Division 4 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will ask Stu.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Crap, sorry boys, will do it tomorrow.
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Just to be safe I have updated the weather to 100% to ensure constant rain, this will not change the grip on the track at all it will only guarantee constant rain.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladder updated guys, sorry for delay.

Any issues just let me know
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Saw that, thanks Stu
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Stu
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Going to be a very interesting race tomorrow. When we were practicing on sunday night after the racing and Rumbleshorts set the monza track up, I thought it wasn't too bad. He had it at 70% surface water, 0% weather and 0% changeability. I could run about 5 seconds off my dry pace with sport meds on and the track was fully dry by lap 8. It made for an interesting start then a normal race till the end.

I undertsand that it would have made qualifying and setting the grids up a pain in the arse seeing as how the track had to be reset to get the surface water back to 70% but I think it would have been better racing.

Oh well, thems the brakes I suppopse.

Practice, practice, practice.
  8. greendog

greendog Rookie

U will b right mate. Make sure u have the racing wets mate and u will be fine I think it is going to come down to who gets pole for the win and don't think there will b much passing in the wet cause if u get off the racing line there is not much grip
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright, hope you guys are ready for what will be a very tough race for round 4 at Monza.

Just a heads up that the first lap will be diabolical if we dont use our heads a little and get through the first chicane.

If you are mid pack or towards the rear make sure you arent the one sponsored by AMF bowling centres ;)

I have never run a full wet race before, and from the prac i have done its pretty clear it will be a tough challenge, so please try to get through the first lap without incident......and if you do happen to run out of talent, please REDRESS.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah that brake marker is a mongrel to spot in the pack first corner lol. Doing better lap times than I thought. As long as I can keep it on the black stuff, I should be ok. I'm loving seeing my name 3rd on the ladder, like to keep it there or up one or two?!?
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    :lol: :D :lol: :D :p I'll be the gutterball most likely
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol , round the outside might be the best place to be AD !!
  13. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Hehe good luck all today :)
  14. greendog

greendog Rookie

Well my race went like this stat out in quali and do a 214.8 and I'm gob smacked and think :):):):) how did I do that, then race start get not a bad start and come into the first corner side by side with emmo leaving him room then into the second corner and I stay out wide and emmo must have given it a bit too much stick and we come together (we booth did well not to spin) on exit, and in the middle of getting out of the tangle s_close gets past, then on about lap 3 I think, he has a moment and I get pasted, then a lap or so later I have a moment and ad gets past and I sit with him for a bit and then I have a moment on about lap 7 and s_close and cw get past so I hunt them down and cw has a spin on about lap 10 and I start to catch s and then bam net drops out farrrrrrkkkkiiiinnggg hell. I was right on it too and had good tyres left and was pulling about a sec a lap on ad too till it dropped out.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Greeny, shattered for you mate.
  16. greendog

greendog Rookie

Yeah thanks mate oh well u get that when u have a :):):):) connection just don't no y it was fine the last 2 weeks and through the week but not tonight
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Clevo,

spoke to AKD and from what he told me is still keen, but his work has changed to 3 am starts so will miss the next few races. Will keep in touch and hopefully will get him back on the grid at the end of the season

Stu
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That's is too bad greendog, you had great pace as your quali showed, and if it wasn't because of your drop out you would have caught me as I lost confidence after losing the car while on the lead.
    my race went like this: had a good start of the grid and maintained 3rd place going into the chicane, and capitalize on Emmo and Greendog's battle. lead for about 3 laps with good pace and with a nice 8 sec lead which ended abruptly when my brain got in the way and lost the car coming out of a simple turn by being oveconfident.
    Got back to the track in fourth place, just behind Emmo, which I manage to overtake on the first chicane by braking late, then After this, I focused on keeping the car and took advantage of Cw and greendog's moment on track. then greendog started catching me until the system message, greendog has left the room.
    Kept it together until the end managing a lead on the guys behind me, and in the end cruised on 2:20's to bring the car home.
    Still bugs me I couldn't take advantage of first place but still pretty stoked with second place and great improvement with the switch tondriving with a wheel.

Can't wait for next week's race!
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    And of course Ad grew a 10 sec lead that I tried to close but messed up losing more time, so focused on keeping 2nd place. So best to you Ad for a great win, we'll deserved.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can I say it again? WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Qualifying was pretty average. I'd been practicing a fair bit for this race cause I didn't want to end up turned around by some stupid mistake. I thought high 1.16's would be good enough for pole but when I saw 1.14.7 (awesome greendog) i thought I was in trouble. We finished our 10 min qualifyer and Clevohead started the race.

My screen goes blank and the GT5 logo shows in the bottom corner and I can hear cars revving up and I'm like come-on show me whats happening. Then I hear the 3 tones for the start and all the cars taking off and still a blank screen and I'm like SHIIIIIIT!!! so I let the handbrake off and take off but too late I got in someones way and bang and then the screen lights up and I'm last. GRRRRRRRR.

But it works out well and I can coast in behind everyone and take advantage of everyone else tip-toeing into the first chicane and catch right back up. Got an awesome exit out of the chicane and someone ran wide off the track at curva grande so another spot gained then I see emmo46 and someone else parked in the barrier at the second chicane and I'm like "score, third place!!" with S_Close and greendog ahead. I notice greendog have 2 huge lag spikes and I start getting concerned about driving near him which gave emmo46 a good chance to catch me back up. I thought he was gonna get past me then greendog has a moment and I get past then I see S_Close cruising on the back straight slowly drifting to the right side of the track. I ducked past on the outside and greendog stuck with me for a bit then fell right back and unfortunately dropped out and that was the last I saw of anyone till I lapped Colin_50, Clevohead and xsirdave. No pitstop and still had couple of laps fuel left and only half down on the tyres. Had a brief moment when I put two wheels on the grass with a half spin and a couple of slight outbrakes but I came away with the win by about 25 secs I think.

Bad luck on your drop out greendog, you had some great pace m8. Congrats to S_Close and Cwhelan for the podiums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.