ACC Wednesday Season 5 - GT4 Sprint Challenge

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Aug 10, 2020.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Which track and which class of car?

Here is a sneak preview of one of the stats features we are building - these are the track records by Rooz drivers for each track:

https://stevehasadomain.com/trackstats.php?forum=false

it takes a moment to load as it is yet to be optimised. There is also a problem with the record for Kyalami as somewhere in history a race from Zolder was uploaded as Kyalami - I know the record is held by Andy and is a high 1:39 I think. Will fix that soon! more features coming!
    Wally and krunch like this.
  2. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Oooh lets say GT4 at Zandvoort?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

ahhh that one will be a bit of googling or youtube, as we haven’t collected any data for that combo yet!
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

I have now fixed the Kyalami record - properly shows Andy in the Audi with a 1:39.957
    krunch likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Great racing tonight gents - love the GT4's!!!! Results are up in the OP!
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

OK I have set up the server for tomorrow night with slightly higher chance of rain (5% more cloud cover, 20% more randomness). I've been what I think is gentle as I know that when Marty experimented with this in the past there was a very fine line between drivable weather and insane thunderstorms.
    krunch likes this.
  7. CornfordCaster

I've been doing some public races in thunderstorms and they are a riot of fun!
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yeah!

I am having amazing fun with ACC at the moment, even on pub servers. Have had three incredible races in the last week that I have saved the replay for and one was a fantastic GT4 race around Brands Hatch on a European server in the rain. Most of the race felt like it was side by side, sliding and slipping, amazing! (others were a great battle 20 minute on Bathurst on the Jandal server (those guys are proper aussie geezers, legends actually) and the Wednesday league race here which wasn't so eventful for me but still maximum fun).
    tezpez85, krunch and nanlatt like this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

Good racing again tonight gents! Results are in the OP as usual!
    CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  10. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Bloody awesome races, was almost more of a workout than the hour long Maserati race. Thanks guys :thumbsup:
  11. Meow

Meow New Recruit

I'm so sorry about that first race, felt like i was getting pushed out coming into the first chicane. Got a wheel on the grass, tried to pull right into the wall but the car went left into someone (so sorry). The rain and night racing combo is an fps killer, was a struggle out there.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

No drama mate, I don't think any fault on that one - I was on your left and I watched the replay back a few times to see what happened. There was room but it is so difficult to judge it when we are all packed together like that and I think you were trying to leave extra room (the right thing to do) which put a wheel on the grass - luckily in the end pretty minimal impact on the overall race.

NOT like when I totally killed @nando later which was 100% on me. I redressed to Mr Gock who I thought I had contacted but it turns out it wasn't him at all, it was Nando. Apologies again mate, but I had to get my "I Killed Nando" gold badge, I'm sewing it onto my fireproofs now.

I have been watching a lot of British GT lately - the last races at Donnington and Brands Hatch were incredible. Those guys are incredibly aggressive with each other and somehow mostly seem to avoid incidents. It is really worth watching a few of these and taking a moment to try and analyse their race craft and understand how they get away with it - because it isn't an accident!
    tezpez85, Meow and nanlatt like this.
  13. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

All good Steve. It was pretty clear you had no idea where my car was or you wouldn't have driven me off the road. I'm happy for you to have got your gold badge though....:thumbsup:
    tezpez85, SteveDrivingSlowly and Meow like this.
  14. Meow

Meow New Recruit

Ow it was 100% my fault, I had way more room than i thought i did. I started to panic and tried to give you some more space.
    So worried about causing an accident, i caused an accident ... genius. I think i should of just held my line as far right as i safely could? At worst we would of rubbed doors (if you were actually as far over as i thought you were) in reality it would of avoided the contact all together.

I will definitely check out some GT races, have been watching David Perel's onboard videos with him chatting away. There
    was one i think you might find interesting called "GT Sport: Dirty David Perel?" He goes into overtaking/aggression in
    the sim world vs real world, he refers to his onboard from silverstone which is superrr aggressive driving.

A large percentage of his overtakes i would classify as dive bombs/way to aggressive to do in our races, on the
    flip-side of that coin i can barely overtake someone I'm faster than and get eaten up on the first lap every race. Any tips
    on how to work on this would be greatly appreciated.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Great racing last night guys. Despite a few incidents in the field it's clear everyone was making an effort to leave space and be fair. We can't ask for more than that :). There will always be incidents in racing and I doubt anyone expects any of us to perform at the level of the real world experts (still, it's nice to watch them at their craft).

OK so the Mclaren finally showed its worth last night! It must have heard my childlike whinging and moaning over the past few weeks and took pity on me by rewarding me with a rare win :D. It may have been a case of "in the right car at the right time" but I'll take it!

The first race was actually really fun in the thing :eek:. I'd scrambled together some tweaks to the setup that I'd hoped would let the car respond to my inputs and give me some feel, and it pretty much worked. I didn't get it together in qual but the race was great. I almost stole a podium at the end of the last lap as @Cooper and @Bueller, who'd been battling the entire race put on a classic last lap scrap that let me close right up to their bumpers in the last few corners. But being the roadblocks that they are I couldn't find a way past and had to settle with 5th.

Race two was 'da ting'. Another mid pack grid spot meant that in the dark the scramble at the start was fraught and initially I fell back a couple of spots. But after the usual opening lap drama I emerged in 4th somehow. It wasn't long before the expected rain started to fall and I gave up a spot to Cooper when I half spun on a damp exit curb. That let J. Read get a run on me and we ended up going almost an entire lap side by side with @andyo450 waiting to take the scraps. Cool stuff! I managed to hold out and after that my Mclaren seemed well enough behaved so I resisted the temptation to pit for wets.

Later on as Andy O' slid on past me (literally) I started to think maybe this was a mistake. Moments later I think that thought crossed Andy's mind too as he gave me back the lead after catching a nasty half spin. It was way too late to think about pitting now though so it was just a matter of trying to tip toe around on the black shiny stuff. I expected to see cars on wets blow past me as the time wore down but the one's that did were unlapping themselves. Somehow I navigated the thing to the chequered flag with Bueller just 2 seconds behind by the line! Phew! Awesome!:D:p:thumbsup:
    Bueller, Meow, CornfordCaster and 2 others like this.
  16. CornfordCaster

Still gutted I blew it in the first race at the chicane, I never expected to be starting second and just let the pressure get to me. Medved makes that Merc look MASSIVE in the mirrors, I was too busy looking behind and not at the death bumps ahead.

Until my ABS took over when I tried to take a 'very safe' pass off-line at the second chicane and gently bonked you off, thankfully only I lost out in that maneuver and you didn't lose the place to Andy 'O
    Dan Medved, Bueller, krunch and 3 others like this.
  17. CornfordCaster

Thanks for the racing again tonight and for this little season. It was fun to get back in to sim racing, hopefully I can try and figure out way to join you all on Monday nights. Sorry about the little mess in the second race, tried to redress @SteveDrivingSlowly by blocking the field. :whistling:
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

No drama mate, all good!

Thanks for the great racing as always gents! Results in the OP!
    Meow likes this.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

So it is with great sadness that I am forced to announce that @Cooper (Matt Frost) has won the Wednesday Super Sprint GT4 Challenge! Incredible work in probably the hardest car to drive mate, very nice!

Well done and proof that colour blindness and complete lack of aesthetic sensitivity are not disadvantages for a racing driver.

Also huge congrats to @krunch for 2nd place and @Dan Medved for the final podium spot.

This was a very enjoyable season to listen to (during broken pedals period) and join in with - I hope you guys all had fun too. Really great racing, great battles and I have to say very nice banter in discord with zero salt/anger (not that we ever really have much of that) - makes for a great experience gents, awesome work.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Haha! Thanks @SteveDrivingSlowly.

Yes well done @Cooper for hanging on to that thing through all those races and coming out on top.

The McLaren was at the other end of the spectrum and it took me a while to figure out how to get it to wake up and turn corners. Very glad it's fast in a straight line!

@Dan Medved was unlucky in the very last race to get a penalty while starting from pole which saw him just fall short of the P2 spot. So well done mate on getting so close even with a few missed races!

Echoing Steve's sentiments I really enjoyed the racing and the banter from everyone who joined in :thumbsup:
    Daemoroth, Dan Medved and nanlatt like this.