The Interviewooz - DRZ_Hatfield

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hatfield, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    http://raceonoz.com/article.php?id=68

Please feel free to comment on our new ROOZ NEWS item, ask any questions you have to @Hatfield , or suggest any other questions to ask future Interviewooz interviewees.

Questions from the thread:
    In the days where arcade machines were more prominent, you could choose 3 letters to leave your mark in a machines high score listing. I didn't really care too much for my Initials DPH and wanted to come up with something else. Also at the time, the word 'Rulez' (or variations of it) was 'in'. So my in my mind as a child I thought "Dan Rulez... Dan RuleZ ... DRZ" and so I had come up with the 3 letters to leave my mark on the gaming world.
    Younger family members copied for a while such as PRZ or RRZ or MRZ but haven't stuck to it.
    I have even been called Doctor Z at one stage since it can look like DrZ haha

As for online sim racing communities, I started on GT Planet in the OzRacingSeries (ORS) and from there found OzCoMoBros (OCMB) which we both had a community event with. OCMB is where I met @warrior2167 and fought with him and another driver named Rod for the top spot in the championship... with warrior eventually prevailing through fastest lap points.
    Warrior introduced me to RaceOnOz... and I haven't looked back.

It would be hard to narrow it down to one with that broad scope. One of my earliest memories of a favourite race was on the original Grand Prix. I was in the McLaren at the long Hockenheim and the 2 Williams had better pace on the straights. At one stage they both tried to overtake on one of the straights at the same time... one on each side.
    Another favourite race was in GT Legends. I have quite a few mod tracks for it and this occasion I decided to try a 60 lap (the maximum) race at Bathurst in a Mini Cooper... against the hardest opposition... cars such as the Corvette Stingray and the Porsche 906. With an almost 30 car grid I managed to come 5th.

Not sure. But probably not... although could be distant relations...

I don't really have a favourite or least favourite corner... maybe the first turn S at Ascari for favourite...
    Least favourite could maybe something trickier at matterhorn...
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Firstly, i would like to thank @Beau_Albert for all his hard work in making this idea a reality with his Interviewing skills ;)
    We are hoping our idea takes off!
    stucar17 and Beau_Albert like this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Umm...what's behind the "DRZ" in the ID?
    And were you a member of an online sim racing community before joining RaceOnOz (e.g. GTPlanet)?
    stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah i wanna know bout the drz also lol.
    Awesome article though @Beau_Albert. Reckon its a cool idea.
    stucar17 and Beau_Albert like this.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    In the days where arcade machines were more prominent, you could choose 3 letters to leave your mark in a machines high score listing. I didn't really care too much for my Initials DPH and wanted to come up with something else. Also at the time, the word 'Rulez' (or variations of it) was 'in'. So my in my mind as a child I thought "Dan Rulez... Dan RuleZ ... DRZ" and so I had come up with the 3 letters to leave my mark on the gaming world.
    Younger family members copied for a while such as PRZ or RRZ or MRZ but haven't stuck to it.
    I have even been called Doctor Z at one stage since it can look like DrZ haha

As for online sim racing communities, I started on GT Planet in the OzRacingSeries (ORS) and from there found OzCoMoBros (OCMB) which we both had a community event with. OCMB is where I met @warrior2167 and fought with him and another driver named Rod for the top spot in the championship... with warrior eventually prevailing through fastest lap points.
    Warrior introduced me to RaceOnOz... and I haven't looked back.
    stucar17, Peter Wise and REVO_Bryan like this.
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Fantastic idea @Beau_Albert !! Reminds me of the podium interviews from F1GM ;)
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Pinnies, high score, 3 letters, always and still is Z__
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Glad everyone likes the concept so much!! When Hat originally came up with the idea i was intrigued how it would go! Any questions that could apply to any ROOZ member as well would be greatly appreciated for future editions. I found out being creative isn't as easy as it looks!
    Thanks for the kind words guys :thumbsup:
  9. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    What is your favourite race you ever had on any sim racing game?
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It would be hard to narrow it down to one with that broad scope. One of my earliest memories of a favourite race was on the original Grand Prix. I was in the McLaren at the long Hockenheim and the 2 Williams had better pace on the straights. At one stage they both tried to overtake on one of the straights at the same time... one on each side.
    Another favourite race was in GT Legends. I have quite a few mod tracks for it and this occasion I decided to try a 60 lap (the maximum) race at Bathurst in a Mini Cooper... against the hardest opposition... cars such as the Corvette Stingray and the Porsche 906. With an almost 30 car grid I managed to come 5th.
    X-WTF_MAN-X likes this.
  11. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I still remember the time I did a 1:12 around Monaco on the original Microprose Grand Prix. Played that game so much, multiple full seasons with full length races.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you've got 10 years on me ;) I didn't have the patience as a primary school lad to go over 10-20%
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Are you by any chance, related to the Hatfields of Hatfields and McCoys fame and notoriety? Because that would be badass.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Not sure. But probably not... although could be distant relations...
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

What is your favourite corner of all the tracks on GT6? What is your least favourite corner? If you say lesmo's at Monza are your favourite, I will hunt you down.
    PS I remember and still have Microprose Grand Prix.. Loved that game too..the creator became legendary in the gaming world...
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't really have a favourite or least favourite corner... maybe the first turn S at Ascari for favourite...
    Least favourite could maybe something trickier at matterhorn...