Season 9: Race On...RaceOnOz!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 16, 2016.

1. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

is 1m 12sec far off the pace?
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Dave, welcome back. Should be fine to slot back in. We are using discord now, but just get into the room and we'll let you know what to do.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I've seen low 1.07's for Div1 drivers, others hovering round 8's and 9's depending g on their ballast.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    i'm about the low 10's
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol looks like you saw to that!
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  7. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Really should have been fighting for a round win but a few costly mistakes killed it for me.
    Congrats to Koastr and Rotor, you guys always drive mistake free! It's frustrating haha. Also to Anon for the lap record.

It's so much fun trying to come from the rear but some of you guys need to realise if a Div1 driver is catching you really quickly and then you spend a few laps blocking them, it's hurting your race as much as theirs, as they will get passed eventually and in the mean time the guys you should be battling with are pulling away.................... Some of my PRT team mates could also have made it easier for the both of us. Thanks to the guys who let me through nice and easy though.

First race tried to stay outside Anon on cold tyres didn't work. Ended up having a few bumps and damage relegated somewhat to the rear of the field... Battled with slower drivers, was really fun.

Second race got an epic start but then hit from behind and damaged my rear then there were a few of us fighting and i made contact with Tovey. I slowed down for him but that put me back into last place. Was a real struggle from there onwards. Still had a blast with some great battles, but lost a good 2-3 laps behind the bloke who came last, who ever you are pull your head in. I even saw you have a go at running me off the track on the first corner.

Looking forward to next week.
    Spidey_11 and KoAStR like this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fun racing. Particularly watching the battle between Ben and Anon.
    Super pace all round especially Ben and Terry in Div2 you dirty sandbaggers! :p:x3:

Race 1 some early battles with Anon, but got through after some mistakes and not much else after that. Got my hopes up for another good result in R2.

Race 2 the one lap shoot out quali really punished me with ballast seems to take more laps to get the tyres grip up. But got a good start and snuck in some positions as others ran wide on cold tyres. Just when I thought I might hold onto the leaders someone had a big moment in front of me on T1 exit, where Ben was barrelling up and threaded the needle through the both of us. From there battled with Anon on occasion until 2nd to last lap had a run on for a move up the inside and we came together then danced off for a quick hand holding in the sand watching pringles go by. Sorry mate, you left the door wide open I had to have a go and couldn't back out by the time you turned in.

Man the results were a stuff around too much close consistent racing :rolleyes: leading to lots of tie-breakers interrogating overall fastest lap between pairs :geek:....... have a check for errors please guys. Thanks.

Round Results:
    [​IMG]
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Championship reports:
    Div 1 - not much of a change
    Div 2 - krunch manages to hold onto a narrow lead with the points tightening right up all the way thru the top 6, after big results for Ben and Terry.
    Teams - TTB relinquish the lead to TGM after more DNSs this week see us not put 5 driver scores on the board (we should never have let Ben go! :rolleyes: *shakes fist at god* But it's tight especially with HTO making a bit of a recovery.

[​IMG]
    Spidey_11, krunch and Peter Wise like this.
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Weeeeeeee!

that was fun again!

Again, no practice besides getting to know the track in 10mins before the qualifying I think I did alright...

Once again stock setup, however put it 8th on the grid in the first race that was ok, got to a bad start but by turn 2 I got into 6th... then sitting behind terry/meal something happened and gave me a run on both of them - the next lap going into T2 I went too wide and Terry tapped my inside and I lost momentum dropped back into a spot... Few laps later he undid himself by running wide... Pretty lonely for a bit however with Shaun close behind I made a few mistakes and had to defend for my life!!!! lol I just sat the car in the rights spots but then tried to get away! lol that was awesome close racing, but managed to finish 3rd! :)

The next race started 4th, but got into 3rd in the first few corners.. sitting behind Anon and he did a classic Anon move by running wide on the grass (because he likes grass ;) on the last corner I was able to get into 2nd... By that time Terry had a 2 second gap - trying to pull in time is hard with these non aero cars!! I knew all I had to do was to keep consistency and I knew I could get close enough to force a mistake!! By lap 13 that happened! Again from here I just had to defend for my life just placing the car in the right spots, I made a few small mistakes which I couldn't shake him until I found a groove I managed to pull a small gap to take the win! ^_^
    krunch and skywalker like this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Maybe next season (or even next week if can get A in G) we can do skin variants by division for each team to make it easier to tell who you should contest and yield.
    Peter Wise and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I'm new therefore don't know who's in what Div. if I'm clearly out of pace I'll let someone faster go past and try and hang on to them so they drag me up, last night if it was a reasonable battle I was keen to stick in there and have a race :).
    We could use something from iracing, that is putting a specific colour or band on the front and rear bumpers.
  13. Ben787

Ben787 Rookie

Thanks for the races and good turnout. Rols is good mate of mine so was hoping to be on same team as him but all good. Glad to have anon as the oracle mentor captain extroadinaire. Had some good racing together but still stayed on track - a near miss is still clean. Tempting to try and put in qualifying laps during the race to catch people but always come undone trying to do that. Went rally driving in front of anon a couple times on t1 but managed to hold. I saw I backed the pack up a couple times so was fortunate to get away with that cleanly.

The corner before the main straight and T1 were my Ackilles heels. If I got t1 right I could make up a bunch of time. Anon would zero in on me on the corner before the straight every time. Koastr would have to be the most consistent racer I have seen. Never misses a line.

Good times and I did practice which gave me at least a second by picking good lines and where to power on early - main drag.

Does anyone have replays? Always good to review your racing.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Ben787 lol nice report. Oh yea I forgot about that... Rolz has been MIA anyway and maybe we can get you guys back together next season. TTB is struggling for a full turn out now :rolleyes:

Yep I have replays can zip and upload for you tonight.

WD @R0T0R-AU86 great to see you enjoying the ride.

@Spidey_11 doing variants of each car now basically inverting the color schemes and will put L plates front and back for Div 2 drivers :p
    spita84 and Spidey_11 like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    "L" plates, seriously.......
  17. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    I know mate... because a div 1 driver couldn't get around a div 2 driver instantly when they caught up to them!
    Maybe we should split the divs and put them in different servers. I know it wouldn't be as fun because there would be less people to race against but it would save all the hoo haa.
    As a div 2 driver it's pretty frustrating spending laps making up time only to lose it because I have to run wide to let a car past. If you've ended up behind a div 2 driver there's probably a reason for it. You've made a mistake, spun, run onto the grass whatever it is your race has been compromised anyway.
    Food for thought.
    Pete, Spidey_11 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  18. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Maybe P instead?
    With VR u don't get names so a visual helps, but then so does helicorsa :)
    Hope div's race together. my 2c
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    The cars have different colours, that's enough imo.
    I'm with spita on this, if a div 1 driver is behind a div 2 driver either they made a mistake or are slower than them. pretty sure all the div 1 drivers aren't qualifying in front if div 2. if you are a div 2 driver and you qualify ahead of a div 1 are you instantly meant to let them pass and potentially hold you up? should be a free for all imo, if you're in div 1 and you get stuck behind someone in div 2 then deal with it. I'm here to race not let give away free passes.
    Pete, Pringles_947, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    My 2 cents, take it or leave it :)
    I really like the change of liveries for the Divs but the L plate isn't so flattering, perhaps a P or giant 2 if something is still needed there.
    I always like driving in a bigger field so I'm happy to keep it as one room depending on numbers for the night.
    If you're div1, behind me and caught me at a blazing speed I'm going to let you go around me while I keep my normal line but lift or coast in a certain part of the track. I'm not opening the door by going way offline and ruining my tyres / race. But if it's even I'm going to drive my normal pace and line and it's on you to cleaning overtake me when and where you can.
    Last lap in race two I had ED40t behind me but I raced, defended my position where appropriate and didn't let him past. It wouldn't have made a difference to points as we are in different Divs but I felt OK defending that position.

As I'm new let me know what you think of my approach, am I wrong and need to amend my views?