Season 8 - Better Late Than.... - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Doing nothing and sticking to status quo is not an alternative solution.

OK thanks now we have something to consider. Will discuss with mods.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

well i mean anything that lets me use round1 as a drop round i consider fairest, but i have to take what i get in the end.
    personally, this whole thing seems trivial to me given i legitimately cant make round1 but whatever you guys decide. really, any advantage someone would get is going to be minimal imo and its not like this was my intention.
    having only 5 races count instead of 6 can make a decent difference in the end but im here for racing ultimately.
    Mael and skywalker like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fair call zamps. We considered alot of options but many got a bit complicated and also want to keep it simple.
    CAGME's idea makes #9 and much along the lines of logic for #5-7 below, so happy to give it another look.
    As you can see it has not been an arbitrary decision and although we'd like to consider everyone's input it's not always practical nor constructive to solve in a timely matter through public forum discussion, so we made a call...

Giving up drop rounds altogether was another top consideration, as at the end of the day legitimate reasons or not, guys who attend every round shouldn't be at a disadvantage to guys who don't. But that doesn't help you and we want to maintain that consistency with the rest of the league.

Put yourself in the other position, say a late comer legitimately misses round one but ends up trumping you for the championship on the drop round, even though you raced every round and actually grossed more points carrying a higher average ballast penalty....
  4. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

Hi,
    I'm getting minorating reject on Server02. States that I am B and need to be W. Is that server meant to be working or is it just a test?
    thanks
  5. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

whoooops sry was testing the auth system on the server.... and forgot to put it back, thanks for the heads up
    will fix now
  6. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

O.K. I should probably post some details on the new servers :whistling:
    atm All will be named 'RaceOnOZ.com Server0X - XXXX'
    Each week I'll put up 2x the current league combo, full race and a short race. And a bunch of others... feel free to make requests.

All Running stracker and Minorating.

stracker not only keeps a leader board of server times, it will allow for setup exchange, incl storage on server). Setups can be placed into 'team' sections (for keeping that R&D safe:p). YOU WILL NEED ptracker to access these.
    (if you haven't been on the server yet you wont be placed in a team/group yet, can do so as soon as you run a lap)
    stracker/ptracker - http://n-e-y-s.de/main (only download and install ptracker... yes its an exe, never been an issue for me)
    stracker HTML page can be seen @ http://52.62.235.22:50041/mainpage

Minorating is active an all servers, I'll keep at least 1 open to ABCDN an 1 only AB, others dependent on my mood :rolleyes:.
    There is the possibility that I will be able to allow ROOZ members access, no matter their grade.... coming...err.... soon(TM)
    Minorating - http://www.minorating.com/ (no app needed, runs on server)

atm I'm unsure whether Minorating should be active during the league races, doesn't bother me but I'm far from normal so would like to hear from others... @Anon666

cheers
    loris P. and KoAStR like this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah leave it on QC. I got downgraded the other night after one of the randoms spun in front of me and parked in the middle of the track, then a lap later brake checked me second to last corner. Need some racing with you boys to bring me back up a level or 2.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No open setups, but I will start the convo's today so the teams can share setups.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, tyre warmers are confirmed for all rounds. Will sort that over the weekend.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, FL and MC points go to the people who get the best time/consistency over the 2 races, no need to do an average - might have worded that poorly. As for ballast, I like the 2 week carry over but I don't mind as long as it's the same for everyone. The thing I would say is that with the lighter ballast penalties we are running, it shouldn't hurt the guys aiming for FL and everyone has a shot at MC.

Yeah, will sort the teams tonight.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Rolz you are welcome to join man. The server should be sound up to 30 drivers we think. Some guys may need to turn down a few things to ensure frame rate, but the server should handle it.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sure, just cut and pasted it from somewhere else. I assume you and K have the speadsheets spotless, but I'll change it now.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    If things to grow and we start having probs with the server we can split into 2 rooms pretty easy now thanks to the QC server setup, and discord allows for multiple rooms.
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    This was a rule brought in when the ballast penalties were much higher and missing the first round could give you a big opportunity to do well in the second round. This is less of an issue with the lower penalties and I think we can allow long standing members the chance to ask for dispensation if they enter the season early and give enough notice that they won't be attending. Plus over a 7 round series deliberately missing a round is madness given your bound to have one bad race in there, unless you are an alien I guess. Anyway, I'll check out the back and let you know.
    zampli likes this.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, OK, jeez this got messy quick. I have put something up in response to @zampli 's post. Leave it with me CAGME and I'll sort it out.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    My only problem with big ballast and 1 room is the chance it may slow guys down a bit too much and we may get guys in different divisions getting in each others way. Plus it really means a win puts FL completely out of reach. I'm tempted to leave it as for now but if you guys have some time to do some testing with 50kg and 30kg to see what the effect on lap times are I'll all ears, but we are getting close to kick off - I know that is my fault, but I do have a life and it's been kicking my a$$ over the last few weeks.
  17. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Anon666 likes this.
  18. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I think you may have misunderstood what I meant, eg
    1st - 30kg, 2nd -20kg, 3rd -10kg, 4th-5kg, 5th-3kg. Not a larger ballast amount, just trickled down the field a bit further
    Anon666 likes this.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, OK sorry, was trying to process a metric sh1t-tonne of stuff at once earlier. Yeah that's fine as long a K is happy to integrate it.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.