ACC Season 2 driver debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by Xtr3meNZer, Oct 14, 2020.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

2. JJ_Penguin

Awesome race lads! I've watched the broadcast and everyone needs to be congratulated for an entertaining race. A couple of incidents but the battle throughout the field made for awesome viewing.

Thank you to @Demo 1 Garage for the broadcast. It's awesome and there have already been over 100 views, I swear they aren't all me!!!!

I think everyone adjusted to the full formation lap which was good. Sorry for the late notice on that, I only learnt how to do that yesterday. I was stressing all afternoon that it might not work and then crash the server. Luckily it worked fine and there was nothing to worry about.

As for Quali and Race. I stuffed but a couple of my quali laps, spun and hit the wall out of the chicane. Pitted at the end, got out and crossed the line with 14 sec left on the clock. Nailed the lap and started shouting & fist pumping when I crossed the line. Scared the :):):):) out of the missus!

I couldn't have asked for a better start. Autech edged up the inside of me so I ran deeper giving him room and that blocked Vik from turning in. Cost Vik time and ultimately a couple places. Thank you Autech!! I was surprised to see Vik in last a couple corners later and then when Someone & Autech came together, I was almost 5 sec up the road and just tried to relax. But Nige had awesome pace, just crept up on me and after the 2nd stop was within 1 sec. We were pushing really hard at the end doing 43s and unluckily Nige fell of the road. Thank you for battle Nige that was awesome! Congrats @nigegunz & @TYMORGO on the podium.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Aza2672, Vik Chan, Xtr3meNZer and 3 others like this.
  3. jamie_t

jamie_t Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    jamie-tc
    Tough night for those of us in the BMW. Wasn't the car to be in around here unfortunately. I didn't qualify too badly, made a reasonable start but got shuffled down the order a couple of times when I'd get overtaken which caused me to be offline or lose momentum and would allow one or two others through. I might have been a bit cautious in some scenarios but some of you were just faster so it may have only been a matter of time anyway. Once settled I managed to hang on barely to the end of a couple of packs at various points but I was not much threat really unless big mistakes were made. Happy to put that one behind me and hoping the beamer is better suited to the upcoming circuits.

Congratulations to podium and those in the midpack too for some great racing, it was on-edge stuff the whole way! Thanks JJ and demo1 the broadcast was awesome.
    garyw61, incey, FoulMinion and 3 others like this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Only a small field in the AM room but we had a good race regardless. Took me awhile to set a valid lap in qaully but eventually found the pole possie. Kman was all over me though in the race and I couldn't concentrate long enough to stay ahead of him. muffed pitstop 1 and lost a bit of time and stinit 2 felt like my tyres were too hot. Couple of little errors cost more time. 2nd pit stop was pretty good and was putting in some good lap times with tyres that were good temps then had a small touch of the fence which pitboard said was 16 secs to repair. with 8 laps left i jsut carried on and tried to maintain the gap to metalman. Was losing 1.5 ish perlap to the damage but i'd say metalman was losing time as well. Held fastest lap for awhile and finished 2nd to kman. pretty happy with the result even with the silly mistakes
    Aza2672, garyw61, Vik Chan and 3 others like this.
  5. FoulMinion

FoulMinion Rookie

PSN ID
    FoulMinion
    I know, I know... I'm not a driver (anymore anyway). BUT here's my debrief as a viewer (totally impartial, yeah, riiiiight) of the stream.
    (Had to watch it back as I was racing at the same time - it did not disappoint!)

First things first: Awesome job putting on a great commentary @Demo 1 Garage ! That was heaps entertaining to watch, and you made the most out of the limited broadcasting tools available for ACC PS4. Huge kudos to you.

Things that I found impressive / entertaining about the race in no particular order:
    • The respect shown overall for each other. Sure, there were incidents. But overall, the racing felt very respectful.
    • @TYMORGO and @Vik Chan being strategy wizards after rough starts each. Soooo good to watch. I knew TY has a knack for it after he pulled off a similar recovery at Kyalami (to snatch a position from me; not salty at allll), but the Bentley Boyz having two tactical masterminds?! Uh oh, watch out.
    • The epic battle between @seowster , @Kart-No-1 , and @jamie_t in the middle stint. Awesome driving up front to keep the hordes behind by seowster, but kart got the last laugh with an impressive 2nd stop
    • @nigegunz taking the battle right up to @JJ_Penguin after the second stop. That pace suddenly looked irresistible. Not quite enough to topple the waterbird (really, there are no synonyms for penguin?! I looked!), but made for awesome entertainment
    My heart was bleeding a little bit to see the beamers struggle that much. But ah well, I did get to witness a good fight from @Adam Parsons from a difficult starting position to recover a fair few spots: well done!
    Telum, Adam Parsons, garyw61 and 6 others like this.
  6. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Yes big thanks to Demo 1 for the broadcast. Was actually really entertaining. I’m just spewing it cut out for that brief moment to get the start hahaha it would have added more the the already great broadcast :thumbsup:
    Aza2672 and garyw61 like this.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Totally agree about the commentary by Demo 1 Garage, was first class, thank you.
    My race long battle with @seowster was fantastic, thanks mate, was very intense, just got you after the second stop. Seemed like your tyres took a few laps to come up to temp and i managed to pass you soon after pitting and make a gap. You came at me hard on the last lap though. Cheers.
  8. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
    Totally awesome race @Kart-No-1. I had no idea what everyone else was doing, no idea who the leader was and no clue what position I was in. All I knew was the car in front of me and you up my butt which changed in the closing stages. Good clean gentleman racing mate.
  9. JJ_Penguin

Race day!

Waking up on a Tuesday feels more and more like waking up on Xmas!....except I’ve gotta do a days work before presents lol
  10. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Very much looking forward to tonights race. ( I think I just did a little pee in my pants from excitement )
  11. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Putting my hand up.
    I was involved in a nose to tail incident in the first lap of Misano.
    I wasn’t able to save a replay and looking at Demo,s stream I have no idea who else was involved.
    A Bentley and Mercedes is the best I can do.
    I feel like I hit and was hit at the same time resulting in me getting 20 seconds of damage added to my pit stop and a pig of a car to drive, can only imagine what the others had as well.
    If anyone involved has the replay please share or advise.
    Not the way I like to go out in a race when you qualify mid pack, I pride myself on staying out of trouble as best I can.
    Keen to get to the bottom of the incident, apologies to the Bentley driver (I think Tymorgo), hard to avoid when being hit also.
    If there is other versions please let me know.
    Cheers
    incey and Vik Chan like this.
  12. JJ_Penguin

I’ve got the replay I’ll send it to you later today
    Adam Parsons likes this.
  13. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I was also involved in an incident turn 2 lap 1 and again a few laps later. Ran up the back of someone both times when a car spun in front of them and they got the brakes. Got 20 seconds damage as well. I did not turn anyone round and I believe damage to the car in front I hit would have been minimal, let me know if this is not the case. Bit hard to avoid this type of incident when your right on the back of someone who slams on the brakes. Not trying to blame anyone that's just racing.
    incey and Adam Parsons like this.
  14. JJ_Penguin

I will have that footage as well
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

everyone is to be congratulated for putting on an awesome show! i was still buzzing from the race when i watched it & the 45mins went as quick as they did in the race
    Russell, incey, Adam Parsons and 2 others like this.
  16. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well. Started off unable to set a banker lap for qualifying but managed to grab P3 on my last lap before the time ran out so was very relieved. In the race I Switch to mode 8 to save fuel on the formation lap but completely forgot to switch it back to mode 1 for the start so I was wondering why everyone was passing me for nearly a lap pushing me back to 11th, that was so frustrating. A few laps in I couldn’t pull up in time and tapped Eagle which started him to spin but he held it together very well but I ensured I redressed to do the right thing.
    Straight after that tap I pitted which was def not the plan but it gave me clean air and a chance to put in plenty of Quali laps to catch up, it worked. I drove my a#&se off and pitted again with 17 minutes to go, managed to make my way back and finish in P4, which is where I expected to finish in the first place.
    Congrats to Vik, JJ and Nige, you guys were just too quick, esp Vik, great drive guys and great race.
    See you on the mountain!
    incey, Adam Parsons, seowster and 3 others like this.
  17. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Stoked to finally get a win for team Bently after the crappy last round. Congrats to @JJ_Penguin and @nigegunz on podiums and well done @Bounty05 on the recovery, good drive mate. Also good job on grabbing pole on the last lap JJ lol. I struggled to get a clear track during that session as i caught up to traffic too quick and couldn’t get many good laps in which was a little frustrating as i was up a couple times in the first 2 sectors only to get put off in the last sector due to traffic. In the race I had a decent start for the first time and didn’t lose any positions which allowed me to put pressure on JJ for the first stint and i stayed close as i could to his rear and had planned to do so till we caught up to some traffic which worked out well as I got the undercut going in first knowing he wouldn’t be able to get any push laps. Once i got the jump i just managed the gap and held back from doing hot laps as it only takes one mistake as those who saw the stream where i had that one moment at turn 4-5 lol that grounded me and i just made sure i kept my laps clean and consistent. All in all it was a good race. Glad i finally got a win and see you all at Bathurst :thumbsup:
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well done on the win Vik, great drive, also jj and nige.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Russell, seowster and Vik Chan like this.
  19. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
    Vik is from another planet. He should be in Div 0.5
  20. JJ_Penguin

That was a great night of racing and Well done Vik. You were too quick, I had a strategy to beat you unfortunately that didn't work out.
    Onto Bathurst which will be a cracker. The 14 day forecast has rain for Bathurst :devilish:
    Russell, UrsineSaturn9 and Vik Chan like this.