THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Im out for the season. I have so much going on right now and turning up ready for a bit of fun on a sunday night and i get taken out twice on the opening lap, working my ass off to get back into contention, running on the podium with 10 laps to go, not a car in sight because nobody in Div1 actually shows up anymore, only for my PS4 to freeze. What a load of :):):):)
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Bloody nightmare of a race tonight and sorry Beau for you getting caught up in the accident. Tried to give whoever it was a bit of room but got pushed wide and hit the AstroTurf spitting me back out on track and leaving you nowhere to go. Big impact as well.:(
  3. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Nice work Samsung, nailed it. Unlucky beau for the disconnect. I ended up an undeserved 2nd due to beau dropping out. For some reason I couldn't touch a rumble strip without the car snapping sideways. The game thought that the rumble strips were ice, the Astro turf was a special traction control system that kept cut the power delivery every time I touched a wheel on it and then it cut the power to the car so had to pull over near start finish line and try and figure out how to get it going which cost a ton of time. Not being able to use the rumble strips killed my lap times as I couldn't trust them not to spit me off the road (ie lap 1) pretty much raced by myself the whole race.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Results: (not sure of order of disconnections can anyone remember?)
    [​IMG]

Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    With Clint not here I thought tonight would be pretty relaxing........WRONG. Somehow Mr Albert was running similar lap times to me but I got lucky and managed to snag pole due to an error from Beau. The start was odd, I expected to sail off over the hill but Beau managed to hang with me. Vh obviously purchased the crazy start DLC because after sneaking in between Beau and Myself VH was already 2 car lengths ahead. Deciding to strike early, I put a move on Beau into Les Combes but after a rather impressive slide I didn't have the momentum to stay on the outside, Beau dropped a wheel over the kerb thinking I was still holding onto the position but he hit the kerb and spun. I focused on VH but after he took a trip to the sand at stavelot I had a pretty comfortable lead. Lap 17 I chose to pit with about an 18s lead. With fresh tires I pressed on but didn't really gain much time on the 2 leaders, yet once Beau pitted I was stressing because although he was 25s behind, the gap dropped to 24 so I activated Samsungtec and managed to extend the lead to 29s before Beau DCed. The rest of the race was pretty relaxed, so I used the time to try and get the fastest lap (I was even considering pitting again to get fresh tires) and the best I could manage was a 02:12:295 but on 2 occasions I could have been in the 11s but traffic became an issue. After almost being wiped out by Spectre i tried to give him his spot back so he could chase down 4th and also so I could get a toe but I ended up loosing about 10s to VH but coming home with a comfortable 1m22s lead.

Hopefully at least 2 people turn up for next weeks race, then again almost everyone has something to winge about and in my opinion you all need to stop being a bunch of twats :laugh:, ill leave a link to train simulator below so you guys can have a league on there and there wont be any effort needed to practice and hey guess what!!!!! Trains are already on rails!!! (yes i have confirmed with @TheJuzzy )

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

To the people that decided to show up, Thanks.
    @Beau_Albert - @zuluwoffle - @vh_mik - @The_Spectre - @Anthony
    stucar17, George and Zachery like this.
  6. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Traction control vh wtf are you kidding me? Im shocked. Curbs and astro tuff not shocked at all after races with you for years.
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Sorry mate i didnt see u coming up behind and didnt get a blue flag warning from the game or app and then i was too tired to realize u were letting me back past at the bus stop o_O

And gratz again on the win, uve got a real purple patch going at the moment just about have the title wrapped up now.
    And ill be there every race even tho im not driving well at the moment and have lost the pace in this car...
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Sorry zulu i think that was me on the first lap. I got a bad run out of rivage/bruxelles but tired to give u as much room as i could on the exit of the no name corner. I dont think you realised i was still there but i didnt think we touched at all
  9. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Huh? I don't run traction control. Was saying that touching the Astro turf the wheels should of kicked up a little bit but instead it caused the car to lag and not take off out of the corners, so I stated the Astro turf acted like a :):):):) traction control system.
  10. autech91

autech91 Professional

Just so everyone knows my reasons for leaving.

I originally joined to race with two of my mates, both of whom have chosen to not continue with Rooz Sunday night racing, I have never ran in a Tuned series before but have done lots of no tune racing, where the racing is close and fierce and if you lose it's because the other guy drove better. While racing at Brno at the beginning of the season I ran a perfect race up till the end, but people still drove away from me.
    I stuck out last season despite the fact that my limited practice time didn't allow me to battle in every race and the racing wasn't all that fantastic. By the end there was only a few of us left.

I put it out here in this thread that we might come to an agreement limiting practice time for all drivers, something which wont be enforceable, but lets face it, if you can't trust the guy racing next to you then what is the point? Also if you chose to cheat, that says more about you than it does the guys that stuck to it.
    Unfortunately no one seemed to think that was a good idea, so I called it quits.

That's it in a nutshell guys, cheers for the racing, I will still run in the community events and may join at some stage on AC if it proves to be a viable platform.
  11. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Sorry vh i must have miss read. Ya had me worried there.
    Sam D Blacklock and vh_mik like this.
  12. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    That sims a bit pricey though are there any good free ones?
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  13. Anthony

Anthony Rookie

PSN ID
    AnthonyChaplin
    A massive sorry to everyone behind me on the start line lastnight. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the same thing happened Tuesday night, no gear on the start line then, because I’m frantic, change up 3 all at once and just can't get moving. I’ll do some online runs and see if I can work out what I’m doing so it doesn’t happen again.

I feel like such a flog, so again really really sorry. :oops:
    Other than that and being slow it was a good introduction.

Thanks all.
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. Clinton

Clinton New Recruit

Sorry I missed it. Was coughing up a lung
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Wasnt the idea of running Div 1a and 1b supposed to try to keep more of us entertained for the whole season? It definately could have done but everyone dismissed that idea after the first round with some strong results from 1b drivers and it was never spoken of again (altho its still on the first post), even tho inevitably the stronger 1a drivers would restore order as they have now done and are clearly faster than the rest...
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :whistling::whistling:
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I wasnt saying it was a bad idea... that it was a missed oportunity cos more people didnt get into it
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @Samsung1998racer it's no lie project cars is a piece of :):):):), most people don't want to play it every Sunday night others would rather do other things.

I'll have a race once every few weeks but it's hard to want to play it for so long.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I dont get why ud sign up for the season then if u dont like the game?
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    It was tolerable last season.

I like racing but driving weekly on this game is not something i could enjoy much at the moment,

I made a series for casual endurance races every 3 or or so weeks which still makes me happy to race just without the demand, any other pointless questions?

I have no faith really in Ps4's AC since it will just be another project cars.

so till GT sport I will part time play this game.