Stiggy's 10-question Bathurst Quiz

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheStig13, Oct 6, 2012.

1. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    This is just a fun topic to test your knowledge on the Bathurst 1000... with the possibility of a small prize of a gift in GT5. Please don't cheat by Googling the answers (yes E, that means you as well :p). There is always the chance of me being wrong with my answers as well, so if when they are revealed and you think something is wrong, i'll check up on it and correct it.

There will be one point for each complete correct answer, with half or quarter points awarded for each partly correct answer

1. Who were the 4 drivers that drove for the Moffat Ford Dealers team in the infamous 1-2 finish in 1977?
    2. In what year did Triple 8 make their debut at the Bathurst 1000 and with which manufacturer?
    3. After the split between Peter Brock and Holden over the energy polarizer, which 4 car brands was he either associated with or raced for?
    4. How many laps was the Bathurst 1000 before 1987 when the Chase was introduced?
    5. In 1987, an official FIA World Championship event was held at the Bathurst 1000 as one of two Australian rounds. Name the series and the track that hosted the other round.
    6. In 2009, Holden matched a long standing record of the number of cars in the Top 10 at Bathurst by a single manufacturer. Which manufacturer held this record?
    7. True or False Has Jamie Whincup co driven with his 2012 co-driver Paul Dumbrell before at Bathurst?
    8. In what year did the Bathurst winning car have sponsorship from Playstation and Gran Turismo?
    9. How many times has Brad Jones been on the podium in a Bathurst 1000, and what is significant about this?
    10. Next year Stone Brothers Racing will be running Mercedes AMG engines from current Australian GT team Erebus Racing. Where did the Erebus Racing SLS AMG finish in this years Bathurst 12 Hour, and which current SBR driver was a part of that team?

Please PM your answers to me before 11:59PM Monday the 8th.