am racing against is in the same boat.

I have no problem getting beaten by guys who are quicker than me with the same regulations. The nature of these cars means that TC gives a driver a massive traction advantage out of slow corners, especially when in a side by side battle.

My recent work situation has meant I have far less time and energy to put into practice for these races, so I don't expect to be running up the front or competing for wins. But if I'm going to jump on and race each week, it needs to be enjoyable or I don't see the point.
  16. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    You do realize the whole point behind different assist for different divs yeah Edit: not having a go at you
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Mmm
    i think the problem is that the tc changes peoples ability dramatically....knuckles had been very very fast with tc but without it he wouldn’t be up there. I gained 0.5-1sec after dropping down a div and that’s not to mention the fact I can do it a lot new consistently as well. It just changes the game a fair bit when the fast guys are struggling to keep up with the 1b people that have tc
    Edit: I’m not dissing knuckles, he’s done a great job this season
    Knuckles likes this.
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I was just messing around but it definitely be more fun, its good to drive without them tho, like whats found driving something when you just push the pedal all the way in n having the car balance the gas n brake for you, like whats the fun in that lol
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I was in the middle of writing a post making basically this point.

But in the process, I had a thought and looked at the tables. There is actually a bit of an issue I can see with the structure. In the tables Hatfield posts, there’s a Div 2 table, a div 1B table, then the overall table. There’s no specific Div 1 table. So, where I was going to say “being beat by a div 1B Driver makes no difference for Div 1 guys”, it actually does. If he finishes as the 1st Div 1 guy, but finishes the overall race 3rd, he doesn’t get 25 points towards a Div 1 Championship. He gets the 15 or 18 or whatever 3rd Place is And he’s only heen beaten by guys who have an easier drive.
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

And that would be all fine if they were also in different lobbies. The outright pace difference between 1a and 1b isn't enough to make up for the difference caused by the TC assist, especially when someone in 1a is battling with someone in 1b.
    Toranafan-02 and RHINO11 like this.