Division 6 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    brake bias worked a treat for me stu. I had my traction on 6 and abs on 6 just cant drive with my heavy foot in the rain without traction. seemed to work well for me in the end.
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  3. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Very similar lap times consistent times throughout the whole field would of been a close race on a dry track
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Would of been close if I didn't have so many off's in the first 5 laps, suppose that is what you get for not practising o_O
    CPTNPEACH and bjh1012 like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Full credit to all of you racing each week with a small grid. Am trying to get a few more for you, congrats on sticking it out guys. Hopefully col will be back next week.
    Clevohead and CPTNPEACH like this.
  6. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    I was surprised I even polled. I didn't do any more then 10 laps before tonight's practice and just found my breaking points and went from there.
    stucar17 and Clevohead like this.
  7. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    What a great race, well done Peach especially after only 10 laps practice!
    I had a nightmare time of it, Was in a practice room beforehand no worries, then come race time, can't see the room. Running around the house rebooting routers, ps3 etc, had almost given up then made it into the room just in time for race start, giving me last position.

This may have worked in my favour as it let me hang back from any carnage at turn one. Managed to get up to 2nd within a few laps (more through other peoples error's than my skill:) ) and tried to hunt down Pat with Peachy hot on my tail. Got close enough to taste his exhaust then made an error which let Peach past and I struggled to recover my mojo after that. For the next 10 laps or so I couldn't do anything right, spun 3 times and hit the wall at least twice.

The last 4 or 5 laps I got my act together and started gaining on Peach but it was too little too late. All in all still very happy with the result considering I thought I wasn't going to start at all.

This week will be interesting, I'm going away tomorrow so no practice for me after tonight till late Sunday arvo:(
    CPTNPEACH and Clevohead like this.
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Did you run the 3 x ps3's last night on the triple screens?
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    i was running them in practice earlier, very, very awesome, makes cockpit view the preferred view by far in the macca,

but no, when I was struggling to see the room I turned them off incase they were the issue and it takes ages to get it all booted up and set right after that so I didnl;t bother.

I did discover one interesting thing in practice last night. in cockpit view, you see rain on the windscreen and the dashboard works in a RACE only not in any practice
    Clevohead likes this.
  11. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    1:13:826 was my fastest practice time tonight. Happy with that everything changes on race day but.
  12. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Oh bugger, you are smashing it! and here's me with no more practice till Sunday arvo:(
    I didn't ditch you guys tonight, couldn't see the room when I came back from fixing my mic
    pat65 and CPTNPEACH like this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TIRE REGS FOR THIS WEEK.

RACE SOFT TIRES
    WEAR : NORMAL
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  14. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Congratulations to @CPTNPEACH on the win, and @motho and @pat65 for filling out the podium. Well done to @Clevohead on catching up enough to overtake me on the LAST PARABOLICA when I tripped up on a backmarker that was still trying to race around the last corner instead of stepping aside. Seems to be a lot of that happened through most divisions this week.

Anyone who thinks this may apply to them should probably watch the replay of Monaco from last night to see what backmarkers do when a lead lap racer is coming up their ass flashing the high beams to get the f%$# out of the way.
  15. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Would have to agree with purple. Not sure if the back mwrker saw me coming but for a lap he didn't pull to the side and brake so I could lap him. Ended up spinning in front of me I hit him and got a 5 second penalty. Not upset about it just pull to the side if the person behind is trying to lap.
  16. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    The incident peach is referring to happened on lap 17 and yes I lost control came off the track and tried to correct it back on the track. I came back onto the track and then peaches ran up the back of me, had I realised you were I wouldn’t have pulled back onto the track were I did. I apologised on the night and I do apologise again, sorry mate.

Just to clarify also, my replay shows you behind me (6th), not lapping me. That race was a hard one for me, not having the back end step out on me was my primary focus. I look forward to the next race and being a bit more competitive.

Purpledog Im not sure if you having a swipe at me, as I recall you passed me when I came off the track and I waited for you pass before I rejoined. Then you spun and I passed you, so im not sure where the issue is?
  17. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
  18. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    some times it's hard when we are new to racing to look every where all the time no one that i know pull's
    out on purpose:)
    Ad2mny and Peter Wise like this.
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Saw your fastest lap time BJ - very nice mate.
  20. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Thanks Joe race went well