IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

A few drinks would be an awesome idea! I should drag you ... and a your missus, if you have one ... up to the forest for a few bongs and single malts ;)

But drinks in the city would be cool too ... I wouldn't mind seeing the big lights one more time before I go all wup-wup-ville :lol:

And I'm tellin' ya man ... just count ... it will give you something to think about, if that's how your mind wants to work ... and it will give you the vehicle to hold your rhythm ... just count out those "1"s ... :cool:

(Edit) Re Drinks -- Or, we could throw a shout out to all Melb (or near Melb) Rooz, and see if anybody else fancies a few drinks ... maybe even take in a game (whatever code), or is there a race day somewhere close in the next couple of weeks? ... just an idea :)
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Qualified with a 1:52.7. Optimum is down to 1:51.8. Pulled a 1:52.9 with full race trim (60L of fuel) in a prac session just now... even bet a couple of optimum sectors.

Pole is a 1:50.7!!!! But that time above has got me 5th in Div2 (12th overall), missing 4th by a bees dick. So that guy on pole is alien as bro. :p
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

How would I ever make it out of the forest, I could leave some breadcrumbs. I'd probably eat them.

Melb ROOZ drinks sounds great. I'm going on holidays from June 8th. How does June 1st sound? Everyone who attends needs to write their screen name on their forehead in black marker so we know who is who :D
  5. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Nice times!!

Did you end up doing a race?
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate... :D Nah unfortunately the one race I had time to sign up for on the weekend didn't go official.... :/ only one or two sessions per weekend do by the look of it.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I did get a race in the Caddi in on the weekend. Gee wizz. the Caddi should NOT be a rookie class car, rookies cannot drive it!!

I must admit I had my own moment due to a lack of testing off the start line.. but, with little practise in this car, I became 1 of only 2 drivers, from a field of 12, to actually finish the race and consquently recaptured the win. The other split had a similar result with, from memory, only 5 drivers of a similar or larger field finishing...

With that standard of driving I don't think I'll be racing the Caddi in official races much at all.. a pity, because it's a fun car that could make for some good racing.
  8. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

The 1st sounds fine to me. We should have a few pints, then find a arcade with 'Super Sprint' (the ol' 80s Atari game) and get a league going ;)
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I going to Melb on the 1st for my Niece's 21'st, we be in a pub in Hawthorne some where, so if ya close i might be able to sneak away for a quick drinky poo.
  10. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

last night we had around 10 drivers join a pit party at Okiyama - I must say it started off with 3 of my mates then it grew to 10 car train, was awesome fun in Prac sesh - and we all had some really close battles running all on 60litres... lets just say this race will be TUFF
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer real tough on my setup. Just did a race in the second split of the Americas V8 race and had pole with a 132.6. Had 56% left on the front right tire after 13 laps in the second stint. Had to fend of second place in the last 3 corners to get the win, just got it with a few bumps from behind. Need to work on the race setup to get a few more laps out of the right tire.
  12. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    That's the way bones get that iRating up.
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    well done Bonus!!
  14. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

News on NTM for V8s? Yah or Nah
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Its on the NTM now and they have reduced the 4x penalties. Some didn't notice it was on the NTM, but those who drive the car a lot say its feeling good. Might give Sam a ring, I see he been on it for most of the day.
  16. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Thanks Bones for the update - ill jump on tonight and test it for a hour or so
  17. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I'll be on as soon as I get home, just 1 more hour of work, can't wait to try it.
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Getting sent home now, been coughing into the office air conditioner return duct all day and sending emails warning of the danger of office transmitted influenza through sealed air conditioner units. Took a while but it worked.
  19. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    That's the way, let's get on it.
  20. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    For anyone that was unlucky enough to not escape their cave today.... iRacing has signed Bathurst with them coming down late 2012 to scan and release in 2013.

Can't wait.