IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Like Dave said, you won't really need much "help" as such. You seem skilled enough to do just fine in iRacing.
    Of course if you get into iRacing, we will do some rookie races with you, and help you out where you'll need it.
    It will be good to see another Rooz member get into iRacing.
  3. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    That is the most ghetto G27 setup I think I have ever seen ;)

It looks really uncomfortable :/
  5. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Ugh why do people sit like that
  6. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    jeez that does look awful... he must be like 4ft tall LOL but good on him if it works
  7. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

LOL maybe ur missing my point

Even with him sitn like that, his wheel layin on the bed not fixed down so it doesn't move around when he turns & shifts, washing basket & mag wheel at the end, pedals on the floor to the left using his "left foot" rather than right for all requirements (perhaps that normal where he lives)

And the :):):):):):) is driving a mustang better than I (& prob most of you) can drive a mazda
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    That dude could shave about half a second off his lap time if he shifted earlier.

Not sure why I give a :):):):) enough to even say that. Merry Christmas though.
  9. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    AussieCol
    I've just been surfing through the iRacing statistics page and your stats caught my eye. Shocked me, if I'm honest.
    You've racked up more road race starts than me. 168 v my 167. The part I find amazing about this is, you've only been racing road since November 2012. I've been iRacing since July 2011.
    Thats some commitment right there.. Jesus. Won't be long and you'll surpass Neishy. haha
  10. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    any one know how to set up a dfgt wheel for iracing
    i tried to set it up but iracing would not recognise it
    i need help
  11. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

12. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    no i dont have the latest drivers where do i get them
  13. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    because the wheel self centres do you have to manualy calibrate
  14. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Col see the coloured underlined writing in my previous post, thats a "weblink" which will (usually) take you straight to whatever someone is discussing in any thread (or forum), Put your mouse currsor over the writing and click on it with your left mouse button

Yes, when in iracing setup page like the guy shows you in the video

I know it's very frustrating, is for me also at times, but be patient you'll get there and be kickn my but on the track in no time ;)
  15. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    but how do you do that against the force feed frightened i will brake suthing or do you disconect the ff when calibrating
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

17. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Yes but what stands out/matters to me is this;
    Starts Win% Top 5's
    Me - 168 00.60% 66
    Bones - 169 02.36% 38
    Nathan - 44 04.55% 26
    Neishy - 582 15.97% 299
    Dustin - 109 16.51% 64
    Beau - 167 33.52% 115
    Koaster - 71 39.43% 61 (and his complaining about a few non at fault incidents so hasn't been racing? I envious :/)

Out of interest Neishy do you recall what your % at 170 odd races was, how am I going in comparrision?

Perhaps if I'd had hindsight & done more of what I'm now suggesting to Jamie and other newbies those stats would look a hell of alot better.
    But I'm enjoying most of it and even if I come last through my own doing thats all that matters.
    It's when other #^%s without any concideration for others waltze into an official race clearly/selfishly without any prior testing/practice etc stuff up my race using my rear bumper as a brake or whatever reckless stupidity they do to cause x4 etc that I then need to give myself a little break before I break something, sure most of you understand that, hey Nieshy
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks for the stats plug! :p

LOL A couple of non at fault incidents isn't why I haven't been racing. Although it is frustrating, and by the time I've had a little break so I don't break something too there's not usually enough time left in the day! Just been hell busy with other things or completely knackered and I'm a kinda all or nothing guy... don't wanna give something a half arse go and like you I don't want to mess up someone elses race because I haven't put in enough practise.
  19. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

I'm sure I read that somewhere a couple of days ago :/
    Wonder how they'd look if you risked your irating etc a bit more often?

Do you advanced guys have any experience or knowledge about this? The Continental Endurance Sports Car Series wondering if it would be a good thing for me to cut my teeth on for endurance come Bathurst or would my time be better spent elsewhere?

Actualy, rookie race training in the V8 (not in the way of official C-class racing etc) would preferably be what I should be looking for, bit more challenging than practice rooms & ghosting, would like to be up to speed come Bathurst (why I joined). Perhaps now we have a few newbies like myself we could start hosting a race training room or something?

Suggestions
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I was complaining the other day that I finally had enough time to spend on a decent practise-qual-race session only to be crashed out early on with not enough time to give it another shot... and exclaimed that something and bit more plug and play perhaps like Stockcar 2012 would be good for an alternative when I have less time (and energy) to spend.... but not the reason I haven't been racing.

Hosted sessions can be good. Depending what time and day I would be keen for a ROOZ v8 race training session.