Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Seeing as a race report seems to be the common thing to do I ain't gonna do one...
    Well done to Jason for the epic battle we had for first 20 laps, until we both crapped ourselves on my in lap and dropped over 2 seconds :laugh:. AO I think you scared the :):):):) out of me when I rejoined practically on top of your bonnet and i had some pressure on my ass for the first time that race...still figuring out how i spun though without touching the throttle in T1 that lap and pretty much cutting the turn :p
    Cheers Kart for not putting up much of a fight when I came charging up your inside on the last couple of laps :thumbsup:. Finally well done Beau on the win as well as CTRacing and Slambobogan on the podium finishes.

P.S. Jason....RHINO not Rhino :laugh::laugh:
    stucar17 and jasondull1986 like this.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I've only got the ingame screenshots. Stu might have the app ones to post.
    Results are on the chart though rhs for finishing positions
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will get them up tonight if i get a chance.....

Had a pretty enjoyable race on sunday.....Did a reasonable lap for me qual which put me 2nd last with a 46.8 i think...

Race started and trundled around the back of the train hoping for everyone to fall off, get tangled, or have their wheels fall off so i could get a result ! Wasnt to be, other than CAGME, who must have received the knock at the door straight after his turn 6 spin! Pitted on about lap 10 or something, had a couple of guys come out close, but they drove away...... Had a great 3 lap battle with @Coojak3009..... Respect mate, couple of laps with some hard racing but not a single touch with some side to side racing....Great job mate.

On to the sprint round at Sonoma, will be a tough round for sure, especially in the reverse grid race where everyone will have to have a "patience" tablet ;)
    Coojak3009 likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING R3 - SONOMA GP SHORT - SPRINT ROUND
    7/6/17 - 3pm

WEAR - REAL
    FUEL - REAL (changed for this round)
    RACE 1 - 19 Laps
    RACE 2 - 20 Laps (1 formation lap added)
    NO PIT STOP REQUIRED
    (comp pit stop OFF)
    WEATHER SLOTS :

1. Clear
    2. Hazy

[​IMG]

OK guys, this will be the toughest round of the season no doubt. Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE :
    - At the end of the first race, positions will be recorded
    - Race 2 will have 1 lap added for the 'formation lap'
    - Room host will start the second race and all drivers will then stop BEFORE TURN 2 and line up in reverse order from race 1.
    - Once all drivers are in correct order, the leading car will start off and all other cars will follow IN SINGLE FILE
    - Swerving IS permitted up until TURN 9, where ALL cars will slow to 80KLMS and be no further than 1 car width apart.
    - The 'RACE' will START on the EXIT OF TURN 11, so everyone will single file for the run up to Turn 2.
    - Use your brains here lads, please dont be the guy who makes contact or spins off creating chaos. If you do spin off, you will have to line up at the rear of line.
    - Making contact with someone sending them off will see that driver resume their place in the line. (please don't make it that complicated)
    - If a driver is DSC from race 1, they may start race 2 from the rear of the grid.
    - Parking up (DNF) for race 1, will see that driver start rear of grid for race 2.

SPRINT ROUND POINTS : (same as has always run ;))
    race 1 will be full points based on where you finish
    Race 2 will be 1/2 points
    Points will be added for each race to determine final standings. (then normal point structure will apply)
    POLE point will be awarded for race 1
    Fastest lap point will be awarded for fastest on the night.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    - The big one is TURN 4A. Drivers MUST attempt to keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip on exit (left side). If you CONTINUALLY run wide there you will be penalised.
    - There are cut penalties at turns 2, 3A, 4A (inside), 7A (inside) , 8A and 10.
    If you cop a penalty, try to get off the race line, and resume when back up to speed.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Is VERY tough to pass here. Use your heads ! If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. DONT dive bomb into 11 with a crazy pass. ;). The only 'real' passing spots are 11 and possibly 4A and 7A.....did a couple of races last night and its possible to get through there 2 wide if needed, is painfully slow though !

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.The reverse grid race will be a real test for everyone with the fast guys looking to get through. Been some great racing so far, will be interested to see how everyone handles this.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : NOT REQUIRED THIS ROUND

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, and behind those who have 'parked up'.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    CTRacing, Woffu, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    in game is fine.
    I just want pole/FL and finishing positions please
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    P1. Myself (P/FL)
    P2. CTRacing
    P3. Slambo
    P4. Konnor
    P5. Sneaky
    P6. Mike
    P7. AOCleaner
    P8. Jason
    P9. Rhino
    P10. Kart
    P11. Stu
    P12. CooJak
    P13. SPL
    P14. CAGM (Parked-Up)
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sorry guys, had a :):):):) few days, will get it up tonight...

@Hatfield , were you able to split the classes points or is that just too much work ?
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I can do
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thanks...sorry have got the results up yet.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's ok I got them from beau above...

just waiting on protests to be finalised/published
  11. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    So what's a good lap time around Sonoma??
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    7.49 seconds
    CTRacing and AOCleaner74 like this.
  13. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Right.....
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    that should get you pole as well....

i am running in the 17s, expect beau to be in the low 16.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Beau is not running. ..
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah nah, i've learnt from my Mistakes. Not as good of a Runner as i thought i was... so i'll take the Sierra over the Nikes.
    Still racing, just on nearly no practise...
    George, stucar17 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    :laugh::laugh:In other words Beau will win but by a 10 second gap instead of a 20 second gap
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @stucar17 who got 1B FL?
  19. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    AOC
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield