GT6 The Toughest ROOZ Race Defeats

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hey guys
    What do you guys think was your greatest race that you lost? Whether you thought you had the race in the bag and something came up with a few laps left, or if you were catching first but ran out of laps?
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well seeing i've never won a sunday race I don't know any other feeling. Off the top of my head I don't believe i've ever been in a position where i've felt i've had it in the bag. I've led for long periods of time with a respectable lead but in all those times that lead was just an illusion due to strategy.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Last race of the Citroen GT season on GT5 think it was season 13.

I was battling with Warrior all race and I pitted a lap after him and come out of the Pits ahead with fresher tyres, and looked to have it in the bag untill I got a short cut penalty (before the tunnel first sector of Deepforest) handing the lead to warrior. I then tried hard to get past but he defended too well and I came home in 2nd.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well I go back too my very first ROOZ race in the mc claren were I think I got pole , fastest lap and won the race ! Great start to my rooz racing in div 4 and that was a great series were I finished runner up to Doogle dave .my worst race was really a series in the mx5 were I just couldn't come to grips with that car in div3 now in the camaro not doing to bad !
    Stiffsht likes this.
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    For me it would be Season 8, final round. The race to determine the championship. Stumbles had the lead into the race, but if I could win, take fastest lap and pole with Stumbles finishing second, i would finish on equal points and win the championship on countback.

I practiced so hard that week, the round was at Fuji and I was doing alright. Race night came, tick one, got pole. Pretty much pulled away from the field from the outset and built a big lead, got to about 5 laps from the end, when my power circuits tripped and cut the power.

DSC from the lead and the championship was ripped away...... so sad...... lol
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    My worst was Spa endure in the McLaren, I got pole, pulled away, had about a 30 second gap to second with just 2 laps to go, only for my internet to decide to pack up for the night :(
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Would have to be season 12 in the NSX, last race was Spa in the wet and arrived to that race leading the div2 championship and a single point over nugget.
    Got pole and started well in the lead, but lost the car on turn three and let half the guys through. Pushed as hard as I could but had so many wobbles that lost confidence and just got slower. Nugget won the race and the championship, pretty good job as he drove with a controller.
  8. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Deep forest in the monaro, throwback series. Led from the start, never put a foot wrong, until.....
    Coming onto the start/finish straight to start the final lap, put one whsel out on the grass, spun and hit the end of the pit wall, which would have been ok, I had enough lead to recover, BUT.....
    Spun INTO the pit entry, and with my foot still on the go pedal, they proceded to change tyres AND fuel the car. Chased hard, but with only one lap, could only claim 4th spot!:mad::mad::mad:
    JonoStan96 likes this.