GT5 SPA '60's endurance race!!! 23/9

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rumbleshorts, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Still 1, maybe 2 spots left mate :) and if it is like last time, half the p expel won't show anyway :p

P.s. 20 mill sitting in the OCD now.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Man, just ran a few laps in the gt40 and that thing is insane.

Got down to a 2.29.6, but cchrist it was hard work. Hope my pit crew is well rested !!!

Will be pitting every 4 or 5 laps. Lol.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

So if tuning is probited, and some peoples PP is a bit messed up, can you still change the power limiter? Bit of a dumb question lol, cant remember exactly.
    Will get the B-Spec indy done today, and ready for tonight:) So if I do an oil change on the car, I should be at 564? Or will it need a buit of running in?
  4. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Just tried it, you are allowed on track with the power limiter and tuning prohibited. Now to see if I can drive...
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

You will meet the PP I have set with oil change and no run in.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Rumbles / guys

Sorry, i just couldnt do it any more......That car in the dry is insane...forget the rain !!

I couldnt even turn into any corner, at any speed without it swapping ends on me. I tried braking straight, changing my lines, bias, swear words and nothing would keep that pig of a thing on the track.

then i needed to pee !!! I looked and there was still 20 laps and sorry, my bladder aint that big !!

So sorry rumbles, not something i normally do, but the enjoyment wasn't there for me tonight, not to mention i had work i should have been doing instead for 9 am tomorrow morning.

Stu
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

No worries stu.

To all those that hated it, sorry. To those 5 of us at stuck it out, thanks for making it a small success.

One thing I have learnt from his race.. Weather in GT5 sucks arse. Doesn't help that there is sfa information out there as to what makes ideal settings :( any future races will be no weather :lol:

Grats to barra, Cyber & Nat on the podium. I came a distant 4th and I am not sure what happened to brew but he finished 5th. I don't think I will bother with fastest laps, seeing as we only had about 4 laps dry enough to count towards it.

What with Cyber's series coming up which will be all enduro's and chev's series too, I don't think I will be planning another Enduro in the short term. When I do, I can guarentee it will not have weather in it :p
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, great effort to stick it out guys.

Buggered if i now how some of you were so fast, i followed TC at one stage and a few others and if i tried to go through some of the corners at the same speed and swapped ends more times than i care to remember.

It wanted to spin under breaking, turning in and on corner exit, even in the dry i had NO grip. Didnt matter if i was on the throttle or not......had a 8 / 4 bias and just couldnt get the rear to stop coming round.

Add to that rumbles, the fact that in the wet the tires dont heat up at all and it just understeers everywhere.

Will be interesting to see what the new update does to the wet tire model.......if anything.......

Anyway, Was a bloody tough challenge....am sure it rained much more than you intended
  9. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Well, 11 started, five finished, 6 drowned.

I wasnt confident at the start, then it rained, then I got a shortcut penalty at Radillon on lap one. Then spun like a top braking for the bus stop on lap two - apparently I through about a steering input while on the rumble strip - spin. Going to be a looong night.
    Anyway, got my head down, and pitted on lap 5 about 40sec down on Cyber. Still raining - inters on. Managed some solid laps by being conservative and managed to pass a couple of guys and got back to 3rd. Had a good battle with Nat for a couple of laps. Still raining.
    Was going along smoothly til about 60% water, then it got real tough. The game doesnt suggest full wet tyres til 80% water, and somehow this car still burns tyres in the wet. Even at 70-80% water, I could still only get 7-8 laps out of a set (compared to 5in the dry), then the rears went off in a big way.
    Through all that, I made up the minute or so I was back from Cyber - I assume he built some sandcastles somewhere. We were nose to tail for most of the last 5 or six laps. Pure passing was kinda tough since the car stepped sideways on acceleration, and mine always wanted to turn right as soon as I got hard on the brakes for Les Combes. Sorry if it looked like I was trying to cut you off Cyber.
    After nearly an hour and half of racing, Cyber passed me in the last corner to win by 0.8sec. Epic.

Not sure I would do it again though. I would still support a wet race in the league IF we did 30% water and not variation (or something along those lines). More than 60% is a nightmare unless you happen to be in the groove. I was lucky last night. If we did it again next week, I might be the one in the sand 3 times a lap.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great effort Barra.

i went to full wets on my second stop, maybe that's why is was pretty much uncontrollable. i think the water at that stage was about 30%,

To finish that close to each other after a race that long is a fantastic result. Well done mate.

As for the league races with weather, we need to work out how to do it so in the enduro the rain is random, and perhaps even stops and drys up completely......our enduro a few seasons ago at the Nurgurg had that, it would rain for a while, stop and dry up.

No idea how to do it though..
  11. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I just went with what the game suggested, up until I pitted when the water was in the 70s, when it still wanted to give me inters. I remember seeing somewhere that the rain tyres are only useful in really wet conditions, but I was mainly going on what the pit pop up suggested. When I pitted on lap 27 at 80something% water it offered me wets.

There is the variability slider, but I dont think there is a way to ensure that the rain stops at any point. Rumbles, what did you have it set at last night? The last time we had a wet league race was in season 2, my first one. But that was when there was wet, variable and dry options. No sliders. We just went full wet at Monza and dealt with it. If we do a wet race, I think it has to be Monza, more forgiving than Spa. The only place you really get killed for going deep is Parabolica cause it takes so long to get out of the sand.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I think i have the variation part sussed. The scale is for 1 to 10, and my guess is 10 makes it change alot more often. I had the race set to 25%, but cant remember if i reset it after the track reset or not.
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

wwwwwWOW ! !

What a learning experience - I hadn't done a decent race in the wet for a long long time, and BOY is it NASTY!
    I also learnt that if you run wide out of T1 to avoid half the field tripping over each other, you get 5sec. penalty! GRR !

I mistakenly put on full-wets early, at 18% water or so - they barely lasted the lap to get me back & put inters on !
    Really enjoyed picking my way through the field though, it was great until about 55% wet, when it started getting too ridiculous.

Last 5 laps were horrible - Wheelspin in 4th, straightline, on fresh full-wets? Aaaarrgghh ! ! !
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'm in! :lol:
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Podiums as per OP added to HoF ;)