Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Issue was noted last night, will try sort something out soon and hopefully be up by the morning if Stu approves.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Okay, did some race settings testing with @stucar17 last night, here's what we have come up with:

TYRES

Cars will always be defaulted to Rain (Full wet) tyres when the lobby is set to no tune, therefore start tyres will always be Rain (Full wet).
    Drivers can then choose to take whatever tyre they would like in their compulsory stop, with the 3 main choices being
    • Rain (Full Wet)
    • Intermediates
    • No Tyres
    We have tested Wets vs Inters and found that while both tyres are very close on pace the Rain tyres(Full Wets) overheat quicker and require a bit of care, however the Inters do not overheat as much and are easier to drive but i found it hard to to the same lap times as wets.

FUEL

Running at 1.81L per lap will get you home, so there will be no fuel burn change to this round.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Spidey_11 and Slambobagan like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    First time ever on Project CARS that Division 1 will go down to the final round.... make life easy on me, please Sam?
    #HatingTheDropRoundRightNow
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Good to see div1's title is up for anyone :rolleyes: that points different from 1st and 2nd to the rest of the field is ridiculous lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Div 1a
    - Beau_Albert
    - Sammy

Div 1b
    -everyone else... :roflmao:

Will be a good battle for 3rd place in the championship.
  7. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Last place ! Does this mean I can go down to div 2 @stucar17 ;)
  8. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Lmao you have won a race in div 1 before you silly prick.
    Konnor McCluskey and Zachery like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ummmmmmmmm,..................no !
  10. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

That was awhile ago haha
    Dammit! Haha was worth a shot
  11. mij2003

mij2003 Rookie

PSN ID
    mij2003
    Hey guys, I'm out for this week. Cracked a rib playing basketball so I'm not gonna be able to race :(
  12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Bugger mate, from the times i had heard you were doing, you were going to be near unstoppable this weekend... :( Rest up and go easy on the rib. Hope to see you back soon :thumbsup:
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

And people say sport is good for you.
    Good luck with the recovery rib injuries suck.
  14. mij2003

mij2003 Rookie

PSN ID
    mij2003
    Yeah I was looking forward to the wet race haha, oh well sh*t happens

Yeah it's definitely not, next time I'll stay inside on project cars :p
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING R6 - Donington GP (sorry its late)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok guys....wet round this week, will be tough to get through incident free..
    Weather slots : LIGHT RAIN
    LAPS :
    DATE :
    20/12/16 @ 3pm
    Fuel: REAL
    Tire Wear : REAL
    Time Progression : Real
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : ON. Drivers will have to make a stop, and its up to you if you want to replace tires. You can run inters if you want, but we have found that they are not as nice to drive on as the full wets.
    Qual : 10 mins
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : WET (default)- may run inters from pit stop if you wish
    DAMAGE : Visual only
    PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fine, pretty straight forward. Exit, all drivers will have to be mindful of re-entry to the raceline, and cars approaching 1 at race speed.
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at pretty much every corner, so be ware !!
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Tough track to pass on. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 1 (redgate) and the final esses. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)
    LAG : There have been a few instances in the last few rounds where lag has had an effect on certain drivers. PLEASE, if you suffer from this, FOLLOW THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR PROTESTS / ENQUIRIES before blowing up at someone who may not have done anything wrong.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Not sure if I'll make it again tonight, got a friends birthday on this arvo and not sure I'll make it home in time. I'll keep you posted.
  17. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    Sorry about tonight boys had a big day.. wont be making next week either due to a endurance kart race
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  18. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Oh my god! Sorry about tonight. I had a 45 minute drive home from a birthday party and just got home in time for quali but I pulled my wheel off my rig the other day so I had to put it back together. So I turned on the PS4 with my controller to get into the room and use the time in quali and warm up to put my rig back together. I got it sorted with 2 mins in quali left and tried to get on track but my pause button was stuck on. After taking my wheel off it's base numerous times nothing by changed and with 20 secs to go in the warm up had to unfortunately exit the room.

Once I got back into the game I went to the controls menu and found that it wasn't recognizing my wheel and thought I was on controller. So after restarting the game it recognized the wheel and it was all good but too late to make the race. I'm so disappointed cause I hate missing races especially when I'm sitting in my rig trying to race.

Thanks for waiting for me anyway.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Donington - National.
    Qualy:
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]
  20. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Pretty stoked to come home in 4th after my first trouble free race this season. Would have been different if Mij and Rx7 were running, but that's how it goes.
    Didn't get any good laps in quali, so started 7th. Made another blinder of a start ( lucky I wasn't closer to you Beau, I might have touched you again! ):D was 4th by t1 and just tried to stay with the leaders. Beau mad a mistake on lap 3 or 4 which slowed both him and Slambo back into my clutches. Obviously Beau was worried about me being right in behind him and pitted immediately ;)
    At that stage the battle behind me with Mike, Spidey and Stu were only 2 secs behind me. I pitted on lap 16 and kept the same tyres on and came out with Slambo behind me. I didn't put up any struggle when he caught me as I knew my battle was with Mike who was still only 2 secs behind me. It stayed pretty similar for the remainder of the race until 2nd last lap he lost a few secs, so I could just bring it home safely with my best result this season ( although I could have been 4th at Laguna as well!)
    So well done Sammy on the win.
    Good luck to both you and Beau for the final race for the title. I will try and stay out of the way, but I am also in a tight battle to make a few positions up for the final standings for the season.
    So whoever pays me more might get less of a touch up going into T1!:D