GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done skywalker, I'll be going on Sunday. I would also like to have a chat with the sony rep to see if they are willing to get involved with site.
    MINT_GTR and Anon666 like this.
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Good luck with it :)
  3. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    A massive good luck to warrior and Mustafur this weekend :D looking forward to meeting you guys at nationals #roozatnationals
    Mustafur likes this.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Looks like Mustafur is through from his post on GT Planet ;)
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Bloody brilliant mate!
    You've done yourself and ROOZ proud!

I'm heading there in an hour or so to give it a crack, despite being ineligible for at least another year or so.
    Mustafur likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Did you get your manual license
  7. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    With mus now in, the pressure is now on me. At home I've been doing consistant 3.0's and I would be very happy to just get a 3.9 tomorrow.
    Mustafur, MINT_GTR and S_CLOSE like this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I suggest going as early as possible, as they will allow you to do the 1x10 option without many people there and also unlimited Bathurst practise so you can get used to the rig.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    No
  10. Benjamin J Smith

That might set you back when you go to compete
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    In NSW your green Ps allow manual even if you did your reds as Automatic.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    My day on the rig wasn't bad at all!

Of course, the idiot inside of me emerged when I went into the Dick Smith and wondered where the hell the simulator was. Asking where is was, I went TO THE WRONG DICK SMITH! It wasn't at the Plaza like I thought it was.

So, I headed to Mulgoa Rd saw the Altima V8. I signed up, and hopped in for a run at Bathurst. My eyes were burning, I've never sat as close to a TV in my life. Despite a hairy moment at the Dipper, the Sony guy said I was the fastest driver of the day so far, and I'll probably get a free copy of GT6. Yey.

Onto the qualifier, and initially, the steering didn't fell as bad as what I had been practicing on. Still, when I say practice, I only had one 5 lap run the night before lol

1st lap was a 1:04.989, not bad. 2nd lap, 1:04.888. 3rd lap I got it down to a 1:04.701. I could have gone faster, but I ran wide at Stowe on lap 4. On lap 5, I was slow onto the Hangar straight. Sadly, I wasn't allowed anymore laps. The guy said I was around 4 tenths off qualifying for the finals. Which irked me since didn't MINT get 10 laps? And, I knew I could have got into a 1:03 if I got it all hooked up. But it didn't matter. I was happy to get some consistent laps in, all in the 1:04's.

The NISMO chick seemed pretty impressed with my speed, hehe... Maybe I might have an extra copy of GT6 coming in the mail soon to sell for cash. Congrats to you Mustafur, absolutely outstanding mate. Good luck tomorrow Warrior, you'll get in easy, I have no doubt. I'm excited to have another go in a year or two when I'm fully eligible, and no doubt be even more skilled at GT. To all who make it, it's an opportunity of a lifetime, take the chance and run with it!

Cheers, Jono.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I did the same N64 lol, but I went soo early I was still the first one there when I went to the one at mulgoa road lol.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just got back after doing a 1:03.717 and I did go to right store, haha. The guy said that put me about 5th. I can see what you guys are saying about the rigs, the pedals are tilted too much, the wheel is a bit to far to reach and you can't move the seat anymore forward because the gear stick is in the way, but you can get used to that. What I found the most difficult was adjusting to the screen, its like it was set to the narrowest setting.
  15. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Congratulations warrior and Mustafur :) Can't wait for nationals, where we can bring our absolute best with a strong possibility of a ROOZ member making it to the next international stage.

Now bring on the online time trial where we can hopefully get more ROOZ guys through :)
  16. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Congratulations mint, mustafur, and warrior, it sounds like you's have successfully made it through. Hopefully I'll be able to make the top 14 through the online qualifier and be able to join you's at nationals :)
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Alright guys final round starts this afternoon. For everyone from ROOZ having a crack, give it your best and hopefully we can get more of us through to the nationals. Might be worth sharing pointers here if you find yourself faster in a section then someone else
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Actually about those pointers.....

Mint, warrior or Mustafur...

Want to do my lap for me?
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. MINT_GTR

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Umm no but I have only one pointer, move to Thailand/Mexico/Middle East/India and qualify there :cool::p
    Anon666 likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Nah I will pass, will end up getting involved with the wrong crowds or working in a Telstra call centre.
    MINT_GTR likes this.