Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Cool, Nurb has what I consider the best time transitions :D
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hope time progression worked well for you guys, worked perfect for us. Top cat finished the race in 1hr 40 odd seconds. We started the race 22 mins after reset for qual, race started about midday, finished about midday 24 hrs later.
  3. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    A very long race with very long laps. Started the race with a glitch where different people sees different qualifying results, so hopefully there isn't any phantom knocks and spins. Made lots of mistakes after reaching 3rd, and tumbled down to 6th behind daninline. Ended up spending the whole race swapping positions with dan with medium while he's on softs and pitting every lap. Managed to stay in front of him on the last lap :).

Code:
        Driver         Time       Best Lap
    01. GTP_Dutch    1:02:17.284  8:41.758  (Fastest Lap)
    02. garyw61          +36.824  8:49.592
    03. CobMcCool        +57.112  8:44.068
    04. mmm_homebrew   +1:34.941  8:47.350
    05. X-3vi1m00n     +2:17.861  8:53.409
    06. daninline6     +2:36:197  9:02.651
    07. Rumbleshorts       DNF    9:12.525
    08. xsirdave           DNF   10:04.747
    09. jas002             DNF

Driver          Best Lap
    01. GTP_Dutch      8:41.758  (Fastest Lap)
    03. CobMcCool      8:44.068
    04. mmm_homebrew   8:47.350
    02. garyw61        8:49.592
    05. X-3vi1m00n     8:53.409
    06. daninline6     9:02.651
    07. Rumbleshorts   9:12.525
    08. xsirdave      10:04.747

4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea we had the same qual glitch, glad to hear we not the only ones. Also sometimes you'd get a bug where 3:30 am wouldnt actually be 3:30am it be light, you had reset time again then back. You should of strated qual in the dark with it getting light about halfway into your outlap.
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Bad race, good result....... bungled pit strategy cost me dearly, as did an atrocious lap during the night section while thinking too much about how to get myself out of the mess I'd gotten myself into, qualifying mix up had me dazed and confused then jumped start penalty put me back to last but managed to get into the lead by the end of the first lap and it all went pear shaped from there but still happy with third. Sorry I turned you around moon, at the time it seemed like forever for you to get going again while I was watching out for someone to come and pass us both while I addressed the situation.

Cheers
  6. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Well what can I say, i had a great weekend.

Came back from a great week off in northern NSW, won bets on F1 qualy, won the enduro and fastest lap, won the top 3 bet in the f1, and then best of all, my wife and i confirmed that we are having a little girl :) absolutely awesome.

Unfortunately I am back at work today. It was a good run while it lasted..... ;)

The race was a stress as I hadent done much practice and rarely drive the ring in the dark. Plus the car seemed so different in feeling and sound from the update that i wasnt sure if I or it was quick at all..
    But come qualy, i put in a largely mistake free lap on the mediums and set a time i was happy with and saw P1 up top. Im sorry Cob, you were robbed of Pole this time by that glitchy 24hr track, by my count it should definately have been yours. But in the end i feel i redressed the situation by going off line a couple minutes later to rejoin the pack in about 4th or 5th...

From there i set out to chase down the leaders and could see them in the distance. I caught and passed a couple i think (cant remember who) and was eventually leading again. But come nightfall I was making a lit of mistakes and binned it at least 4 or 5 times. Sorry to you again Cob if i pushed you off track in the middle of the night after I completely forgot to brake for piquet's corner. I was fighting the car the keep it in a straight line so i hope i didnt impede you as I was trying to stay at the side of the track but also off the grass.

There was a couple of battles during the night and i tried to race as fast as i could so it was a white knuckle drive for an hour. My strat was RM RM RM RS which seemed to be the winner here as you lose a bucket of time here on bad tires a long way from the pits. Plus it was more fun to push the car rather than conserve tires.

And i think theres a lesson to be learned here- lets no longer race at the 24hr track. Its too glitchy. Stick to the nord if we want to race at nurb.
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome news Dutch! Congrats.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Dutch! What a weekend! :D I think you can add wrapping up the championship to that list of accolades too ;)

As for the 24hr track - it was glitchy back in season 2 too (remember the disappearing track), so probably a very good call.....
  9. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Congrats Dutchy on your weekend sounds like you had a really good one and congrats to you & your wife on the news of your baby girl
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Congrats Dutch....great news mate.
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ DUTCH
    well done on ur dam near flawless championship win.. very impressive stats m8.
    i do have to say i was trying to give some of ur rivals a few pointier but it didn't work!!! :p i mustn't be very good teacher :lol:

Congrats to you and ya wife on the top news of ur baby girl!!!! (is it ur first?)
    my missus and i have 5 kids, the youngest is 7 months now, so yeah never a dull moment here... :/
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Dutchy!
  13. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Thanks everyone for the kind words.

And aussie, 5 kids and you still manage to find the time to play gt5 (and be fast)!. makes me feel better that i still might have some spare time once the little one arrives. And yes, she's gonna be our first.

Still one more race to go to make that near perfect championship so still time to teach well :)
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Dam everyone is "Doing it" cept me :D hehehe.

Congrats Dutchy.
  15. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

congrats dutchy

seems im not a the nurburg ring master. did the 4hour enduro with the camaro went well. then did practice online races, felt a lil more tail happy but still was doing ok. then the race come and it felt even more loose, although i was away all weekend so there was a bit of a gap between practicing and the race.

sorry if i held up the race, was working on my investment property out of town and it took a bit longer to get home than i expected. on the plus side still finished before the f1 started :)
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ Dutch
    yeah 5 kids, it's not all that bad they are all pretty much big even to fend 4 themselves... all i need to do sometimes is yell at them when the :):):):) hit the fan..
    3 girls fighting not good, it seems to go on for weeks :mad: :lol: girls never let go of things, and are always trying to get back that each other..
    boys just seem to have a punch up and its over... i always said girls are hard work.. :p
  17. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey mods, which pit exit at Daytona are we meant to use? The good one (outside) or the stupid one (inside).

I'm gonna need all the help i can get at this track, i dont feel quick at all.
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

im no mod dutchy but im pretty sure last time we just used the normal one, or in your terms, the good one lol.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    if people can guarantee that there isnt going to be a :):):):) fight over people leaving the pits via the "good one" then i am happy to go with that.

BUT, everyone needs to be aware leaving that way as its right in the braking area for much faster cars into turn 1.

Wasnt an issue in season 5, but.........
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah will see what happens Stu.....
    people just need to USE THEIR HEADS (and i talking about the 1 on your shoulder to fellas)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.