Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just a reminder below of how the reverse grid will work tonight.....

REVERSE GRID PROCEDURE :

- At the end of the first race, positions will be recorded
    - Race 2 will have 1 lap added for the 'formation lap'
    - Room host will start the second race and all drivers will then stop BEFORE TURN 2 and line up in reverse order from race 1.
    - Once all drivers are in correct order, the leading car will start off and all other cars will follow IN SINGLE FILE
    - Swerving IS permitted up until TURN 9, where ALL cars will slow to 80KLMS and be no further than 1 car width apart.
    - The 'RACE' will START on the EXIT OF TURN 11, so everyone will single file for the run up to Turn 2.
    - Use your brains here lads, please dont be the guy who makes contact or spins off creating chaos. If you do spin off, you will have to line up at the rear of line.
    - Making contact with someone sending them off will see that driver resume their place in the line. (please don't make it that complicated)
    - If a driver is DSC from race 1, they may start race 2 from the rear of the grid.
    - Parking up (DNF) for race 1, will see that driver start rear of grid for race 2.

TRACK LIMITS : Again, after racing last night, it was clear that there were some guys running over running the left side ripple strips (me included!). ....... The big one is TURN 4A. Drivers MUST attempt to keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip on exit (left side). If you CONTINUALLY run wide there you will be penalised.

After a few races last night with 8-10 guys, i have no doubt this will be one of the toughest races we have EVER done.
    I trust everyone to use your heads, particularly in the reverse grid.

If room captains / chat rooms etc can briefly discuss this BEFORE race start would be good so everyone is on the same page

Cheers stu
    Woffu, SPL Racing and CTRacing like this.
  3. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Can't catch a break this season, oh well onto the next week.
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Hard luck mate. I am so sorry I just touched the tyre barrier in the first race, it left you nowhere to go...
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    jasondull1986 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    From my perspective in race 2 @mikeruntbike was behind me when we crossed the line but it shows him in front of me on the results screen. The same thing happen with @RHINO11 in the practice race tonight.
    Were you behind me from your perspective @mikeruntbike
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Mine shows the same...seeing as tho its your birthday we should just give you the benefit of the doubt:D
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, what a round !!

A few hard luck stories in there, and they happened to go my way, so im not complaining ;) (sorry lads)

To be 5th on the grid, just .028 from the front row showed that we were all very close on pace.....Will done to Beau on a crazy fast pole time...only .8 split between 2nd and 12th on the grid :eek:

Race 1 start went ok in the front half. Lap 2 i think it was AO made a huge mistake and clipped the pit entry wall, which stopped him dead, and @Konnor McCluskey ran straight up his tail pipe with no where to go. Somehow i managed to get through, i think i actually went under konnors car, came away with minimal damage, and a 3rd place, with Rhino about 1 sec behind...things settled down and i managed to make a small gap, just trying to run consistent times with no mistakes....I managed to put it all together, and stay in 3rd ! Happy days !

Race 2 we managed to get the grid sorted pretty quick, and away we went.....buggered if i know who i had around me, everything happened so quick, all i know is that cars kept falling off in front of me every time i managed to close up behind them !! Had a good little battle with @Beau_Albert @Konnor McCluskey and @SPL Racing for a couple of laps, Up until konnor and SPL came together at the final hairpin and i managed to get a run past. That put me in 4th, with beau pushing up on @Coojak3009 , and i was closing as well.....When coojak had a spin i was up to 3rd, with beau pushing up on Quik, buy then they were 6 secs up the road so i just made sure i brought it home for an unexpected podium....:cool:

For some reason the replay option didn't come up, so i dont have either race :mad:, spewing as there were certainly many highlight !

Onto the long straights of monza for round 4......
    Coojak3009 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    we had a results switch in Race 1 as well
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I stand by my 'I hate Sprint Rounds' attitude, but tonight may just have been the best night of Racing i've had on PCARS full stop.
    Having found a bunch of time an hour from the race, i thought i was in with a good chance, Pole, FL and the Win in Race 1 was a great boost but it was clear that CTRacing could really match me around here for pace over a Race Stint.
    Race Two is arguably my Favourite PCARS race i've had, right alongside Watkins Glen Season Two. Starting Second Last, i was too impatient on the opening laps at the thought of finally breaking my Sprint Round Voodoo and i lost a Spot to Konnor, got involved in a 3 into 1 incident on the exit of the Hairpin and then a very over-ambitious move on Konnor sent me into a Half Spin dropping behind Stu. I was recording my voice chat in my race recording and you can very clearly hear me say 'The Sprint Round has to go wrong somehow for me' :(
    However, this still remained my best chance ever, so i tightened my GTUltimate Seat belts and went on a rampage; picking off 6 cars in 2 laps, then closing in on Coojak before an error made him easy prey.... or so i thought as we duked it out side by side for a good 5-6 corners. Then, all that was left was CTRacing.... 3 and a bit seconds ahead...
    I knew i was safe for the Round Win if i held position.... buuuuuut that'd be boring! I tightened my GTUltimate Seat Belts to extreme levels (Safety First, Kids) and gave it everything i had. Fastest lap after fastest lap, taking 6-7 tenths out of CTRacing at a time whilst turning myself into a Swimming pool i was sweating so much. I finally reached the White and Red Sierra and tried multiple fake out moves, ducking inside, outside under brakes but never making a full effort. However in the end it worked and a misjudged brake marker allowed me to get a nice run and a clean move. Now i just had to hold it for 4 laps...
    Massive pressure from Cameron behind, never giving me more than 4 tenths to relax. However i managed to keep it clean and on the black stuff to get not just my first Sprint Round Race Win, or my second, but also my first Sprint Round win and Clean sweep. 11 seasons of effort finally came through after coming so close so many times, and holy cow did i have to work for it....
    Great Race from all involved, massive respect to CTRacing for keeping it clean and keeping the pressure on in both races. You're getting closer and closer pace wise each week so far, so i'm a little worried what the next rounds have in store!
    Cheers guys :) Sorry for the huge post! Might try and get a little highlights video out tomorrow as well

Edit: Closing in on CTR and the move for the lead with just laps to go:
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  11. mikeruntbike

mikeruntbike Rookie

PSN ID
    mikeruntbike
    Yes you finished ahead of me in race 2. I've seen it happen a lot when it's a close finish
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    How do you get a jump start penalty in race 2 :cry::cry::cry:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I need to know the proper race results for both race 1 and 2 please
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Race 1 is Correct.
    Race 2 is glitched for us all, but results are correct except SPL & Mike need to be swapped.
    If two cars finish very close to eachother it sometimes bugs. On my Replay SPL was ahead by a car length
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    The first race of the season where I actually got to race with people not just get left behind to trundle along on my own. I qualified in 11th at the back of the grid and avoided the carnage of the first 2 turns to emerge in 7th place, I gained a couple of positions with people going off then lost a few as some faster guys worked back through. Was pretty happy to finish 7th after making my car as wide as possible and trying to hold position.
    At the start of race 2 I got a little bump from Coojack coming out of the hairpin which slowed me down and bunched up the field behind me, he was all over my bumper and I tried to hold him off as long as possible, I know I wasn't as fast as him but I wasn't going to make it easy. Had a great battle with @AOCleaner74 running side by side for a while then when we caught up to Kart and Coojak again it was on for young and old.
    I kept in touch with AO and Coojak hoping they would stuff up in the final laps and let me sneak through which almost happened at the hairpin on the second last lap when AO had a dive up the inside and hit the tyres. I had Mike gaining on me quickly on the last lap and a defensive line into the hairpin was needed to hold him off to finish 6th in race 2.

All in all pretty happy to avoid most of the carnage and keep it on track for both races.
    CTRacing, George, AOCleaner74 and 3 others like this.
  16. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I forgot to congratulate @Beau_Albert @CTRacing and @stucar17 on their dominant performances last night especially in race 2 to go from the rear of the field back to the front on a track that is so hard to pass on. Gold stars for all you boys!
  17. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I took over the trundling by my self role. Happy to help.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'm not sure I actually "passed" anyone all night. I think it's called doing a "Bradbury" !
    CTRacing, SPL Racing and George like this.
  19. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Must be @AOCleaner74's turn next week.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R4 : 5th March - MONZA - 23 LAPS. 7/6/17 - 4pm twilight race
    FUEL - SLOW (changed back after sprint round)
    TIRES - REAL
    Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Hazy
    3. Light cloud
    4. Light cloud

[​IMG]

OK Guys, onto the long straights of Monza !

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.
    - The big one here is TURN 10 (ascari). Drivers MUST attempt to keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip on exit (RIGHT side). If you CONTINUALLY run wide there you will be penalised. There IS a sand trap there and a penalty so if you get too wide you will be pinged.
    - There are cut penalties at First chicane, second chicane and ascari.
    If you cop a penalty, try to get off the race line, and resume when back up to speed.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Has been common here in the past.

PASSING : Lots of passing opportunities. Obviously turns 1, 4, 8 and 11 are the big stopping zones, give raceroom and use your heads. If a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. Dive bombs and outbraking yourself could be an issue. If you miss your brake marker, and have a car in front, do everything you can to avoid contact

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry. Can be an issue here with the long straights.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : YES ITS BACK ! All drivers MUST make a compulsory stop. I imagine this place is pretty good on tires, so i dont imaging you will need to take tires....Make sure you do a race run to be sure ;)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT :
    ENTRY
    : Is very easy with ample room and time to make a safe entry. Drivers should stay RIGHT on the run into the lane from the exit of Parabolica.
    EXIT : Drivers MUST remain right on exit until you are back up to race speed. The exit line is very long, and is up the middle of the track, so even if you stay in the lane you could still be an issue for fast cars approaching. Use your eyes and heads here guys, be wary of fast approaching cars.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PROTESTS MUST BE LODGED NO LATER THAN 12PM MONDAY NIGHT. This is so the stewards group can have time to finalize protests well before the following round. You have until 12pm TUESDAY to lodge your own video evidence.

QUITTING : This is something that has been here for as long as we have run leagues, but we are looking to implement a slightly stricter interpretation of this rule. outlined below.....
    1. If you quit the race room you will receive 0 points and you cant use as drop round.
    2. If you park up in the pits for the race (have to stop etc) you will get last place and CAN use as drop round. (if more than one, then points in the order they park up)
    3. If you DSC you will finish behind the last place driver, and behind those who have 'parked up'.
    If the Stewards Group have reason to believe the DSC is a 'sneaky quit" the rule 1 above will apply.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017