Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Nice review Castro.
    And those brake markers! I know EXACTLY! what you are on about!
    The bloody names of everyone are at the exact height as those markers and can really catch you out!
    Last season I almost ruined a couple of guys laps coz their names were covering up those same markers. Ended up spearing right through one of them but was lucky enough that I ghosted at the right time!
    I was quite aware of it during this last race so rather that using the actual marks, I was using the bottom of the poles lol
    bjh1012 likes this.
  2. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Hey fellas, I'm deeply sorry for not making the sprint round, my wifi screwed up big time. So I tried letting u guys know via the Hungry jacks wifi and that's was screwed up :/ hope u guys enjoyed yourselves :)
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Had another look at the replay and it doesn't show contact on either view.
    Though I did notice a very slight jolt to revhead's car at the same time where you speared off to the left, as if to suggest there was a tap there? Can't say for certain though as there was no sudden movement in RPM until revhead accelerated shortly afterwards.
    I'd say it may have been a very slight lag punt if anything.
  4. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Hey guys will be racing tonight yay! I've got 3 exams this week but its a public holiday tomorrow so I have got a night off from study woohoo!

Haven't fired up GT6 since the race at monza, however im still pretty keen for a race :cool:

Edit - Ok no racing tonight bugger, welp enjoy the by all :)
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    There will be people online for some practice runs, jump in and get your fix.
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. revhead_1000

revhead_1000 New Recruit

PSN ID
    revhead_1000 / Revhead2Undead
    Hey Guys, sorry but wasnt able to race last night and forgot to let you guys know in advance. Also due to my exams I need to devote time to studying I will not be in the next 2 races at least, potentially all of them. If I am to race will make sure I am on at 8. GL for next race
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    There was no race yesterday mate, will be held next weekend
  8. revhead_1000

revhead_1000 New Recruit

PSN ID
    revhead_1000 / Revhead2Undead
    Yeah Realised after, the rest still applies though.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK. Now for Round 5 - Daytona Road.

Settings are:
    Tyres - Racing Soft
    Fuel/tyre wear - Fast
    Start time - 3am
    Time progression - 10

Please Note: The "correct" pit exit is around to the left, so when you take control of the car from the AI you must take the narrow track to the left. This lessens the chance of catastrophic collisions. PLEASE PRACTICE THIS - IT'S A WEE BIT PAINFUL!!
  10. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Here is a Youtube video showing how the pit exit works :)
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It was late when I posted the race settings last night and I didn't run through much of an explanation about them.
    As has happened in previous seasons, the game has had an update that has changed the landscape. We want the Sunday league to incorporate real world racing options, while still being easily accessible to everyone from noobs to aliens. Recently pitstops have been off limits due to the glitch. It's gooooone!!! So, we have decided to get the pitstops back into our races immediately.

Now, if we are doing pitstops, we need to create a reason to pit. Wear on normal is not fast enough and the tyres and fuel last forever -some FL's have happened in the final third of the race as the loss of grip is negated by the loss in weight from fuel burn. If we force a pitstop you could pit anytime from lap 1 to the penultimate lap. Now with wear on fast, it is pretty good for the tyres, but insane for the fuel. Sadly we can't adjust these independently, so it has to do.

We will review tyre choice before each round till season end. I have run with people from multiple divisions a few times now and everyone was struggling with the RM's at Daytona, especially at night. The grip is less at night, and when you are in a crowd, the draft understeer is vicious. The RS's are quicker, but just make the car a heap more stable, and I think across the divisions there will be a thumbs up on this choice. The other problem with the RM's is, well, they just don't wear out!! The RS's will wear and make you respect the corners that little bit more during the last few laps before you pit or take the flag.

So with 3 races to go, let's get some big numbers across all the rooms and have some intense, clean racing!!
    VARDZ and Peter Wise like this.
  12. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    div 6 guys will be running a proper practice tonight from 8:30 EST. This is to test pit strategy and tyre wear with racing softs now the tyre of choice. Everyone is welcome to join and the room will be open from 8pm. My psn username is CPTNPEACH.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Just a quick reminder to room captains - make sure you set the room to weak penalties.
    JAKO155 likes this.
  14. CJC Racing

CJC Racing New Recruit

PSN ID
    mickdundee308
    Hi all.

I'd like to see the race settings posted a wee bit sooner than the week of the race if possible. Thanks
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah sorry cjc, is probably my fault, but was away for the week with work and then all the other stuff going on haven't had a chance to tidy it all up. We also waited to confirm all the changes with the updates before we confirmed the settings. Not ideal I know, but with the other stuff that has happened this week am sure you can cut us a little slack.

Thankfully anon and the others have been on it, and have it sorted

Cheers stu
  16. CJC Racing

CJC Racing New Recruit

PSN ID
    mickdundee308
    Yeah Stu, I'm just thinking perfect world stuff. Definitely can cut some slack, no issue there.

Thanks
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hi guys,
    Some of you may have heard that I just welcomed a new baby boy into my family on Friday.
    We weren't expecting him to come so early, so I thought I'd still be able to make this race without any issues, unfortunately that's not the case anymore lol
    I would like to continue racing if he decides to be a good boy, but I can't predict anything. :)
    I may or may not be racing tomorrow night and the remaining races, so I will need to pass on hosting and results responsibilities to someone else. Hopefully JAKO155 will be able to continue hosting, but if he can't, would one of you guys be able to step up?
    Thanks in advance and hope I see you all around still!
    pat65, stucar17, Ad2mny and 1 other person like this.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys,

BJs wwife Brenda messaged me last night and asked if Bruces car could be parked in the pits for tonights race.

I have replied that we will do everything we can to honor Bruce and this would be a fitting tribute to our friend.

That said, im not quite sure how we do it, given Brenda will have to log his car into the room. I have asked if that is what she wants, or if she would like one of us to add his car and number on another account. (from someone not running the race obviously)

Any ideas on how we make this work if Brenda doesnt log his car in herself ?

stu
  19. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Unsure if I can make it tonight, trying to get some study done today so I can.

Im still in shock about BJ, he was such a great person and really you could see in time he was going to be one of the faster drivers in the community.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Stu, I will put my hand up to act as Bj's car if Brenda can't make it on with his account.
    It's only fitting as Div5 co-captain and host, whilst also ushering in a new life into this world, that I step up and do this on his behalf.
    I will have my car painted and numbered as Bj's and will represent the man himself in a race he never got the chance to challenge for.

If you guys are willing, and I do take up Bruce's spot, I have an idea.
    Qualify as normal.
    As the race starts, 'Bruce' will start from the back of the grid.
    As the lights go green, everyone will wait on the line as 'Bruce' makes his way to the front.
    Once there we will honour his memory in a parade lap.
    As we make our way into the last stretch, 'Bruce' will peel off into the pits and everyone else can start the race.

Thoughts?