What bike do you ride

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Molch, Mar 24, 2014.

1. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    current rides 2012-08-26 07.10.48.jpg
    AJ.Scott, Ad2mny and Blindman like this.
  2. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    phone pics 343shrunk.jpg oh and this is my daily
    Blindman likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nice dirt-y mate.
    StigsOzCousin likes this.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Clevohead's first ride circa 1990, fully sick BMX (check out that bell, reflector, and chequered pads!), and kids please note all the safety gear we had back in the day (the thongs) very important, safety first ;)

[​IMG]
    Ad2mny, AJ.Scott, JonoStan96 and 3 others like this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Please tell me it had the serrated edge pedals!! Specially designed to rip skin off shins if stuffed up a jump or skid!!!!
    Clevohead likes this.
  6. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    I had those pedals they use to cut your thongs in half lol
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Ahh, there was nothing like riding the good ol BMX in summer with thongs on, riding at speed and loving life - that is until your thongs slipped off the pedals stubbing your big toe on the road, ripping the skin clean off the front of your toe.

What a pleasure that was - very fond memories. NOT!

BTW, nice shorts Clevo, I think I had a pair just like them :eek:
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah mate the pressed stainless ones with the orange reflector inserts (most definitely couldn't ride bare footed :eek:) when I first got it I had been riding my neighbour's that had the rear brake that you pushed back on the pedals to activate for a skid, when Mum and Dad got it out of the shed Christmas morning I was all like "Dad I got this, I can ride Matt's" then proceeded to ride through the hedge head on into the back fence after realising (only too late) that this one didn't have the ol' pedal brakes lol

@DoogleDave most definitely done that too, that bike was responsible for a steady stream of band aids out of Mum's medicine cabinet, even rode it off a cattle ramp once after watching BMX Bandits and thinking I could so do this, I don't think I need to explain that it didn't end too well :oops:

I had that bike until I was 17, and even had it rebuilt and resprayed when I was bout 14-15 Dad had got it done as a surprise for me after it sat in the back of the shed collecting dust after "upgraded" to a Repco Mountain bike, but I can proudly say the BMX became ride of choice once again after it's refurb.

Like I said before lots of memories :)
    Ad2mny, Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    BMX has come along way since then my gt speed series race bike is lite as with its hydroformed aluminium frame it cost about $1600.00 .and you can also get carbon fibre frames as well for a couple of grand .
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Now that I don't understand. Please tell me you're training for a marathon with huge prize money? Proffessional riders/racers/etc ok it's a tool of their trade. But for the weekend warrior, or for a child that does not understand the value of a dollar yet, it is purely for the pose factor isn't it? The last 3 cars I've bought and my road bike didn't cost me any more than $1500. You pay that for a push bike?

My mate at work bought a $700 bmx and it had all the bells and whistles (lightweight rims and frame, full rotation handlebar brakes, high speed DSL connection, Eco friendly hair dryer) and all he did was ride it 10 mins to and from work. I said you could have got one from Kmart for $50 do everything you want. He said it was cause it turned heads for the crowd in the know. It sure did. He stopped at the servo over the road for smokes and 4 teenagers with their hats on backwards and their pants falling off bolted with it. He was still paying off his credit card for it!!
    Blindman likes this.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well add had my 2 youngest kids my boy was 6 and my daughter was 8 we joined a BMX club and they loved the racing and friends they had made I was a official . The bikes I bought were of the shelf items a great bikes but you could also modify at extra cost if you wanted .so like any sport you got to have the right equipment or there abouts and it has paid off with my daughter becoming #8 in Qld in her first season of racing and the next year becoming #5 in Qld for her age group .so last year I bought a bike 3 months out from the Qld state titles were I competed in the 45 to 49 year men's were I was lucky enough to make the finals and become Qld #8 and I'm sure I could not have done that on a huffy or repco BMX bike ! You get the right tools for the job !
    Peter Wise and Ad2mny like this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

Bought one of these about 8 months ago.......Awesome on the road, so nice to ride.

I figured after 22 years of riding on the old Giant it was time to upgrade, and TBH i couldnt believe the difference. Just wish i could get on the damn thing a little more often, bring on summer !
    Blindman and DoogleDave like this.
  13. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    Where's the motor lol="stucar17, post: 52552, member: 58"][​IMG]

Bought one of these about 8 months ago.......Awesome on the road, so nice to ride.

I figured after 22 years of riding on the old Giant it was time to upgrade, and TBH i couldnt believe the difference. Just wish i could get on the damn thing a little more often, bring on summer ![/QUOTE]
    Wheres
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    The motor sits on top Stig! ;)
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol, when its not being lazy !!!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I know the feeling.

"Do I go for a ride in the cold and wind or do I jump on GT6 for some more practice.....?"
    The latter usually wins out this time of year!
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.