Division 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, i get emmo to work out a lap average over the 7 rounds which we use to help get the divs sorted each season.

I got the times last night and watched the first half lap, cant believe you went POP at the first corner.........(actually i can believe it with the crappy stability)

I know my time is a shocker, only running the soft in one stint (in the dark) wasnt a true rep of my pace, (PB was a 7 dead in prac)
    Tovey and scotty were quick in div 3. Is good having lots of guys at the same pace. makes for good racing, just wish we could have stable lobbies and full grids each week. ;)
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    There are many factors to consider when sorting divisions. Initally, qualifying for S1 was done using a standard spec road car on Apricot Hill. I'd imagine you'd get some changes in divisions if qualifying was done at Bathurst using the Ford XR8 Race Car or at Brands Hatch Indy using the Senna F3.
    The McLaren suits a certain type of driving style (not mine haha) and some people really were able to get the best out of it and for some it just didn't work.
    By your workings I should be in Div 3 or lower, but in the Senna F3 series last night I was mixing it with MINT and was only a tenth slower at Brands. If the Senna F3 was the season car I think I'd be quite competitive in Div 1.
    I agree that some shuffling may need to be done (and will be done due to a lot of late entries) but the mods do a great job at sorting some 70 plus drivers into divisions in a relatively short space of time whilst also juggling things like work, kids and family etc. Not having a crack at you CAGM7, I like your enthusiasm and that you want to drive against the best.
    I have faith that we will all be in the right div next season.

My only suggestion (to the mods), for all future seasons, once we've selected a car, have all confirmed drivers do a qualifying lap in the season car? That way, the most accurate mix will be achieved as the lap time is from the car that will be used and based upon actual performance expected. Just a thought :)
    razor4797, JonoStan96 and Stumbles like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks lee.

I think doing a lap in the season car can have some merit, we haven't in the past only because of the workload it creates. I think every season we get guys who do better than others depending on how it suits their driving style.

We take into account a whole range of things when getting the divs sorted.
    1. Qual time
    2. Practice pace
    3. Division placings
    4. League lap times
    5. reliability in terms of showing up each week ;)
    6. mates wanting to race with mates.

Its an inexact science, and a bit of a no win for us sometimes. Get someone out of position and they dont come back, or flog the opposition. Thats why we keep the seasons relatively short so we can chnage cars and div placing quickly. It changes every season though.

As they say, the cream has a habit of rising to the top.
    leeboy910 likes this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    My point exactly. Lots of factors to consider.
    If you want to try running the season car in a qualifying lap, I'd be more than happy to help sort some of the data out.
    I've got no dramas putting figures in spreadsheets and all that fun stuff, that's what half my job is anyway! Haha, one more won't hurt!
    Stumbles and stucar17 like this.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Wasn't trying to take a dig at anyone, was just stating an observation I had made while looking over the figures. I'm not questioning whether or not people were placed in the right division at season start just that over the course of the season there have been many who have stepped up and are now knocking at the doors of those in the division above.

I have no doubt that the mods are faced with an extremely difficult task in determining where everybody stands at the start of each season as they can only base their decision on past performances and obviously no one has a crystal ball to see how everything will play out. There is so many sources of variability in virtual racing and i'm aware lap times are not necessarily a true reflection of ones racing ability. I'm a prime example of this while I can generally produce a respectable lap time I am atrocious with regards to tyre ware, both in terms of the rate at which my tyres degrade and just how quickly my lap times drop off when not on a fresh set (probably why i'm so good in the wet as tyre ware goes out the window).

I apologise if anyone took offence to my comment, that was not my intention.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No offense taken at all getme.

I appreciate any feedback on the racing because at the end of the day it's about trying to give everyone the best online experience we can.

I agree 100% that there are a number of drivers who have lifted their driving over the season and the lap times certainly are a reflection of that.- through all divisions.

I did realize you are a tire eater mate. LOL. Me on the other hand, I drive around like miss daisy and pick up a few half decent results along the way !
    razor4797 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am the opposite, I seem to have lower fastest laps but can be more consistent and place higher eg tokyo & daytona
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I think you could shuffle half of div 2 & 3 between rounds and still get ppl in div.3 faster than half of div.2 the next round, its that close.

Plus there's a different psychology, driving at the front for the win, vs. struggling mid-pack after a spin or a hit. You could put most of us back a div, and see an instant improvement in lap times just coz we're suddenly battling for a win, clear of the pack.

I think ignore div2 laptimes at Spa (except Faine, WTF put that man in Div.1 yesterday!), I think most of us were phoning it in a little bit. That's what it felt like anyway.
    And I think my total race time may have been quicker than div.1, even tho my best lap puts me behind 8 of them. Eh? !
    Crunch likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    lol Good ole humble @stucar17 , 2nd in the championship with 2 wins and a podium, just cruising around in div 2...:rolleyes:
    t_b_williams and smokinscotty like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    More luck than good management I'll give you the tip !