GT6 [Series -08/05] Intercontinental Sportscar Championship[ISC]

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    copyied from motogp site so Emmo can get a reference for the points table:
    For each race, Championship points will be awarded on the following scale:

• 1st 25 points
    • 2nd 20 points
    • 3rd 16 points
    • 4th 13 points
    • 5th 11 points
    • 6th 10 points
    • 7th 9 points
    • 8th 8 points
    • 9th 7 points
    • 10th 6 points
    • 11th 5 points
    • 12th 4 points
    • 13th 3 points
    • 14th 2 points
    • 15th 1 point
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    ^&%*$ network, dropped out of race one with 30 secs of qually to go:eek:. Had a good steady run in race 2 though, didn't let the fast guys that passed me rattle me into an error and got a good 5th place, great concept Mustafur. The good result in the second race kept me in contention with the rest of the gents.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What Happened to Joe and Fastboy in race 2??
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Damn, I'm absolutely kicking myself for making those 3 stupid errors in race 1, I have no doubt we would have had a great battle. My first error was me getting distracted into Ascari, if I was a bit more patient I could have stayed 2nd instead of falling way back. The 2nd was even more costly, getting all
    cross eyed into the Lesmo. I really enjoyed fighting back, the RX7 was really hooked up here, despite being hammered in a straight line. A bit of argy bargy with hatfield cost me 8th, wasn't too pleased but that's racing. Monza proves once again that being on your own earns you so much time. Mus dominated that race.

The 2nd race was brilliant. I got held up in the initial stages, but I was prepared to bide my time. Cyber's Corvette was really making me nervous with the speed deficit. There must have been some sort of jam ahead, as, despite braking early, I cannoned into the back of gary's Viper and getting a penalty. Instead of passing a fee cars up the inside, I still had to wait. CAGM must have made an error, as Zamps was now in the clear. I had to get ahead of Emmo ASAP.

Once I did, Zamps had a 2.5 second lead, which seesawed over the next few laps. It began to shrink in the final 3 laps. I was pushing hard as I was desperate to make up for my errors for race 1, but Zamps did everything he needed to do to win.

If I hadn't of made so many errors in Race 1, I'd probably be leading the standings, but oh well. Can't win em all. Laguna Seca should suit the RX7 more, although it isn't a circuit I particularly enjoy. I'm really looking forward to next week.

Cheers, Jono
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Where does Minh_head fit in, PRO, SP??. and what was he driving??
  7. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I got disconnected just as we were getting set to start race 2 and then couldn't find the room!
    Didn't want to be the guy to upset the room so semi rage quit. Was well pissed off cause i was enjoying that goddamnit!
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I got DC just before start and couldn't find the room again, so I said quits and went to bed. And Joe got 5th in race 1 ahead of me just at the line
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    What a surprise Emmo - the two of us battling for top spot on the Gents leaderboard (with Haze and Rano breathing right down our necks).

I was bummed after the 1st race as I felt I was doing alright until what I suspect was a lag punt from Cyber a few laps into the race sent me off and into the sand on turn 5 and by the time I made it back to the track the field were well and truly gone.

Race 2 was a bit better after the PSN gremlins DSC'd me just before we were about to start and I tried a few times to get back into the lobby (but couldn't find it)....but eventually it re-appeared and I made it back in just in time.
    These online issues are really a PITA - for everyone!

I felt I drove OK but need alot more practice to feel comfortable with the Aston. Now to try and juggle prac time between the Aston and the Macca :)

Good fun though!
    emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    the reason the lobby might not of appeared is because i got disconnected and i was host of the fixed server which disconnects the whole server, the server didn't come back up until i made it again.
  11. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Seems there was a bit of connection dramas.... Which makes me glad I didnt try to get in there with my 256k speed limited internets that Im stuck with till sunday/monday (stupid stupid telstra).... Might have to pack up the rig and take it to a mates place for sunday night.
    Sorry Mus!
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    it only happened after the first race where i disconnected, after i made a new one it went all right, despite this i would say it was a good day compared to PDs shocking standards.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    What have you done to my table???? lol
    I remember having a battle with you but not the specifics...what happened?
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was trying to get ahead of you on the last lap, I got the outside line at La Roggia but there was contact and you went 2 seconds ahead as I tried to avoid a penalty. Doesn't matter though, it was a great race.
  15. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Great race last night guys. Had fun having to come from last in both races. The NSX is awesome under brakes, just has no straight line speed so what time you make up in corners you lose on the straights.

First race got a good start only to see Hatfield completely miss his brake marker and hit zamps aston. Then I was unfortunately the ball in the pin ball machine as everyone tried to dodge zamps and Hatfield, as I went from 5th to last as I was bounced off by 8 cars. Got the car back to third at the end which was good. Second race, got to the second chicane, held my inside line to cover mus, then wham smashed straight into the beach by someone. Took 10 seconds to get out so race was over. Pretty much drove by myself as a big group in front bashed each other off the road.

This is a great series Musty, hopefully a few drivers can calm down on the first corner at Laguna so everyone can have some decent battles. I think The rx7s and the NSXs will be quite hard to beat next race.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    First race for me was quite straight forward, got a good start off the line and got a clear entry to turn one, with quite a few battling behind me it allowed me to pump out best laps all the way to the end unchallenged.

Race two was another story though, i got a decwnt start and was very cautious to not get involved in a crash in the first lap managing to make a few places, then i had a battle with hatfield for a lap and when coming to the parabolica he came down the inside of me and i turned into him not seeing he was there and it pushed me off the road. That cost me about 10 seconds but from there I made no mistakes and climbed up the grid to 4th with a late pass on emmo on the last lap.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Hope the RX7 is faster, was lossing pace in the slipstream. But was a big woops moment when I qualify on pole. Should probably stop racing when fighting with someone
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I had a mad rush prior to jumping on... searching for the car in the dealers, oil change, rigidity fix, painting car, etc etc lol.
    I should really get that all done before the night :p
    Jumped in and for the life of me couldn't get anywhere close to the times you guys were posting!
    Hitting 2:12's+ and wondering what was going on.
    II was going through the first half of the first heat wondering why my car was so much slower, thinking I must have missed something in this thread suggesting a power upgrade of some kind.. it was only towards the latter half that I realised I was probably on the wrong tyres!
    Second heat was a lot better after changing over to SM, but it took a couple of laps to readjust my braking spots.

Glad that the Gentlemen's club is bunched up in the points!
    Emmo would've have a massive lead if he managed to make the first race!
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ill have some rooms up during the week for laguna so you guys can get some practise, these cars require alot of finesse to get the best out of them compared to race cars so practise is required to get the best out of them.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Now I remember, from my point of view we were side by side and when you turned in I was there so you would either have to slow down or get a cut penalty.
    Yeah sorry about that I completely missed my marker then I was grateful that my car ghosted mostly.

That explains why my race 2 turn 1 was very cautious and slow haha