Sim Controls What is a good wheel for PS 3 / 4. ?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Blindman, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The firmware updates are important. The driver updates are not, but you can't do one without the other generally.
    Clevohead likes this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    A big thanks for the writeup Cob. Certainly helped me make my decision.

T300 ordered!
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I just hope you guys are happy with it, if not I'm going to look like a right tool. But I stand by what I said, on GT6 I think it is on a totally different level to the G27 (except for those pedals).
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    found this over at GTplannet.
    I've been watching the wheelcheck/ffbclip thread on the AC forums recently, and did lots of wheelcheck testing on my own T300 and T500 yesterday. So if you want to know how powerful the (speed limited) motors are, I can give you an idea in terms of rotational capabilities.

Wheelcheck attempts to see how far a wheel rotates over 300ms from stationary with different levels of force %. This gives a maximum number of degrees rotated in 300ms, which can easily be converted over to rpm:
    • The T500 will reach a peak spin speed of around 133 rpm (GTE rim) = 800 degrees of rotation in 1 second
    • The T300 can hit around 100 rpm (PS rim) = 600 degrees of rotation in 1 second
    • The G25 can hit around 70 rpm = 420 degrees of rotation in 1 second
    • The DFGT can hit around 60 rpm = 360 degrees of rotation in 1 second
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    What have we or what should I pay for a T300
  6. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Our sponsors Pagnian Imports $499 delivered (what I did) vs $698 from jb hifi (cough rip off cough cough)
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Message @motho he will give you a fair quote.
  8. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I know its been a while but this gives a good reference between T500 and T300, 6 of 1, 1/2 a dozen of the other,
    T500 stronger, T300 smoother and more precise, but they're both good, I did think I would like the strongest wheel I could get, but took a punt and t300 is strong enough, for me anyway and the worse my left arm gets the strength of the wheel would largely be wasted. I've found over time the T300 indicates very well how much grip you have as the tyres go off, the T500 may do this as well, but I just think it's neat and has saved some off track excursions. I first thought the FFB may have been getting weaker as the wheel got hot, but if you pit and put new boots on the strength comes back with the grip of the tyres.
    http://www.thrustmaster.com/fr_FR/societe/thrustmaster-racing-wheel-finder
    Cheers
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yes, they have made a good comparison piece, I am still amazed how much stronger than the G27 it is on GT6, on 5 for the torque setting the T300 is stronger than the G27 was on 10!
  10. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    I just got the t500rs from pagnian nice upgrade from the g27 and I pluged it into the ps4 to try drive club worked straight away no issues so im happy with the choice
    Blindman likes this.
  11. StigsOzCousin

StigsOzCousin Rookie

PSN ID
    StigsOzCousin
    oh I did do the firmware updates on my laptop before I even plugged it into the ps3 recommened
    freddyp_33 likes this.
  12. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hey @CobMcCool - Have you heard anything from basherboards about the CPX adapter? I paid the $10 deposit last September and haven't heard a thing since.
  13. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Want to buy a T300 who,s Motho ?
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yep, I'm the same gaz, paid mine in august, apparently he's had some dramas and stuff but is now supposed to be back on track. He stated on his site that if you put your down payment in when we did they would be ready closer to the start of February which has sort of passed, so I'm not holding my breath, whatever is going on it's not putting clubsport pedals under my feet. But this is what you get when he is the sole manufacturer and supplier, the wait for this and Pcars has been long and frustrating.
    Cheers
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Cheers Cob
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey Gary, after some to ing and fro-ing I have found out my adapter should be sent in the next few days, and some guy who put his deposit down on sept 7 is in the same batch, albeit near the end of the allocation, I don't know where this places you in the queue but it shouldn't be far off, but I have heard that before.
    Cheers
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    anyone heard of any news of another manufacturer making an affordable PS4 compatible wheel. akin to the G27 or Fanatec Porsche wheels? ( under $300)
  18. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Cheers Cob. Just checked and I paid on Sep 27th, so I may be in the next batch.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Best bet is maybe getting a slightly used T300 or T500 on Ebay, the Wheel is designed for GT so it's perfectly suited.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Job done order confirmed and paid for this morning, now to get my pedals in