Team Race Results

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Benjamin J Smith, Jun 12, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Looking ahead we have:
    • Sept 26 - Bathurst 1000 in the V8
    • Oct 3 - Petit Le Mans (10 hours, Multiclass GTs at Road Atlanta)
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  2. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Hi guys, Going to try and keep this a bit more updated if I can. In between the big team endurance events, I focus on the V8 Supercars Online Premier Series (V8SCOPS). We are currently about to enter the second round of the Endurance Cup for the Imola 500. To Qualify for these races there are three 6 hour sessions held during the week/weekend leading into the event and the top 40 team mkae it into the race. The results of the Pre-Qualifying sessions are here. We managed 31st and 36th fastest to make it into the race.

[​IMG]

#947 driven by Tyler Blackburn and Justin Wallace and the #91 of Benjamin Smith and Andrew Mogridge. The event is broadcasted by SimSpeed at 6pm AEST tonight with with Qualifying starting at 5:30pm and the race starting at 6:15pm. Be sure to tune in to see all the action take place and see what our team can do."

[​IMG][​IMG]
  3. Pringles_947

The AnalytiCall RACEONOZ Esports Team took 3 drivers to the streets of Long Beach, California, for Round 13 of the V8 SCOPS Premier Series.
    @mitchie06 who made his solo race debut in the series after teaming up with Andrew as a co-driver for Phillip Island and the Bathurst 1000, started on the outside of the second row in 4th place and quickly consolidated his spot in the race moving up to 2nd position for the majority of the race. After a tight battle with Ben Christensen and Dylan O’Shea, with the three of them gapping the field by over 10 seconds, Luke would end up in third spot and gain his first podium! I was involved in a crash leading into turn 1 on the first lap and would recover back to finish where he started in 11th place. Andrew Mogridge made the most of the chaos into turn 1 and capitalised to finish 9th from 18th on the grid.
    The Hervey Bay Autoglass RACEONOZ team was represented by @its-benny-racer and @JumbuckMedia in the Flat Sixes support category. With Benjamin fighting for the championship he needed a solid finish to maintain pressure. Unfortunately, Ben had a couple of spins, but showed excellent pace to fight back to 6th place. Isaac had an eventful race, always in some action and finished up in 11th. The team is currently leading the teams championship with 2 rounds left in the season. Let's get it!

[​IMG]
    arakasi-, Anthonyb, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  4. Pringles_947

V8SCOPS Round 14
    The Analyticall Raceonoz Esports Team took 3 drivers to Brazil for Round 14 of the V8 Supercars Online Premier Series.

Andrew Mogridge started us off for the night starting up in P4 in the second split. He was in the thick of the action, battling for P3, when he was involved in an incident which sent him off the track and removed most of the car’s front end for the rest of the race. He clawed back to finish in a solid P4. Myself and @mitchie06 qualified 37th and 31st in the top split, both of them had great starts and were able to progressively move forward in the early stage of the race. In the middle section of the race @mitchie06 received a drive through penalty for contact and a pit lane error for me saw them both drop back a few spots and raced each other to the finish to cross the line nose to tail in 25th and 26th position.

We wish the team luck tonight as we head to Road America with 5 drivers competing.[​IMG][​IMG]
  5. Pringles_947

The team had 3 entries in the first official running of the Suzuka 10 Hr in iRacing, each in a different time slot.

First up was the AnalytiCall RACEONOZ Esports Porsche 991 GT3 R of myself, @Benjamin J Smith and @mitchie06. I was able to set a PB in qualifying and placed the car up in 10th place for the start. Unfortunately this would be the highest position the team would be in after a couple of incidents in the first stint put them 5 laps down. The team pressed on and finished in 25th place.

Second up was the Hervey Bay Autoglass RACEONOZ machine of @Cruise Mason ('The Missile’), @Blue XR8, @Hecker-Koch and Lee Keldoulis. Lee did a great job and put the car on the second row for the start of the race which helped keep the car out of too much trouble. The team worked together well throughout the race and came home in 6th place!

Third was the AnalytiCall RACEONOZ Esports team of Justin Wallace, @its-benny-racer, Bradley Sanders, @Benjamin J Smith and myself. The team started in the middle of the pack in 21st place and had some minor incidents within the pack in the first half of the race which caused some minor damage. The team had a spin which resulted in contact with another car causing major damage. Once the damage was fixed the team had fast pace, often being the quickest on the track and Brad grabbed the fastest lap of the race, the final result was 29th.

That wraps up the special endurances for the year. After a small break we will be back at it for the Daytona 24 Hr in January![​IMG]
    [​IMG]