Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ahh yeah youre right. not worth the grind, theyre probably running some super set up and breaking every rule they can get away with to get down that far.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im hoping to be around tonight to start practising. im probably just gonna run some time trial to work out my lines and brake points etc, then run a full race run to sort out tyres etc. if im on and i see anyone ill get messages out to see if people are keen to do a race run tonight.
    Knuckles likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Ill just wing it on strategy. Id sort something out and probably have to change anyways.
  4. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    @Crunch you are allowed your opinion my friend don't stop just because someone has to lower themselves to personal attacks I may not agree with what you say but if it's not offensive or personal attack on someone. you never know what you say may effect someone who just reads the posts to pick up on ideas or other ways of doing things don't allow the voice of aggression silence you. I like reading racers opinions on a variety of ideas. You never know the silent one may or may not agree with what your saying.
    Crunch likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Dont worry, Crunch isnt afraid to speak his mind, its all just a matter of opinion, no one hates anyone for what they think.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So is there going to be a sub 30 in qualifying this round?
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im low 30s now, so possibly
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just use TC and do the full series, you aren't going to get anything any better anywhere else
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    A 29 would be seriously impressive in perfect time trial conditions let alone in online qualifying...
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Doing 24s but im cutting corners. Haha
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Doing 1:03's consistantly, best two tips i can give to get that time is to use the slow in, fast out technique, alot of traction zones means having the car ready to fire out of corners is essential. My second tip is to not bother with Sector 1 and just start at Sector 2. Mad time gains.
    Zachery and Knuckles like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    1:03s eh? cmon Beau, even you arent that fast!
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I think you read my post too fast :p Missing 1/3 of the track will do that!
    1:31 flat's here :'(
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i thought you meant that theres not much to gain in sector 1, so dont stress until sector 2..... but now ive realised im just a bit slow. :(
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    on and off track *shots fired*
    Zachery likes this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    That hurts mate.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it hurts me more than it hurts you
    Zachery likes this.
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Heres a 1:30.322 I did tonight (time trial mode obviously) for those looking for lines and tips etc. I missed a couple of apexes but still managed to be quick

JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Drivers briefing for Round 2:

Yeah I didn't do one of these for last week but there's some things that need addressing. Now that I'm back from my wonderful mini holiday I've had time to review some of the footage that was sent to me.

There wont be any penalty points handed out for Round 1, but some drivers should consider themselves very lucky indeed.

Sakhir is nowhere near as exploitable as Melbourne for corner cutting as the kerbs are much more brutal and only a small portion at the top of the track bears any resemblance to Albert Park, so any instances of exploiting track limits will be very clear. Remember Official ROOZ rules will apply from here on out so all 4 wheels inside or outside the white lines are forbidden.

Please remember to set up your overtakes and not go for the kill straight away, these aren't Touring Cars. Ideal places to pass are Turns 1, 4, 7, and the final corner.

The double apex left hander is notoriously difficult, take extra care here when in traffic.

To spice things up a little, qualifying will be run at Midday, while the race will be run during the night. We have some new drivers joining this week so hopefully the numbers will be higher than last week. I encourage you to confirm your attendance during the week so I get an idea of numbers, 22 would be nice! Both Toro Rossos and Saubers are on notice, if neither of them show up I will offer those seats to reserves. There are also seats available in Force India and Manor.

See you all on Thursday!
    Zachery, The_Spectre and Hatfield like this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Zachery likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.