Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well, if we are going to be as strict as crunch wants us then no.......personally, i would give points, 12th for sik skills and 13th for CAGME, but cant use as drop round....[/QUOTE]
    last season, Rage quit was 0 points and couldn't use as drop round
    jono and mint got pinged round 1 last season
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Theres some serious quotation issues going on here o_O
    Both were rage quits yes. Cagm within the same lap he plowed into coojak and took SPL for a trip, and then Konnor who got sick of his sunbaking tyres, parked in the pits but then left anyway.
    I think rage quits should be deemed as a Zero, but it can be used as a drop. After all, with a drop round in Round 1 they have nothing to fall back on later in the season if it goes wrong, so it's a penalty in itself.
    Coojak3009 and Zachery like this.
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I wouldn't throw cagme under the bus mate, he didn't exactly plow into them. He would of pulled off a pretty good move if it wasn't for the magnet effect.
    They got caught napping braking very early into t2 he shot up the inside probly using his normal brake marker and made the apex for the corner easy. But got stuck to whoever it was and couldn't turn. Blame the game.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 and stucar17 like this.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I know where you are coming from Slambo but the first 2 lines of the drivers briefing is stated as...
    1. After some prac races this week, if you are mid pack or farther back, BRAKE EARLY so you dont create chaos at Turn 1 !
    2. REDRESS if you make contact. When following other cars you NEED TO BRAKE A LITTLE EARLIER so you dont drive up the tailpipe of the car in front ! Use your heads please !

He knew he had issues with his wheel off the line but still went hard at it. I wouldn't say I was napping but adhering the driving standards on lap 1 of 20. Had he of just tried to pass me there would have been no issue as there was plenty of room on the inside and it would have been a clean pass but he tried to get greedy and take 2 places to compensate for his slow start off the line. If we all used our usual brake marker into turn 2 then only Beau would have make it out cleanly. Either intentionally or not he made contact with 2 cars causing incident and made no attempt to redress. I'm sure Stu doesn't write these driver's briefings for the fun of it.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i know im retired so take my opinion as you will, but isnt this why we dont play these things out in the public eye?
    Anthonyb and v8power383 like this.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Protests are not to be mentioned in the public eye unless released by a Mod.
    There are no protests in this situation and is more of a debate of how the opening lap went compared to how it was directed it should of gone. I wasn't throwing anyone under a bus, just explaining reasoning behind why it appears as a Rage Quit for him rather than a dsc.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yes, my bad I should have kept my mouth shut. I respect each and every driver on the grid but was just frustrated with the situation. I have nothing else to say on the matter.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    nah mate i dont mean it like that. more so to point out a flaw in the penalty system. so, assuming what i have read is correct, because Cagme didnt finish, his actions go unpunished, even though it ruined 2 peoples races. therefore if an offence is commited and then the offender rage quits, why dont we make the punishment roll over. otherwise someone who doesnt think theyll do too well has less to lose by taking people out.
    CTRacing, v8power383 and mikeruntbike like this.
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I would like to think that nobody here would take advantage of that situation and there is a distinction between mistakes and purposeful reckless driving.
    Had he finished the race in front of us there may have been a protest appealing for a time penalty to try and pick up that extra position but by quitting out of the race this negated the position loss to us effectively redressing the incident, although we lost track position and the pack he had also served a penalty or sorts.
    Zachery likes this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @stucar17 all good man was a bit annoyed last night. Was the first time since no tune series that I didn't take tyres and just wrecked all my practice and good first stint. I'll do a pit strat reset if I don't take tyres again.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I do agree Take it easy for turn 1 then everyone should have there marks for t2 and it's game on.
    And yeah probly should of redressed but i don't Think it was reckless at all just got caught out by being off line and early braking.

Anyways.. who's keen for some laps tonight
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well I wasn't going to comment due to the possibility that it would blow up into a heated argument but given it already has I may as well put my side of the story out there....

1) I wasn't aware off the line that my FFB was playing up. Me pulling to the left off the line was an error on my part as a result of a lack of practice getting this car off the line and managing the boost in 1st gear.

2) I realised my FFB was playing up after T1. But given my long absence from the game I had forgotten just how unplayable the game is with the glitch as I had intended to continue and see the race out. But after T2, 3 and 4 I knew doing 20 laps with a wheel in that state would be painful if not potentially damaging to the wheel and as a result decided to quit out of the lobby.

3) As for the T2 incident I saw it as Slambobagan saw it. Both SPL and Cookjak were going awfully slow out of T1 so I went for the easy pass. I pulled it up comfortably for the corner but as soon as Cookjak and I made side to side contact we were both simply passengers to the magnet effect. In trying to get off Cookjak I turned heavily to the right which is why I cut across the track once I was released from Cookjak. I deemed the contact with cookjak a racing incident hence why I continued to drive off. However upon reflection I should have redressed the contact with SPL as that was no fault of his own.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Blindman, stucar17, Anthonyb and 6 others like this.
  13. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I'm not too worried whether it's a drop round or not, I'm here to try and have some fun. As for the before pits tyre glitch....first time it's ever happened to me but in another series I run it has happened before
  14. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Make sure your back for next race Konnor. So much better having you there!
    ( I haven't taken anybody out for a while, you could be the perfect candidate!):D
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries Jas.....was certain from my car there was no contact on corner entry or exit, my only concern was how much space i gave you over curb.....i knew i was well left though....hope it clears itself and doesn't happen again.....

Now, i had a look at the turn 2 incident, and i think you guys have summed it up pretty well....Perhaps a redress ... At the end of the day, we still want to 'race' and i dont think he was out of line going for that pass. Unfortunate result no less....
    SPL Racing likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have started a discussion with the stewards group about how we tackle the quitting issue......there are so many variations of this and proving someone has quit when they say they have been DSC has always been the big issue for us.....

Personally both cagme and konnor could, and should have retired into the pits in the interest of room stability.....as per the rules, but i do understand why they left.....

I want to have this clarified this week .......
  17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  18. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I did originally retire to the pits but I was falling asleep as soon as I stopped haha
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Please take 5 mins to read the following....some important info.

Great effort last race, only 1 or 2 small issues that have been sorted. On the whole was some great racing with big grids.....well done.

ROUND 2 HOCKENHEIM GP
    - 25 LAPS - 7/6/17@ 4.00pm.

[​IMG]

Wear - Real / Fuel - Slow
    Penalties : ON
    Weather slots - SYNC TO RACE
    1. Hazy
    2. Overcast
    3. Light cloud
    4. Clear

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here, at turns 1, 4, 7, 10, 14 and 17 ! BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb into 6 with a crazy pass. ;)

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STOP STRATEGY SET, AND SELECT IN THAT STRATEGY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE TIRES OR NOT. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default).
    Hockenheim seems to be pretty hard on tires, so it would seem that most drivers will need to take tires at the stop. MAKE SURE YOU SET YOUR PIT STRAT ACCORDINGLY

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Pit entry is tight, so it will be hard to get a clean entry if fighting with another car in turn 16. Be wary of other cars, especially if they are looking to set up a pass into 17. Pit exit is straight forward, BUT YOU MUST REMAIN INSIDE THE EXIT LINES ON THE RUN TO TURN 2.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, and behind those who have 'parked up'.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    CTRacing likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield