Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

No way should a lapped driver should be racing the leader unless they are in a situation where they can pull away quickly. Ie they have fresher tyres or they have genuine pace but something has happened to get them near a lap down.

As Dutch mentioned it would be blue flag, if your holding up the leader just let them past and get on there tail.
    Just have to look at real racings rules and apply them to the league. Common sense really.

In real racing there is a thing called excessive blocking, if your continually blocking for more than a few laps in a row youy can penalized. Of course stewards are more leinient on this if its near the end of the race. To me trying to stop a faster driver over taking you just slows the both of you down costing you both race time. The smart way to me is to let the faster driver past and just stay on there tail using there pace to drag you along.
    Why lose 10 seconds taking slow tight lines trying to stave some one faster off if there is still 20 laps to go? Plus the rest of the pack will catch yas. Dosent really help your own cause.

Thats why alot of the time if I feel someone is faster than me at a certian point in the race, i leave the door wide open and let em through. Its not rule of course but that is my philosphy.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah TEK
    i wasn't to sure how it would be looked upon here..
    and everything i say has SOME type of common sense :p :lol:
  3. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Good comment Tek. I think blue flag rules apply as being you have 4 corners with which to allow the lapping car behind you past, otherwise a penalty would be applied. So if you cant justify your pace within 4 corners let them past, if you are keeping a gap and they arent pressuring you yet, drive on as fast as you can until they are and then let them past. As tek says, theres probably an advantage to letting them past easily then getting back on your racing line pace rather than slowing both drivers down. But dont then try and retake the position on the straight right after! Thats not cool!

Ultimately people here are pretty sportsman like and we all try and drive in the spirit of the league. So if you are worried about ruining the leaders' race, then its common sense to let them past in a timely manner.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The rules and regs have always stated (paragraph General ix) that if you are being lapped, you must not attempt to race the passing car.

I added a bit more about blue flag and 4 corners rule of thumb to help clarify but certainly this ruling has been in place since the inception of the league.. and is fairly standard road racing practise.
  5. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'll practice using the rearview - hadn't tried that before. Will also make sure I've got the driver list on.
  6. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy Dave, always glad to help when or where i can m8...
  7. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Checked my replay - Jas002 vanished from my race half way though the first lap - weird considering 12 were there at the start.
  8. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

I havnt had any trouble from lapping people so far, they've all been pretty good to me. last race gained a fair bit from slipstreams of guys i was lapping

must be those bribes i handed them before the race to crash into you guys

dave if you could intentially hold up dutch for the rest of the season that would be appreciated :) just once i would like to beat him in a race.
  9. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    You did, in the Pontiac GTO challenge.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I just looked at the Div 3 Leaderboard. Wow Dutch, you're dominating mate. I havn't seen domination like that since......um...nevermind. What happened in round 1 though mate? You didn't get fastest lap!
  11. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Geeez dutchy, do you like watch the replay 50 times and take notes or something?? hahaha, great writeup mate.

I was looking forward to a great battle with you, but silly mistakes again cost me my shot. Shame you're not going to be here next round, the Mountain is a track I don't mind too much, and in fact was the venue for one of my greatest races ever with Dougz (albeit in reverse config) - which mind you, i threw away again due to a stupid mistake a few laps from the end.

Hey, at least I know whatever happens on Sunday, I will finish ahead of you!! Muwahahahahaha
  12. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Thanks Chev, I thinks its really just that the car has agreed with me this season, and starting from pole is a great advantage. Just wait to see me in Div 2 next season, ill be the one getting dominated! But for now, must try for the clean sweep (minus 2 points).

Yeah, the replay came in handy. I never used to watch the replay and just summarised from memory, but to be honest my memory is useless these days. Without the replay it would be something like "started from pole, got out in front, won race" Plus this race in particulalr, i wanted to check out the battle between dan and evil which looked pretty epic. The new skip fwd and back feature of the replays are definately helping out in making me watch the replays as well.

Yeah its a pity about trial mtn round, i like that track too. Should be a good round for you guys racing for the win.
  13. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

i think i accidently cheated in that, didnt read the rules as i just happened to be on and thought id see what you guys were up to. Grabbed the car and modded it as fast as possible, which ment i a supercharger on it and then seen there was a pp limit so i brought it back down to match that. it seemed to be about the same speed on the straights though so not sure if i had an advantage or not. but considering i only had half a lap to get used of the car before we started i think i did pretty well. ill claim mum's vp commo is what gave me the edge :p

the battle with evil was pretty good last transformers race, was a pretty clean close fight unfortunately i spent to much time checking my rear view and worrying about him catching me and eventually choked. i pitted a lap later than him and had a little lead on him so really i prob shoulda been able to hold him off but he just kept coming at me somehow
  14. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I was surprised that I could keep up with inline. I know that I won't be able to stay in front of him as he's much better at the braking zones. All race, I was just going "don't mess up, don't mess up!". I could only possibly beat him by keeping close and slip-streaming past him on the final lap. Luckily I managed to keep the pressure up the whole race :)
  15. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    What are the rules regarding the yellow marked areas in trial mountain? Are they still off the racing track?
  16. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    On track from memory blue, we had that season 2 and I think it was ruled they are part of the track
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

FFS... My game just sat on the load black screen when it was loading in to the race.. I hope this upcoming maintenance fixes this craptacular network performance.

I wish to choose this round as my drop round :p

Loooks like tubro had the same issue maybe? When I went back in to watch the race he had the loading line happening.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I got kicked after 6 laps rumbles, soooooo frustrating. Every time they do maintainance though it seems to create problems for people that werent having them before.
  19. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Another great night of racing. I knew I won't be competitive this round, so my aim was to just try to keep it on the road. Qualified 3rd but managed to get up to 2nd after the first lap and holding up everyone while Cob headed off. Lost it a few laps later, and soon ended up in 6th behind disturboed. This time, managed to keep it together through the 3 pit stops, while chasing disturboed who headed into a wall on lap 31. Ended the race on 5th, so I'm pretty happy.

Code:
        Driver         Time       Best Lap
    01. CobMcCool      46:16.995  1:21.690  (Fastest Lap)
    02. daninline6       +33.157  1:22.022
    03. garyw61          +38.055  1:22.588
    04. mmm_homebrew   +1:03.609  1:23.452
    05. X-3vi1m00n     +1:31.153  1:23.051
    06. disturboed     +1:46.447  1:23.012
    07. xsirdave           DNF    1:24.261
    08. Rumbleshorts       DNF    

Driver          Best Lap
    01. CobMcCool      1:21.690  (Fastest Lap)
    02. daninline6     1:22.022
    03. garyw61        1:22.588
    06. disturboed     1:23.012
    05. X-3vi1m00n     1:23.051
    04. mmm_homebrew   1:23.452
    07. xsirdave       1:24.261

20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, in the calendar i didn't state that it was the Nurburgring 24H track we were using this round...

i would suggest a qually start this week of 8pm EST, with one out lap and 1 qual lap. Tire regs to stay the same as normal.

CYBER, TEK AND BLUEMOON NEED TO CONFIRM WEATHER AND TIME SETTINGS SO ALL ROOMS ARE THE SAME PLEASE.

Any problems just let me know.

Cheers
    Stu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.