PCARS V8SC/ Raceonoz Series ( Full but will have room ) Ps4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by seth123, Mar 18, 2016.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Do remember guys next Friday has no race the following Friday will be Bathurst
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Let me guess you put 10 or so litres in thinking it would put 10 litres in. It doesn't work like that whatever you specify it will fill you up to that amount of fuel so if you had more fuel going into the pits than you specified it won't give you anything. Just because it's pit stops don't work the same as in GT6 doesn't make the game stupid.....
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I'll jump in a reserve spot I guess. :whistling:
    George and seth123 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You'd expect basic logic to apply but I should have known, this is Pcars after all, where absolutely nothing makes
    sense. So you're telling me, that I started with 57L, and I wanted to put in 7 more at the stop (so I didn't lose time in the stop and wasn't running unnecessarily heavy), but if I wanted to put in that amount, I should have moved the slider all the way to the right and have an insanely long stop? If so, um, yes, that is incredibly stupid.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

It wouldn't have been insanely long up the top it will give you an estimated pit stop time. 16s if your just changing tyres and will increase once you go above the amount of fuel in the car. This format isn't all that bad if you know when your going to pit you only have to set it to what will comfortably getting you home. This means you don't have to worry about fuel economy prior to the stop.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, most of us have been stung with it Jono, but it's actually not too bad to work out once you understand what's going on. As CAGME said, make sure you check the pit stop time as you move the slider.
  7. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    yeh i startee race 1 with 36laps of fuel..
    i selected 24 but im not sure what happened there.
    and for race 2 i selected 18laps of fuel. expecting to take on fuel for thr pit. As it was it gave me 23 laps of fuel so i pitted on the penultimate lap for a litre of fuel lol

ill definatly do some fuel model tests before bathurst

i
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Was good racing with you mate! Welcome to ROOZ. Nice and clean and got some pace which is a bonus:thumbsup:
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah sure was, he even tricked at me the final corner and let me
    Go down the inside and I could see him grinning as my car wouldn't pull up :rolleyes:

Welcome MrF1!
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    To avoid glitches like that I run my entire fuel load at the start and just stop for tyres as I know it can't go wrong there

It's going to be interesting at Bathurst with the car hitting the limiter for a good part of about 8 seconds
    Not sure if the game burns more fuel doing that but I'm sure it's not great for the engine probably best to just coast under the limiter right?

I'm very scared of blowing an engine up this time :notworthy:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Some of my best work yet
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I believe there is better, just undiscovered
  14. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    he done that nearly the entire race!..
    Its frustrating to race individuals like that.

hahaha i cant remember that one exactly but i do like to play the patient game and force someone into an error or place pressure on them for a mistake rather then pull of moves which can cost both drivers.
    I had that car squeezed pretty hard round the track. More work to do on the set up but ill concentrate on Bathurst now. I consider myself reasonably strong round there but then the best guys i raced round there on GT6 were always from Aus so i expect a fight (clean)
    seth123 likes this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I'll need to change the tittle

Plenty of room mate
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Don't worry mate, im not always like that, just having a bit of fun.
    Welcome to Rooz anyway you look like you have a fair bit of pace on Pcars
  17. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    good to hear!
    look forward to some battles in the future :)
  18. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Was very disappointing with the racing last night, especially with one driver in particular (i think we all know who it is by now). Regardless of if he was having "fun", he simply ruined my night on 3 separate occasions. Firstly he ruined my qualifying lap for race 1. Regardless of whether your better than me, i was on a hot lap as were you, i have no obligation to pull out of my lap just to please you. If you believe you were faster, then its your job to get round me cleanly, not harass me into making a mistake like you did. The second occasion happened to be that once the driver was "taken out" further up the field, he decided to slow down and start to take out his frustrations one me further down the field by purposely slowing down, then running me off track causing significant damage for me forcing me to make an extra unscheduled pit stop. This meant i went from being 1 lap down at the time, to 3 laps down by the end because of one drivers immature decisions. 3rd occasion happened in race 2 when driver in question ran off the track and then carelessly rejoined in front of me without looking leaving me with nowhere to go but into the back of him, causing again, more damage, and again, an extra pit stop. This sort of reckless, careless, immature, stupid and frankly ridiculous driving is frustrating to deal with. The member in question is a well respected and quick member of the community who races in both div 1 in GT6 and PCARS and frankly should know better than to ruin someones night like they have. And considering the member was told prior to the strart of last season to improve their driving and to stop taking people out, you'd have thought they would have learnt and cleaned up their act. Obviously not. Bottom line, regardless of whether your a driver in div 1 or div 4, EVERYONE deserves the same amount of respect on track, and NO ONE deserves to be taken out like i was last night just because someone wants to "have fun"
    ** END RANT**

On a lighter note, its good to see I'm 5th in the championship, and had i not given up last night after a certain drivers actions I'm sure i could have been even higher. Hopefully i can look to improving my skills in the V8SC and possibly challenge for a podium in the championship standings.

And also welcome @MrF1 , hope you enjoyed last night, and hope you will join us for future events
    Spidey_11 and ADZA_85 like this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Then why did you make half of division 1 quit???
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I thought I knew who you were speaking about until you said he was well respected. Nfi now :roflmao::poop::whistling::thumbsup:
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.