GT6 [Series -08/05] Intercontinental Sportscar Championship[ISC]

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    due to a massive change in my work schedule I can't make this Thursdays race, if someone else wants to host it thats fine, or we could delay it a week.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I can host if you want musta, My connection is good again now.

Up to you though, may as well postpone it for a week so that you don't miss out.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'm happy to postpone - not fair you miss out Mus :)
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    sorry guys, just realised i can run this event as normal lol.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    crap, now I gotta practice...
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Well i did not think i would make tonight - but i can! No practice.. so lookout! :)
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    So we are racing tonight?

I don't even know what track we are on lol
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Spa i think.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    You won't be the only one with no practice going in to tonight.:oops:
  10. CJC Racing

CJC Racing New Recruit

PSN ID
    mickdundee308
    Am I right to join in again this week?
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah all good, im signing in now
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I probably won't be able to make the rest of this series sorry.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great racing especially in the first race. Had a bad first lap in the second where I got pushed off track on the straight and couldn't get back on. That dropped me back a bit then N64 was ghosted on track and unghosted just as I got to him, I crashed into him and bounced into the wall and got a time penalty as well :confused:. Had a good chase after that and made up a few places.
  14. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    As usual, this series produced a fun night of racing.

I worked out practice actually doesn't help me as my warm up was 2 seconds of my practice pace and in qualifying I was 1 second up on n64 going into the the last sector 2 laps in a row and just like in the GT Academy TT, I binned it at the bus stop :mad: (its quickly becoming my most hated corner in the game haha)
    So first race I would rather forget, my brain decided it wanted to replicate my first time at Gran Turismo by spinning absolutely everywhere and in places I didn't even know you could :eek: but had a great last lap battle with HazeOne.
    After some "wooosssaaahhh" in the break, race 2 was a completely different story. Had an absolute cracker battle for the lead with Cyber on the first lap, going through the bus stop side by side was awesome :D After attaining the lead, I picked up the pace to be in the mid 36s for the rest of the race. With only an exception of a heartstopper moment coming out of turn 14 on lap 6, I was able to get a solid win to save my round result.

Congrats to Jono, for winning his first race of the series and a solid round result which has kept you in the hunt for the championship. I really feel for Mus not being able to finish the rest of the series though, as with a drop round in effect right now, there is only 2 points in it for the championship between us. Since you made this amazing series, it would be a shame to not have you fight to the end to win your own series, so hopefully something changes by next round :)
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  15. CJC Racing

CJC Racing New Recruit

PSN ID
    mickdundee308
    Thanks for a couple of great races last night.

I missed qualifying due to losing connection to the sever but that didn't matter as I would have been last anyway. Thankfully though it didn't drop out for either race.

Enjoyed some great dices with Hazeone and Gary in the second race.

Cheers guys
    SerenityInSpeed likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    My race was probably the best i could of got result wise for both races despite a few incidents.

Car was really unstable on eau rouge and was losing big time there.

First race was going good in first.managing to get pole by .008 with my fastest lap of the round.

Had a bit of a laggy start but went well, had a battle with N64 and grinder untill they both started taking off, tried my hardest to stay with them but made a few errors, overall i was happy with my performance.

2nd race starting from the back managed a good start and just avoided TB, managaed to catch up to mint and cyber as they where battling. Mint got past then i managed to pass cyber, by this stage mint had opened a bit of a gap and then kept increasing it where i was able to increase my gap a little with cyber and thats basically how it finished.
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I said it last night, but I'll say it again. I'm really sorry about the race 2 incident at the top of Eu rouge. Got through there only to see Haze snapping back and forth trying desperately to catch a massive slide:eek:. I picked my side of the track and held my breath, only for his car to snap back my way and punch me into the wall:confused:. I bounced back onto the track relatively straight but new I'd be vulnerable due to my lack of speed, but what I couldn't avoid was the steering damage I sustained as well. This is what my issue was when everyone caught me. Really sorry emmo, I did see you at one point but I thought you had got outta there. was really struggling to keep the Fazza pointing in a straight line. If anyone feels aggrieved by the whole thing then I am more than happy to take a penalty for it.:(
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No problems TB, just a racing incident, you were a victim as well, I thought it looked funny on the replay though with us bouncing off each other and me bouncing along the fence. Better than Luna Park.
    In retrospect (20 - 20 hindsight is good) I shouldn't have gone for the gap, I should have been more careful and braked, although somebody probably would have slammed into the back of me then, didn't get much time to think, just reflex action.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks again Mus for another fantastic night of racing, The F430 was really enjoyable on this circuit. In the first race I had a great dice with some of the Semi Pro drivers and particularly enjoyed another great battle with Joe. I got around him early and he spent the remainder of the race pressing for a pass. He would gain slightly on the straights but the F430 had the advantage on the bendy bits, he was making a lot of ground into the bus stop though and that is where he put the most pressure on, especially on the last lap where I just managed to scrabble over the line 2 tenths ahead. I was exhausted after all that.
    Race two was a little crazy on the first lap, I got a good run up the inside into turn one and but slotyed in behind Gary on an inside run, Mustafur came around the outside and I slotted in behind him for the run to Eau Rouge with N64 right on my tail. I eased back a little through Eau Rouge so as not to touch Mus through there and N64 ghosted right through me to move ahead. As I came onto the straight there was chaos ahead and TB was bouncing off the barrier on the right and Haze was sideways. I headed left looking for an opening and TB rebounded from the right to the left just as I arrived at the gap and we both went left into the barriers. For a little while I had all four wheels on the grass as I bounced along the barrier and TB had 2 wheels on the grass beside me as he fought to regain control, each time I tried to steer back towards the track I would bounce off TB, it was quite a ride.
    I eventually got back on track in last place I think but just behind the pack. Poor Gary disappeared off track at Les Combes so that was a spot back. On the run from Les Combes to Bruxells I poked out to the right to look at a possible run up the inside only to find N64 sitting stopped on the track, he was ghosted so I went to go through but he unghosted (materialised??) just as I reached him. The resultant crash sent me spearing left into the barriers and I also got a time penalty as a reward for my good work.
    I gathered it up and set off after the pack. I'm not sure how I ended up ahead of Gary, maybe I got back on track before he did after our offs. I managed to pass Mick, Haze and Doogs on track and Ranoken helped me out by having a spin heading into Fagnes.That's as far as I could climb because the others in front were the Semi Pro gang and they were too fast for me to catch.
    All in all I had a very satisfying night.
    My quest to win the gent class seems to be helped by the F430, my oponents seem to be struggling a bit with the NSX and Aston. I think the F430 should go all right at Indy road and then I am not sure how it will go at a wet Silverstone, the rain may seriously increase it's lack of front end grip and stop me from playing to it's splendid rear end grip on corner exit.
    Mus, I'm sorry to hear that you may not be partaking in the remaining rounds, you looked set for a fight to the finish with Mint for outright honours.
    WAC likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46