IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Alright mate ill add you
  2. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Ok mate, i added you, you should have a flashing green light in the bottom right hand corner click that and youll be able to accept it
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Couldn't miss that green flashing light! That things on drugs or what! Lol
    I've got my rookie licence to get over first then I'm keen for some 'get spidey up to speed' tips and practice sessions :). How do you do voice chat? In game or something else?
  4. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    i use in game chat but i talk to my team mates in teamspeak
  5. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Hello boys - I need some help.

I just started iracing and want to see how I can improve my experience to get more enjoyment out of this sim. Some of these things may seem small to you but could help me out in a big way.

1) Force feedback - I have a Thurstmaster T300RS with standard pedals and no separate shifter. What are YOUR force feedback settings for the A) the thrust master profiler control panel on the computer and B) On the game. A picture would be best as I won't mix up any values or input the data into the wrong field. Plus am I missing something or does this game have less force feedback options than Project Cars??

2) Button config - Wheel and keyboard. What have you got mapped to your wheel and why? This could help me out as it would make things a lot easier for me to have easy access to the important things mapped to my wheel and Maybe I've missed the importance of a task that could help my driving.

3) Viewing angle - I'm sitting in my rig (Pagnian GT Ultimate) and my screen is a 40 inch TV on a tv cabinet at the base of the stand. This is what I have and it's not going to change due to money/ other games. Are we 100% locked into the cockpit camera on iracing? What is your field of view set at? Do you have the wheel / hands visible?

4) Practice - Qualy - Race sessions. I thought there was a link between them i.e. if I joined the practice session it would turn into the quarry session and that would in turn put me straight into the race. Are each of the sessions (practice, Qualy, race) all independent of each other and if I want to join the race all I select is the race?

5) Finishing a race. I finished my first race and being scared of leaving too early and "quitting" the race session I stayed till the after race counter got to zero as some people hadn't completed their 15 lap race distance. After the race is done can I simply click the quit button and my race results stay accurate and don't show me as not finished or forfeiting?

6) Chat. How do you chat with friends in the similar way to a PS4 party chat? What program? I also don't have a mic/headset yet (It's hooked up to the PS4 and I can't be bothered swapping them all the time) so does anyone use a sub $150 or even sub $100 headset mic combo they're happy to recommend?

7) Painting you car. I did a very basic paint scheme on my Mazda mx5 using their preset shapes on the car but overtime I go to the track my car is white. Why is this? What didn't I do correctly? I saved it as needed. Next one is car graphics. Anyone got a nice youtube vid they can link in to show me how you guys do your awesome looking cars skins?

8) I-Rating. I've already watched two 30 minutes by the InsideSimRacing boys about their rookie guide of going from rookie class to D class so I've pretty good with this so far.

9) Keyboard and mouse. Same as the headset mic combo. Anyone using something they would recommend. I'd also then us it for my PS4 racing on Pcars and AC when that comes out.

That's pretty much it for now. If I need help with other questions I'll post them up here.
    Thanks for reading and taking the time to help me out if you respond :)
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

ok will try to help you as much as possible.
    1. you don't need the profiler running in the background for the T300 just set it up once and the wheel will just remember. here is screen shots of how i set it up, make sure too do the wheel calibration to start with. and leave wheel rotation setting to what the game will set it as.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i have mapped to my wheel,
    pit-lane limiter,
    a return to pit button
    a look left and right buttons
    a push to talk button
    and a black box next and prev page button so i can flick between the black box options.
    and also have BB, anti roll bar front and back for the V8 but you wont need that while doing Rookie series.

3. yes your view is locked to in-car, but you can change your field of view... there is a way to set it up but if i was you i would set it between 60 and 70 deg depending on what you find comfortable with. I have the wheel and hands visible due to some cars have info on them.

4. when doing official race qually is now part of every race lobby. when you select your session go to the blue arrow below then select a session where the red arrow is. these session start accepting entries 20mins before the set time shown.
    when you select these session you can either wait it out or go join practice which will place you into one of the official practice sessions when the race lobby opens it will then prompt you in your game that your session is starting, you click race in game and it will load you into race session, where you will do qually for 8mins then further onto the race.
    [​IMG]

5. when finishing the race as soon as you cross the line after the finish flag has been shown you can stop return to garage and leave lobby and your result will stick. or you can jump back to garage and abuse anyone who pissed you off during the race... such as stuff like this where someone brakes when there is no need too.

6. for chat iRacing has its own in-game chat which you wil have to set up in your in-game settings, as seen in picture.
    you will need to set up a push to talk button so you can speak and abuse other drivers....
    otherwise like last night with us few doing the V8 Series we run a Program in the back ground called Discord which we can send a link to you when your ready for. and while running this program you can still use the in-game chat push to talk function. [​IMG]

7. if you signed up for a race before saving your livery choice you are stuck with that design you had before you started customizing. otherwise go back in and make sure it is still saved to the car you picked to race. as for custom designs you will need to download Trading Paints.. which is another app which runs in the background looks for cars on track in iRacing and places the designs on those cars on track. as for doing Custom Designs i would have a chat to @Giant slayer as he understands better then i do and has a heap on youtube tutes on how to do them yourself.

8. iRating you will get when you get your D Class License its just iRacings way of put you against people of your own speed.
    9. finally keyboard and mouse combo can be anything that plugs into your PC. you can use the keyboard to abuse drivers half way through the race via text chat or use it to any of the in-game functions you wish.
    The_Spectre, Hatfield and Spidey_11 like this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Cheers fastboy :) Thanks for helping me out with it and providing the pics
  8. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Good man! I'm pretty much racing full time on iracing now, I'm just gonna turn up to the races on Sunday's without practice now haha
    The_Spectre likes this.
  9. Benjamin J Smith

ok guys next Friday the 12th of August we will have another 4 hour enduro on iRacing in the V8 Supercar.
    this time WTF MAN and Myself have managed to Recruit two more drivers which mean we will be running a 2nd car, 1 Holden and 1 Ford.
    So in the red/ orange corner we have @X-WTF_MAN-X teaming up with @Konnor McCluskey aka sickskillz.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then that leaves the blue/ green corner with Myself and @Pringles_947 aka Tyler Blackburn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also not to forget with also have fellow roozers in @Giant slayer and @thebigRAGOO_14 in the 736 TDR Commodore
    [​IMG]
    the Live Broadcast with Commentary will be found at this link and will start at 6:55pm with 30 mins of Qualifying before 150 laps of the Donnington GP Circuit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcz_Na2BWwtp9pHd5cYDGA
    if you wish to recap the last race here is a replay of the Spa round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SPL Racing, Spidey_11 and Hatfield like this.
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Looks good boys.
    Out of interest - what are your system specs? Mainly just after CPU, GPU, RAM and how well your system runs it.
    Cheers
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Graphics Card GeForce GTX 970, NVIDIA compatible 4GB
    16GB Ram
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Holy crap, note to self - never try oval with the trucks again! Street stock is ok but the racing with the Nascar trucks is the worst thing. No one keeps from banging into you or talking :):):):) on the chat.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

I think you entered the fun series.. no SR or iRating in that one. Its an unofficial series or better know as a punt to win
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Na it was an official race so I could get my rookie licence up to D. I started from the back to stay out of the trouble but :):):):) happened up ahead, managed to dodge it but when people come thru the field they got a bit pushy. Mind you it was only 2-3 cars from a field of 22 I noticed.
    I'm going back to street stock till I get my D licence :)
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  15. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Rookie truck races aren't offical races there just fun races I don't believe you can do official trucks until c licence
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    If you think iracing won't run on your pc checkout my crappy pc specs and with most things on high, with max 24 cars i'm hitting solid 60-70 fps in oval races, 100 odd fps in practice and qualy.
    2010 Dell desktop with an old i3 process (Dell inspiron 580)
    2010 ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB.
    somehow system only shows 6GB RAM.
    seth123 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Ok Guys looking to kick off a serious Raceonoz iRacing V8 Supercar team with 3-4 cars for endurance races post here if you are interested in running and we can start organising teams.
    [​IMG]
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Curious if you guys ever venture away from V8's too? I know when i get iRacing i'll be looking toward the IMSA and GT3 series out there, would be cool to get some ROOZ teams doing those too! Long way to go though aha
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Yeah, but for some of those races need 3 plus drivers per car, i will need to drive those cars a fair bit, as im basically in V8 mode at the moment
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I would be keen in the future once I get my licence up. Probably not so for the enduro stuff but normal rounds for sure
    Beau_Albert likes this.