GT5 WORLD TRACK ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    What car are you going to drive Aussie ???
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: XANAVI nismo GT-R '08
  3. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08..... if its anything like the OEM speakers in my pulsar they'll get turned up too loud and start distorting itself to pieces LOL
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Cyber, meant to ask you when I was online earlier, could I change cars to the HSV. D/L'd it tonight and gave it a blat. It's less mad than the Mazda (and probably slower, but should be kinder on tyres), and not as understeery as the GTR's. Plus I'll probably never use it for anything else, c'mon I'll give you $1.75!?!?!?!?
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Lol, all good anon I've got it myself and it seems pretty good, it will be good to add another manufacturer to the lineup as well :)
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey cyber, really hoping to make tomorrow night, will be tight though.

Generally don't walk in the door at home till about 8 so will keep you posted.

Stu
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm home early tomorrow so 7 (Qld time) will work for me, but happy to push it back a bit. Might try and get on tomorrow arvo for a blat, see how my day pans out. Anyone done any laps yet? Got a time to shoot for?
  8. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    no worries stu i'll aim for a 8:15 qually if that helps :)
    @ anon, aussie is lapping at about 2:16's from memory but that may have been pre 2.08 update, i havn't had much time to practice myself but will open the room at about 7-7:15 tomorrow
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Just a warning guys... You thought the Camaro brake lights were hard to see, wait until you see (or not) the brake lights on the Nismo Z :lol:
  10. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    only getting 2:18.8s d'oh this stupid heap of crap clarion
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah Cyber that time of 2:16 was set on full pp/hp. my PB with the acr set 585pp is mid 2:18.5** (may be able to squeezes 3 or 4 tenth more out of the GT-R)

i will be on this arvo to turn some more prac laps.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm gonna be there Cyber!!! I just dunno what car i'll be driving tho. Will see how I go.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry for dicking you around by signing up guys, this series is sooo not for a driver of my lack of talent. I should have realised that when no one other than D1 & 2 signed up that I was out of my area of ability.

Please remove me from the list of entries Cyber.

Sorry for wasting everyones time and good luck to everyone else that is in the championship :)
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    C'mon rumbles, will be good for you. Use it as a hot lap race.

That said rumbles......that was tough !!! Hadn't eaten so after lap 3047 my head was starting to spin, and I kept on hallucinating the enforcer was parked in all sorts of strange spots on the track.

Had a good little battle with Chev, then a 1 corner battle with anon, but that was about it for me. Only one stopped, did it pretty comfortably, best was a 19:2, no wonder the leaders were Over a minute up the road!!

Well done to the podium, might get some prac for round 2.

Thanks cyber, was an enjoyable race. Will be interesting on the smaller tracks
    Stu
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks Cyber, I know you were worried about the big spread, but this is a big track with tough penalties and we're running heavy damage in a spread of cars.

I love Spa, and I really like the HSV to drive, you have to wring it's neck to get the best out of it. I liked less my poor start, bloody thing just bogged down, but everyone was well behaved through turn 1. Then E lost it through Eau Rouge, and I couldn't tell if he was ghosting or not due to the tyre smoke so not wanting to risk damage left the track to miss him and copped a penalty putting me second last.

3 corners later I'm biding my time behind Az and Dan (I think) who were side by side and having a great battle when E decides to dive bomb me and pushes me wide into another penalty zone. Thanks for waiting, but really, wtf champ!!!??? How was that ever going to end well???? Whatever, I got some awesome racing done with Cyber through about a dozens laps, but Aussie and Zamp's, you guys were just supreme. Well deserved victory.

I'm happy with a podium after such a tough start, just knuckled down and drove hard and sensibly. Where did you end up E?? Oh that's right doing donuts on the straight and parking in the middle of corners to tell everyone how crap you car is. Grow up champ!!
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Wow, you must have been hallucinating to have done 3047 laps :p

Maybe I will give it another crack next race and see how I feel, just gotta get my head around this heavy damage and still be able to drive without spearing in to a wall from trying to push too hard. That is essentially what ruined my race... Initially I seemed to be doing OK then bang... From there I cracked the :):):):)s and rage quit from my own stupidity...
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Great turn out last night guys, i was really pleased to see 12 on the grid. Hats off to Aussie for a dominant win and a strong drive from zampli and anon, i think if anon had a better start he could have challenged Aussie for the win but thats racing lol.
    It was great to see such a wide variety of cars on the grid but it was a shame that the pace wasn't as evenly matched between the cars as it could have been so on that point if anyone wants to change there car to one of the S9 cars (they seemed to be the most dominant) feel free to, just post your change, having said that it may have been a case of that track suited those cars but it could be a different story on some of the tighter tracks ???
    thanks again for the great turn out and hopefully we will have a full grid next round ( nurberg gp/f 14th november )
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thanks Cyber just stuck my head down, tried to keep it straight and out of trouble and O'yeah and drive the tits off it too.. :p

Will put up a race report over the next day or 2. maybe even couple pictures for every1's viewing pleasure. :D
  19. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    my race was a disaster right from the get go stupid nissan pos !! we'll just leave it there
  20. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Hey Cyber. I've just checked my calendar and wont be able to make at least the next 2 races. I'll be rippin it up at racecentre every wednesday until xmas. Then we go away for the holidays.
    Give my spot away mate, sure someone will snap it up. Sorry to do this but its kinda unavoidable. Great chance for one of the new boys to get in on the enduro scene, especially seeing as there's only been 1 race so far.
    Good luck guys.