Sim Controls Upgrading to wheel

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Gavatron, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Gavatron

Gavatron Rookie

PSN ID
    azzahw
    Hi all,

I have been playing with a controller and keen to try a wheel. I don't want to spend too much and have been pointed into the direction of a G29 with next level stand for 300 bucks. I am told it has been barely used and is in great condition. They pedals have been upgraded, but I have read some people have issues with full breaking. When inspecting what should I be looking for in the pedal upgrade and is there anything else I should be checking out?

Cheers
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i have the next level stand with g29. full braking can be an issue, so you will probably need something to stop the cockpit sliding forward if your chair is not attached to it, otherwise it does the job well.
    others I speak to who have the g29 say the brake pedal is the best thing and really enjoy it
  3. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

The only let down i had with the standard G29 was the feedback (or lack thereof) from the pedals (and a slight case of the brakes staying on after releasing) but upgraded the pedal springs to solve the sticking problem and it was then heaps more responsive. If the springs have already been upgraded in the one you're looking at then it should feel like you need extra pressure to brake hard. No pressure = No feel. Thats my 2cents worth, others may disagree:thumbsup:
  4. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I;ve got a G29 with the GT Eye springs and think it's great. It's worth noting too that there are plenty of really fast guys, some of the quickest I've raced against that use a G29
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  5. Gavatron

Gavatron Rookie

PSN ID
    azzahw
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. He has told me he upgraded the braking spring with a gte eye. I have read that whilst about 80% loaded with this upgrade it’s 100% braking. What can be done to fix that if he hasn’t done anything?

He also advised he moved the old break spring to the accelerator and the accelerator spring to clutch. Does that sound right?
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    will it be set up for you to have a go before buying?
  7. Gavatron

Gavatron Rookie

PSN ID
    azzahw
    It’s 3 hours away so I would be freighting it to Melbourne. My friend has told me it is all in good condition, I’m just concerned about the pedals.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Exactly what i did. although i didn't bother with changing the spring in the clutch as don't really use it tbh.
    i paid just over $20 for the GT Eye brake spring on eBay and yeah it seems like a lot but after using it well worth it!
    Even my driving may have improved! Lol. (although this is somewhat debatable!)