YourExperience with Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    the first time I ever played GT was when my dad got a play station magazine and it come with a demo for The first GT, it was a 2 lap race around clubman stage 5 with a handful of cars, my favourite was the Civic SIR as it was FWD and I didn't really have the skill set to drive anything else without spinning( I was only 5) since then I have had all the GTs at launch except GT3 and concept as I didn't get a PS3 until 2003.

Oh and I haven't bought a single prologue, I thought it was a demo lol.

Out of all the GTs I would say GT2 had me the most addicted followed by 4, it wasn't until I started playing online on 5 when I realised I was slow as hell and since them have worked hard to improve to where I am now.
    Ad2mny and S_CLOSE like this.
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    actually from memory thats How I got into GT as well.

I used to get playstation magazine every month religiously and Hyper magazine as well, not really needed these days with the net and all.

GT1 still holds the most value for me but GT5 was the most addictive due to the league races..I should really get GT6..if only they had it on the PS4.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Same here with the demo. Was addicted to F1 '97 at the time and then when I saw the replay graphics I was blown away. The actual racing graphics from bumper cam (which was what I preferred, having played F1 '97 from cockpit view) were so-so as you could only really see the front and back of the other cars but I watched every single replay. GT2 came along and it was more of the same I felt, then GT3 seemed to lose a little of the silky graphics for better frame rate. GT4 was my favourite though I must say, as a stand alone game with no online. Heaps of wheels, lots of cars that could be RM'd, and just a great general feel to the whole game. GT5 blew it away graphics wise but overall gameplay was a little "same old-same old", but the online element well and truly made up for that!! GT6 is shaping up to be an impressive addition to the collection, but I am still left wondering why it was not released on the PS4, and am hoping it's not another near half a decade before it is.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I got into GT with the original GT1. My friend at the time originally got the PS1 and GT and we were in awe.
    My friend wasn't interested at all in grinding away to earn money, he just wanted to buy the expensive cars and mod them, so I used to spend almost entire weekends playing GT1 just doing all the licenses for him and then racking up the $'s so he could go spend it.

I can still fondly remember one Saturday afternoon/evening where he had to go to a wedding reception (he didn't really want to go to), so I came over just after lunch on the Saturday and played GT until about 6am the following morning (virtually non-stop, except for a few rest stops ad dinner/snacks along the way).
    They arrived home around 1.30am and his wife went to bed whilst we stayed up until about 6am making some more money before buying a heap of cars and then modding them and taking them onto various tracks.
    I can still remember waking up Sunday afternoon and noticing my thumbs were sore and upon closer inspection my right thumb had quite a nice blister that had formed from all the DS3 action.

That was many years ago now and I sort of lost touch with gaming on the consoles until early last year when I was at a catalogue launch of a supplier at work and they had a racing simulator set up for everyone to have some fun with (and the fastest lap time of the day would win a brand new PS3). I, of course, had to have a go at it and ended up walking away a proud PS3 owner (after several guys had many attempts at trying to beat my time so they could take the PS3 prize home), but it was not to be for them.

For a while I ran a custom FW on the PS3 and downloaded a copy of GT5 and NFS Shift and played them for a while but the PS3 stopped working and I tried formatting the HDD etc but to no avail, so it went in the cupboard for a while until recently when I tried putting another HDD in the unit and voila, a working PS3. This was around the same time that GT6 was released and I had a look at the game online and thought it was time to buy it and the rest, is history.

I'm looking forward to trying to improve my driving and it is so much better driving against other people instead of the weak AI drivers in-game.

Dave