Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Staff doing a great job to postpone before it's too late. Some leagues I've been in literally postpone 10 minutes after it was meant to start, just because noone (exaggeration) attended.

An off-topic story: One guy I used to race with would excuse himself post race for not attending because he got carried away with his wife. I found this hilarious because it happened more than twice.

Glad I have the opportunity to race next week for certain! I promise. My mum thanks you all too =)
    JonoStan96 and Clevohead like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, just confirming that tonight's round has been postponed to next week due to the high number of drivers unavailable.

Clevo has updated the opening post to also include a bye on the June long weekend where a lot of people are away and able to race.

Cheers
    mod-team
  3. Greasy07

Greasy07 New Recruit

Bloody mummy boys :cool: MjAxMi1mMzdiY2E5OGNlNDlhOWVh.png
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Not even joking - the sponsors on this site are getting huge value... I'm very tempted to buy that GTUltimate V2. It looks like great value for money on that seat. I would never have seriously considered it if it wasn't the first sponsor I see when I come onto the website. My plywood box designed for the DFGT just doesn't cut it anymore. I've wanted a great bucket seat for a while...
    Motors560, Ad2mny, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    The level of enjoyment goes way up when your sitting in a descent cockpit - i've never regretted spending so much money on my setup
    (apart from when the mrs found out!!)
  6. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I brought the GTUltimate V2 rig myself before joining ROOZ and I can tell you, its well worth the money. I did go from a controller to a steering wheel setup in doing so, so I am unsure of what other rigs out there are like but this one is very solid and seat is comfy (after the marathon SOO3 race win, I didnt even feel sore). The level of adjustability is ridiculous (in a good way), it took me some time to set it up to a preferred seat/pedal/wheel position but within a few months my consistency has gone up another level :D Just a little feedback for you to ponder on Crunch :)
    Crunch, JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just make sure you tell them that the ROOZ advertising is working !!!!!
    bjh1012, MINT_GTR and Clevohead like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    If the seat can be angled up at the front to such an extent that it is what's been referred to as a 'bevelled seat' like F1 / open-wheelers, then I'm sold instantly... that'll be the pinncle of awesome.

EDIT: I watched 'Justin's' review (hello, whoever that is - haha!), and it affirmed to me awesome it is. The only problem with it was that it was very biased. Reviews should have a few more criticisms than was given. In fact, I don't think there was one in the entire video. A 10/10 score.... gotta find some more reviews.
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  10. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    It's angled slightly but more like the shape of a bucket seat. Honestly call the guys at pagnian, there customer service is top notch and answered the million questions I had without a fuss :)
  11. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You could probably get a Playseat F1 for under $1000 if you looked hard enough
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    But that's not being nice to a sponsor, alrite? LOL
  13. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Ask our sponsor for a discount then ;-)
  14. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Almost everything you can think of is adjustable on the thing, except for a couple of things that either aren't adjustable or I can't work out how.

1. Steering wheel angle
    2. Seat height
    3. Seat base angle

None of the above bother me in the slightest but would be nice to have. Sometimes I think it's a matter of the more you get, the more you want. When I was setting mine up I was really amazed how versatile it is for the money
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I know it is great value for money, but for the money you do pay I would not think there would be anything to criticise? These things look extremely well built, and if the angle of the seat base did not suit, I'm sure a quick visit to Clark rubber or some such similar place could cut you a wedge of firm foam to give you the angle you want that you could put on the seat for less than the cost of a bus ticket to go get it.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I think I do have high standards then. The steering wheel angle and seat base angle are very important to me for some reason.
    The steering wheel angle has been annoying me for quite a while on my plywood box. I was going to cut the top out and re-angle it down so the front is far more flat, maybe even completely flat. Having the seat base angle to get the bevelled chair is also top-priority for me. Also the flexibility in that regard to switch back is the reason I don't want the Playseat F1.

When I'm on break and not procrastinating by posting on forums at 4am, I hope to have the time to design a rig that can be that flexible. How much does a normal car seat from the wreckers cost? My Nissan Pulsar has a knob to change the seat base angle; as an 18 year old P plater, I don't know whether that's a standard thing for seats or not, but if a '98 Pulsar has that functionality, surely a seat from the wreckers would too? On that note, I'm 6'3'' tall, and the Pulsar does not have the versatility to be set up comfortably for me even with the steering column at the highest, seat the most far back it'll go, and the base angle at 0 (no angle).
    [When you read this, you think it's not possible because there is no seat base angle so your legs must be straight and hence cannot possibly hit the wheel, but because the seat doesn't go back far enough, my legs NEED to be bent to rest on the pedals.]

My knees are permanently on either side of the wheel. Getting off-topic I know, but having my rig dimensions perfect is top priority because any car I've ever driven isn't perfect. Being at ease would be a dream in itself.

So to get back on topic, I cannot even be sure the pedals can be pushed back far beyond the wheel. My legs are very long, and those pedals need to be at least half a metre beyond the wheel. I'd LOVE to get hands on with one to see whether it suits me.

EDIT: If the GTUltimate V2 does have the kind of versatility you all say, I'll be able to move the wheel closer to me, so that makes this whole argument invalid =) This rig looks great.
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  17. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Crunch, I think pagnian are in Brisbane? Maybe they have a showroom you can try one out in?

If you are 6'3" one the the GTultimate will be is easily big enough for you. I'm only 6ft and I run the seat almost as close as it will go and the pedals about half way. There huge adjustment of seat and pedal distance so that would not be an issue.. In fact it might be one of the few you find you have enough length in
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Anyone else think straight away... Hightower from Police Academy...lol

[​IMG]
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Bernsy is out of the season and has been replaced with Jim-aka-the-man.

If you can all add him before Sunday that would be good.

Hopefully we have a pretty full grid Sunday night so it should make things very interesting.

Even with the pit glitch seemingly fixed the regs will remain unchanged until after the sprint round in a few weeks.

Hopefully catch some of you tonight if I can get online at a reasonable time.
    Stu
    WAC likes this.
  20. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    They are based at Gold Coast but unfortunately they dont have a showroom, as I was wanting to try the seat out since I am small. I also have the seat as close as possible to the wheel but have pedals almost as far back as they go. My housemate who is a 6'7" lanky giant has had a few stints and it worked really well for him so I think it shouldnt be an issue for you either :)