Gran Turismo 7 Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jan 20, 2024.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    An unforgiving track where the slightest side bump ends up with someone into a wall a suffering for it more than they should. I think I'd have preferred Big Willow! Qualified mid pack, and after the frantic start in which I gained a few places, found myself back at 7th at the end of lap 1! Eventually got cleaned up at turn 1 while trying to recover, my car must have not ghosted or something and was dead last by 15secs, with the pack no where in sight. Pitted early for the undercut which gained me 2 places but I knew fuel would be iffy at the end. Used the tow to save some fuel in the dying laps but didn't quite make it.
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I hope the chest pains are nothing major mate. @Ian Cannan messaged me that he will take a penalty for his incident with you (@Viperzed )

@RPeeM808 great race mate, I stayed with you the whole race, just disappointed in the final corner
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't want to protest, penalty will make no difference to me. Leave it as it is.
  4. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Nice turn out for div 2. Shame it had to be to a track that collects mistakes and shares it with others
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Had a good time, as always took most of the race to work out the car.
    Favouritest track as long as it's dry.
    Prefer more light also, stoopid eyes.
    Anyway, had all the thrills and spills you expect from a walled track in a car that slides, or occasionally decides turning is optional.
    Great job all, see you at the next one.
    emmo46 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  6. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Hey Hat

yes it was a great contest with a few slight rubs each way over the course. Once I worked out your first half race strategy with draft and fuel saving I just concentrated on rhythm and 2.04XX pace to counter it.
    The 2nd half of your race on 82% fuel also gave me clear hope that you were attainable to be caught.

Last corner was also dissapointing from my perspective, but as you have "video" lined up I will say no more.

Bob
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. Humblebeegee

Humblebeegee Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    Much better run for me, tried to bump draft @stew and I up to contention with 1st and 2nd but they just kept pulling away. Was alot of fun this race for me.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Obviously there was no ill intent from either of us, and it was still a great race long 'battle' between us, and I still enjoyed it immensely!

Going into Qualifying I knew that a slipstream down the monster main straight would be a massive advantage, and I found a slipstream partner in @Steve Neilson who generously let me slipstream first which was good enough for about 4th, and then I let Steve tag along for his lap.
    Luckily for me I was able to follow Steve on his lap, and get one more slipstream on the following lap. That final lap was good enough for pole by 0.042 from @doodah27

Race start was clean up front, and @RPeeM808 got by and I was happy to just sit behind and fuel save.
    When Bob pitted, I went 1 lap later and filled up a little extra so I would have some left to push on the last few laps.
    I came out of the pits ahead, and Bob was with me by Turn 1, where he followed for a few laps until he got by and I resumed saving behind him.

I used these next laps to see where I could catch and make the pass, ideally only needing to do so once to win the race.
    I figured out that it was unlikely to be slipstreamed out of the final turn to lose the lead, so I would need to be in front by then, and the only other reliable pass was on the main straight starting the final lap.

However, Bob was behind me heading on to the straight at that time. So I made sure he would pass me earlier on the straight and I re-slipstreamed him for an outside pass at T1.

Bob then kept close for the final lap, and slight contact exiting the final turn led to second place by 0.065! A crazy close finish.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I could manage 2:04.3s on my own in clear but decided to try to improve that by slipstreaming. I chose the wrong guy for that so that I was purpling sectors 1 and 2 but was getting held up soo badly in sector 3 and 4 I was way off the pace. I stupidly persisted, I should run on my own, pole was within my range but top 3 for sure. A bad start and a couple of kamakaze pilots had me losing 5 places on lap 1 but I recovered to 5th where I caught the same guy and relived the qually nightmare all over again. That allowed Ian to catch and having to yield to the guy in fronts slow blocking tight line at turn 1 meant an early brake which caught Ian out and I was drop kicked into wall. I was geting so frustrated being baulked by the guy in front wall striking and costing me so much time in sector 3 and 4 I was not breathing properly and getting tight in the chest. After the shove into the wall I thought it best to back out of it and calm down. If only I had qualified by myself I'm sure I would have been in amongst Bob and hat. I'm still frustrated.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  10. RPeeM808

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    emmo... get on top of the chest pains...no need to stress on a software game.....get better!
    emmo46 and Half-Byte like this.
  11. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    Well said Bob ... do look after yourself Emmo.
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Was a very enjoyable return for me. Had some great battles at the back and I can sense that I have a lot to compete with my 79 hrs clocked in game comparable to you guys. Very much looking forward to continuing joining each Sunday. Surprised myself that I was able to at least battle a little bit. Great Race!

@emmo46 sorry to hear about the chest pains. I know about those all too well. Either way was a good effort
  13. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    Tokyo expressway tracks are shocking to race on and due to me being a controller user economical driving whilst maintaining a good pace is impossible to me. Hopefully next round will be better.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks guys, it was just frustration and I'll not let it get to me. I'll be more chilled and not let my expectations ruin it for me.
  15. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Also really enjoyed that race, had some good pace and was working together with Herbie. Except he was faster out of the last turn, so I struggled to catch him and might only manage one bump, when he was giving me 2 or 3. Eventually I guess he made a mistake and dropped off this little train, at this point I got into a good rythym and got the 10sec lead down to 4secs. Need a few more laps to catch Bob and Hat. Well done boys. I think I also lost the FL at the death. Damn you whizz !!
  16. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Feel your pain on this one, also on controller and i was completely off pace all night, even looking at div 3 times I would of struggled in there too.
    My FL was a 2:06 but when I checked my optimal it was in the 2:04s.
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  18. RPeeM808

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    good luck tonight, been called away for the evening....Go get em Doodah!!
  19. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    These few races will be interesting.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    bugger, was looking forward to racing you again