GT6 [WIP] - Super GT World Tour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, May 7, 2014.

1. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

interested
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've had a little bit of a run, just trying to find out how much difference there is between all the cars from different years and if they can run together. If it turns out there is only a small difference, might even have a handicap system whereby higher div guys get the slightly slower vehicles to try and even things out.

I'll have another crack over the weekend, hopefully a good few hours of testing and get a list up by next week. Need to practice for Monza too!!
    If you see me online, just jump in and grab a GT 500 or GT 300 car and run some laps. The more the merrier.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  3. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hi everyone,
    VARDZ is going to take over the running of this series so I can concentrate on the Senna F3. I'll still be driving but VARDZ will be the main contributor from now.

Should be a good series!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Ill be keen on this too :)
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Pencil me in for now, just depends on which night it will be
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Those who have expressed interest in the gt super series i would like some assistance in testing. Will be on from 7.30 ish so if you are available jump in a gt 300 or a gt 500, send me a friends request and help me out getting this series off he screen and on to the track.... Cheers
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Here are my thought on how the series could go.
    With the interest increasing it looks like there will be 2 series run side by side, one for GT 300 and one for GT 500. I know people would be interested in running both so I think that there could be a couple of different scenarios. firstly we could run them on separate nights or we could run them one after the other. Some other items that need to be worked out will it be a one make as in the sunday night league or do we open it up to all of the base models available. I know that tuning is a NO-NO but if we need to even up the cars in the field I would be happy to see a variety of cars on the grid hence opening up the tuning aspect just to even up the cars. Classic example of this is the difference between the GT300 RX7 and the Lexus at the red bull ring is about 2.5 / 3 secs. The other thing that I would like to see that would keep it true to the actual series in Japan is to have a rolling start. Now I know that it is not an option that is available but if we get our sensible heads on I am sure that it happen with the co-operation of all drivers.
    If you have any thought or ideas get involved I am new at this and will need a hand, so put them on here or send me a message.

Looking forward to this getting on track.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The other thing I fail to mention is a track list.... was thinking that it would be over 7 or 8 rounds. 3 or 4 in Japan (Fuji, Suzuka, Motegi and Tokyo) then the rest of the rounds are held in different countries or PD tracks. Tracks with a long main straight would be ideal for the rolling start.
  9. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    count me in vardz!!
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    you can set an individual limit on power for the cars to even them out without opening tuning. 7-8 rounds is pretty big. very few 'side' series run this long. But hey if everyone is up for it........
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Done a little bit more with the 300's today at Fuji...will do a little more tonight. Would like to know how you do that TB...when are you on next
  12. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    You should be able to catch me tonight after the FGT series race is done.
    VARDZ likes this.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Thanks Motho Sui & tb for the help
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Guys with the ball rolling on this series can I please get a re-confirmation of interest so I can get the entry list happening. At this stage I think we are going to need to run the 300's and 500's as separate rooms and on different nights, possibly mon - tues. If separate nights doesn't work i can possibly do it 1 after the other on the same night say an 8 pm start for the 300's followed by the 500's at 9.15-9.30. The list I have so far is @leeboy910 @motho @Mustafur @SuiCid3 @DoogleDave @t_b_williams @N64TheStig007 @MINT_GTR @zampli @vh_mik @gentlemen jim @Clevohead @Motorsports560 @F1R3W1ND. Rotor copper and peach only expressed interest a week or so ago so they should be good to go. Also give yur preference of which series or if you would like to run in both
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Still interested. GT300 please (I prefer the earlier timeframe during the week). :)
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just a thought I had Vardz. If you wanted to handicap the higher division drivers still, as far as GT500 is concerned, you could limit them to the older GT500 cars which are a bit slower than the newer ones. I.E. the R34 GTR's, older NSX's and I know some of the Supra's were definately slower than others. The yellow hat and Woodone Supras were the fastest in GT5. Unless that is if you were just wanting to run the base models, in which case forget all that.
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Oh and still interested at this stage.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Div1 guys can have that horrid Garaiya car lol
    VARDZ likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Still interested, I love the GT300 class, here's me and my baby, nothing can tear us apart lol <3
    image.jpg
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Still interested, thinking of dragging Toms Supra out for a run of its included.
    KoAStR likes this.