Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    its good to see you get up on the podium m8.. and having a killer time doing it... well done.. :cool:
  2. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Pricey, my best is high 53 but I reckon if you can lap around 54-55 in the race you'll be doing fine. Practice with both tyre types with race settings so you know when you'll need to pit. An extra lap on stuffed tyre can undo a lot of good laps.
  3. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

Thnx sirdave. Im getting 56 on meds, but 54-55 on softs. getting tyres to go the distance is hard
  4. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

i was getting high 53s aswell, but i find it easy to spin on a couple of corners that combined with the pit stop being tricky to enter could be some upsets in the race.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Going to be a tough race Sunday guys. Very tight track, VERY hard to pass and easy to out brake yourself in traffic and cause choas for those in front.

Remember that if you push someone off line to get an advantage you really should redress and let them back in front. Door to door is fine, (remember to give room) but rear ending and taking advantage isn't.

Am predicting some great, close, hard racing. Keep it clean and enjoy !!
  6. jas002

jas002 New Recruit

Hey guys

I can not make it tonight sorry guys.

Good luck to all

Jas
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

My last round is testament to that :(
    Thanks to this w/end being a long one, I haven't practiced too much as I just got back from a day trip to Bribie. I had some practice yesterday though, but not as much as I would have liked.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I have both replays for anyone interested which didn't save them, they are pretty freakin' cool from all drivers!
  9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Another great day at the track!

Code:
    Race 1
        Driver         Time       Best Lap
    01. GTP_Dutch      20:15.291  0:52.948  (Fastest Lap)
    02. garyw61          +11.550  0:53.280
    03. CobMcCool        +15.885  0:53.407
    04. disturboed       +21.410  0:53.559
    05. X-3vi1m00n       +28.931  0:53.797
    06. daninline6       +30.135  0:53.421
    07. Rumbleshorts     +34.486  0:54.323
    08. mmm_homebrew     +48.652  0:53.370
    09. Pricey_777       +53.126  0:54.545
    10. xsirdave       +1:23.361  0:53.945

Race 2
        Driver         Time       Best Lap
    01. GTP_Dutch      20:27.065  0:53.299
    02. daninline6       +03.842  0:53.017
    03. garyw61          +04.504  0:54.071
    04. mmm_homebrew     +13.933  0:53.677
    05. disturboed       +19.561  0:53.578
    06. Rumbleshorts     +19.944  0:54.848
    07. X-3vi1m00n       +25.178  0:54.050
    08. Pricey_777       +49.349  0:54.950
    09. xsirdave         +53.906  0:54.386
    10. CobMcCool        DNF

Code:
    Overall
        Driver        R1 R2 Total (R1 + R2/2)
    01. GTP_Dutch     25 25  37.5  (Fastest Lap)
    02. garyw61       18 15  25.5
    03. daninline6     8 18  17    (Faster best lap than disturboed)
    04. disturboed    12 10  17
    05. CobMcCool     15  1  15.5
    06. X-3vi1m00n    10  6  13
    07. mmm_homebrew   4 12  10    (Faster best lap than Rumbleshorts)
    08. Rumbleshorts   6  8  10
    09. Pricey_777     2  4   6
    10. xsirdave       1  2   2

Fastest Laps
        Driver         Time 
    01. GTP_Dutch      0:52.948 
    02. daninline6     0:53.017  (R2)
    03. garyw61        0:53.280
    04. mmm_homebrew   0:53.370
    05. CobMcCool      0:53.407
    06. disturboed     0:53.559
    07. X-3vi1m00n     0:53.797
    08. xsirdave       0:53.945
    09. Rumbleshorts   0:54.323
    10. Pricey_777     0:54.545

10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Never mind see now :p, nice table though

Congrats Podium, looks like Dutch is unstopable this season
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Race One
    I started out pretty good after qualifying in 6th with RS tyres, although I was 5th until turbo got back in. From the get-go it was going to be tough! Early on there was a little battle with myself and moon but then on lap 3 I made a small error on turn 1 and he pounced to put me back a place. Turn 4, turbo & myself were going at it hard but another small error with a late brake & wide run on the bend meant he went up the inside & put me into 7th. I was able to somehow out brake him from the draft on the straight and got myself back into 6th only to surrender it yet again at turn 1 (wide in to it & slow out of it from a mistimed shift) which also allowed homebrew to pass me leading in to turn 2. Bugger, I'm in 8th.

homebrew got taily in the next corner and hit dirt edge so I was able to pounce and regain 7th with the help of the draft, better exit speed and an inside line into the last corner. Also the fact that he went off in to the trap along with dan helped too. Started to have auto-braking occur (time to fix the pedals again). Not much happened for a while from here, except on lap 9 I was actually starting to make some in-roads on the lead blue & turbo had on me. On lap 10 my wheels started to feel a little ordinary, even though they were only at 50% so I decided to pit on 11 anyway. I was now in 4th, but only due to Cob pitting. I briefly moved up in to 4th when turbo pitted but surrendered that position when I pitted on lap 11. So again I was seeing blue's tail lights...

Out of the pits, 7th. On cold tyres I ran the ripple strip which hurt my RHR & RHF tyres. From here on it wasn't much of an eventful race and I ended in 7th. It is my best result so far in ROOZ!

Race 2
    Starting the race son RM tyres, I got bogged down at the start due to the reverse grid. Pricey seemed to forget his brake was on :p I managed to make it around him after trading some paint with blue (yet again) but then ran into heavy traffic at turn 1. I saw a few cars ghost in the same turn but when I hit the pedal, Dutch came out of ghost & I tapped him, turning him around. I went into Turn 2 knowing I had caused it, and although I had actually lost 2 more places in to 9th I did the just thing and pulled across so he could pass me. In to turn 4 and Dutch has gotten past I see a great dust cloud. Lo-and-behold it is turbo in the sand trap! I take the opportunity and swoop past with an eye on catching up to 7th which is Pricey. Coming out of turn 1, I nearly :):):):) myself! A yellow car is in the middle of the track and I think this is going to be fatal. Alas, xsirdave is ghosted so although I thought I was going to crash through him, I didn't. Time to attack for 6th!!!

Lap 3, I am flying over the start/finish and I see a dust cloud in the horizon. Once I get closer I see it is Pricey so I turn in and make the pass in to 6th. Not much happens for a number of laps except for trying to stay consistent. On lap 11 it looks like I am catching up to Dutch. Coming in to lap 13 I get in to 3rd place, but only because blue & gary pit. Blue comes out of the pits and ghosts into my boot, but Dutch is still out front of me so I still have a purpose. Evil gives me a tap leading in to turn 2 (my fault, braking hard as usual). I then decide to pit, although I should have done so a lap earlier to get the edge on my rivals (lesson learned). I come out of the pits in 6th, still a good result for me as it is my highest ever ROOZ result :D!

And that is how my race ended, a 7th & a 6th. About time I learnt to race better :p

Not a fantastic race report but my first. I am positive that the racing in 5th to 2nd was close, at least it looked that way on my track map :)
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Another Day of Dutch Domination!

Hey guess what, I actually got a bit of practice in for this round, it wasn't much, but I'm glad I did it.

4th overall for the round isn't too bad considering the shocking start to Race 2 I had, so I'm pleased.

I was having the connection issue gremlins rearing up and I was convinced I wasn't going to be racing tonight having been booted 3 times during practice and qualifying. I had reset everything a million times, and for some unknown reason, the connection went good and I was able to connect and complete a quali lap right at the end. I got 7th but the time was no where near my quickest, so I just kept going as you need 2 laps to get the tyres up to temp anyway. Moon started the race halfway through my lap, so that was some extra incentive to go faster!! I did finish the lap a bit quicker and got 5th, but I knew I could have gone faster had I didn't have the stress of the connection drama.

Race 1 - Tight pack into Turn 1, but I think most of us got around ok. I lost a spot somewhere there, and was midpack for most of the race. Started on the softs, and did 10 laps before going for the mediums. Made some nice passes if I do say so myself, got myself up into 4th spot, almost 3rd when Cob got out of shape, and I almost passed him as he was re-entering the track, but I would have hit him, so I had to back right out of it and move, so he re-entered still ahead of me. I was hoping to get him as he rebuilt his speed up, but I had a moment myself at Turn 1 going a little wide and running on the grass, so I had to back off letting him get a gap back, and that almost let Moon through on me. Managed to hold on for 4th though, so it wasn't too bad.

Race 2 - Well, I forgot first thing to change the tyres back to soft at the options menu, so when the race started I'm driving the car like it has softs on it, and I'm sliding and understeering all over the shop I couldn't work out why. My lap times were crap cos I was pushing it too hard. Then it dawned on me. I'm on the bloody mediums. So, luckily I didn't pit on lap 10 as i did in race 1, but I did the extra couple laps, and then chucked the softs on.

Lap 1 of Race 2 was very messy and might need looking at, but I got a great start from 7th and made up a few spots by the Turn. Then I got bumped a couple of times, pushed out wide and lost those positions again. All the way back to 8th (out of 10), then as I came under the Dunlop bridge and around the left hander, xsirdave was having a spin, and I thought I could get past him, but I somehow just got tagged on the back and I went into the wall. I got back onto the track and I was dead last. Pissed! Fought my way back into 6th behind Rumbles, and we had a great battle. I was putting on some pressure but he defended really well. Then with only 3 laps to go, he went wide on the final turn, just a bit, but enough for him to back out of it slightly, and I sensed my chance! I nailed it through the turn and got a much better run up the straight pulling along side and outbraking him into Turn 1. From there I just had to defend the position and I knew he was going to make a move sooner or later which he did on the final turn, with a bit of a bump up the bum, but I held it on track and kept my top 5 spot.

Dutch is just in a different league this season, mate you are driving awesome. I just can't get the same amount of pace out of the race cars than I can out of street cars for whatever reason. It's not easy doing last to first in a sprint race, especially when you are spun out on the first corner!! Bloody awesome.

Next round in Indy Road, and I had a great result last time we were there (sprint round I think it was), so we shall see how we go!!
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

That make me feel really good about my racing, it must mean I am getting better! It was much fun mate, thank you :)
  14. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Great write ups guys, i watched the replay of the second race last night and it was definitely full of action through the field with 1 on 1's and the the 3 pack at the front so was very exciting, especially coming from the back. Having won the first race, i was looking forward to starting from the back. Had a good start up the inside into about 6th i think but was a little eager on the new softs coming out of the corner and with rumble's tap on the back and i was into the wall to be dead last. No hard feelings rumbles, was very tight and as i said i was already in a sort of a slide. Thanks for holding up to redress though but wouldnt have blamed you if you didnt, theres not much you could have done.

From there i quickly found myself up to 5th on the 2nd lap as a couple of cars took lines off the track and also probably many cars running the mediums vs my softs. From there I was looking to catch up to gary and then the very tight 3 pack at the front of brew, moon and dan. Passed gary shortly after when he took a wide line at turn 1 i think and was looking at the close 3 leaders a few laps later. Had a very exciting tussle up front for a couple of laps, was in third place after sneaking up the inside of brew at the first hairpin and then second place a lap alter from a move up the inside at the second hairpin with the close racing between dan and evil caused dan to run deep into the corner. Was feeling pretty good about the recovery but i had the feeling that this pack would be hard to get away from and i was definitely open to be overtaken as my softs were towards their end.

From second place behind evil I pitted but it was a last minute decision to make an undercut and i almost ruined it here as i came in too hot and the back was sliding out back onto the track as the game took over the pit sequence. Luckily enough, the pit worked out fine and I put on my mediums returning just in front of rumbles.

Dan and evil had pitted a couple laps later but brew stayed on the softs for 13 laps and i was well clear of him after he'd pitted. I always thought the softs were good for about 8-9 good laps here, its the front left that really dies quickest. So the strategy worked out and I was leading on the mediums trying to stay clear of dan chasing me down on his softs. I think the gap as whittled down from 11 seconds to just under 4 so great work. You and evil had quite the battle the whole race.

Very happy to get the fastest lap as well. not close to my fastest but i havent been really quick at this track. Again, i think consistent stints early on was what helped while everyone else was locked in fierce battles. Great to get 3 in a row.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    well done Dutch, in good form !
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Beautiful job on the results moon. ;)

Although it is easier for Carn to copy and paste the fastest laps for the overall standings across all divisions if there's one overall fastest lap list [time][driver] separate from the race results.....like M1ki has done for Div2 results this week.. and I also used to denote in brackets which race the lap was done... cheers.

BTW congrats Dutch looking very strong this season with a dominating lead in the championship ;)
  17. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    great reports guys, always good to read. hey 'moon great job with the results etc but could you recheck the maths for the second race totals please, there may have been one position tied.
  18. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Done :)
  19. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    You are right! You should get 7th instead as you are faster than rumbleshorts as well. Updated
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Perfect. Thanks Moon. :D
    Correction of homebrew and Rumbleshorts results also now included in the ladder.
    Aussieman and Veno the main movers up the ladder this week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.