Season 9: Race On...RaceOnOz!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 16, 2016.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. BassProstimo

BassProstimo New Recruit

i am IwouldSmash
    KoAStR likes this.
  3. Bruce "Flattop" Rook

Bruce "Flattop" Rook New Recruit

Happy with my first race with Raceonoz, some names familiar, had some good early laps,
    I managed to avoid early spins/bingles and found my self 11th and put some consistent laps in with ?? on my bumper for many laps until the first lapse in concentration running off and catching some grass, requiring gentle re-enter and the as expected overtaken.
    My 2 main mistakes were poorly planned pit strategy and taking too many of the sharp edges off my gearbox, find no transmission with about 4 laps to go...
    Thanks for for putting this on, a great series, really looking forward to the next round.

PS Wasn't start time for qual scheduled at 9:00PM? My wife was happy I blew up the gearbox, she was hovering :whistling:

PPS sorry for all the "alter egos": Bruce, Flattop, Lemmy Caution (and somewhere Kubic455!) o_O
    Anon666 and krunch like this.
  4. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Well I was happily surprised to qualify 2nd, got the jump on Cyber into turn 1 and started to put in some good laps when my game crashed. :mad:
    Came back in a lap down but had good fun trying to unlap myself. Good to have some new racers on the grid, always better with more. Congrats to Cyber for the win, looking forward to next race.
    Anon666 and krunch like this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

:):):):) start to the season for me... need to put down some serious hours down with the rift.
    I so wanted to rage quit, but held fast and just got more time in with it... I know my weaknesses and I suck at Magione... if we're going to be on short tracks like this all season then I'll get used to finishing last - I can freely admit I really suck at the technical tracks.
    krunch likes this.
  6. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Some more great racing last night guys! Qualified 7th and made a few passes in the first couple of laps and found myself in 4th. Unfortunately Carlos had a game crash which put me up to 3rd and was right behind the first 2 cars. Krunch was breathing down my neck until he had an incident with loris. I pitted and changed tyres which I found out later added an extra 10 seconds which put cyber way ahead.
    Congrats to cyber and terry with 1st and 2nd and I'm wrapped to get my first podium after 3 seasons racing with the Rooz crew.
    I think these cars make for some very close racing and are a heap of fun. At one stage krunch, terry and I were 3 wide down the front straight and we somehow all survived t1.
    Look forward to next week.
  7. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Oops I should prob pay more atttention the forums. Thought first round was next week :oops:
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I enjoyed the racing last night after a loooong gap between seasons :) (perfect timing actually as I had time to recover from a shoulder operation AND get used to a VR headset). Well done Cyber on the win and bad luck c4rLo5! I was happy to qual 3rd with basically no prac on that track till last night (thanks Koaster for the setup). Some great battles early on and - as spita84 said - three wide into T1 was pretty exciting! On lap 12 I was unfortunately tapped into a spin and from there it was pretty much a lonely race to finish 5th (possibly 4th). Still very useful track time with a box strapped to my face.

I'm getting more and more used to the Rift now that I've had it for a week. Time will tell if it's a better way to race than 3 screens but so far it's a really cool experience. I've now started using SimVibe with 2 shakers on my seat and 2 on my pedal plate. Recommended especially in VR as it gives an extra sense of movement and track connection.

To my fellow 'nifty Rifties' - I have some tips to get audio better sorted so you can have Discord/Skype etc through both the Rift AND other headsets\speakers at the same time. Also means Rift apps play through speakers too. I'll create a new thread about that and we can all share tips.
    KoAStR, Anon666, c4rLo5 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah mate, next week will be more on the money. Q to start at 9pm AEDT and run into the race. We do cut people some slack on the first round, mainly me last night due to update-itis. Tell your wife she won't need to be breaking your gearbox next week to get you off the PC?!?! And don't worry about the numerous aliases, I get called Annon as well as Anon, talk about confusing!!
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wait... Annon was you too? talk about embarrassing...
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Just looking at some results, who it Terry Raynon?
  12. Bruce "Flattop" Rook

Bruce "Flattop" Rook New Recruit

anon_666 (got it now, "sometimes the devil")... thanks for the explanation, just thought I would check, now I can tell the chief all will be okay from now on :)
    I do appreciate it is difficult, it is good to look after fellow racers...
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    He did a couple of races with us last season. . Was somebody's mate but I don't think he ever registered on the forums.
    Anon666 likes this.
  14. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah Terry is @tezpez85
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

Was a good return for the first race.

My pace was about 1 sec of the top three and .5 sec faster than the rest per lap. This meant I was running around on my own most of the time with a couple of mistakes thrown every few laps. No point on skipping on some free tires which meant Tovey came out in front of me after the pit stops but I soon gave him a couple of taps of affection to let the esteemed team leader know that team orders are in place :D
    spita84 likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sweet thanks
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    A surprise result for me last night with pole and a win :) with no practice at all and only turning a few laps on the weekend since last season i felt my pace was going to be average and inconsistent but this combo seemed to click giving an awesome result :) Bad luck to carlos with AC crashing i'm sure we would have had a fantastic battle !
    With little practice my plan was to take it easy at the start and keep the car pointing forward as mistakes in these low HP cars can be very hard to recover from, but getting swamped off the line and dropping back to P3 wasn't the plan lol, great starts by carlos and terry made sure of that. after carlos left the track i settled in behind terry who had very good pace early on but got a bit of a tank slapper out of the final turn allowing me to get passed :) from then on it was just keep it smooth and try not to bin it ! totally messed up the pit stop, forgot to take tyres then grabbed reverse when exiting the pit box lol. Got a few laps in after the pit stop and realized i had forgot to change my boots so just tried to be as smooth as possible without sacrificing too much pace, the tyres held up quite well and even at 97% they were very predictable with no overheating issues. Great racing again lads looking forward to next week for some more wheel to wheel action.
    krunch, c4rLo5 and KoAStR like this.
  18. Pete

Pete Rookie

Where is the next race?
    loris P. and Rolz like this.
  19. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

c4rLo5 likes this.
  20. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

MUGELLO!!!! :D
    Sever01+02 have the race conditions set (sprint+full length)
    have dropped fuel burn down to 200% from last race (pit window lap 8-12),
    Mugello seems harder on tyres so I'm thinking of reducing tyre wear to ~125% (server currently @150%)
    but ofc all settings TBC by @Anon666
    cheers
    Pete, loris P., KoAStR and 1 other person like this.