IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'd be keen to organise a new rooz league.
    Like our past leagues. Only betterer.
  2. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

I just recon I'd benifit alot more from the presure of actual racing but I don't want to be an ass & go in official races where I'm stuffing up other guys (like youself). No real presure other than my own in practice & ghost, whole different experience in a race, get on firsts tail with third up my bum trying to dive and I forget to breath & can feel my heart thumping like maybe I'm about to have a heart attack, as long as 1st dosnt brake too hard & 3rd dosn't put us both out its a real buzz
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    We often do a 'pit party' in official practise session for the same pressure situation. Just leave from the pits in a train and go wheel to wheel for a few laps. Great fun, and you're right, harder to perform under pressure.
  4. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    just had a go with the iracing this morning about 1 o clock im using the pcs onboard graphics im getting 84 frames with the onboards is this good or bad ??
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    sorry about almost flipping the guy in the pits last night in practise but i cannot help it if the guys car looked the same as Neisey but it was fun
    i have to get into some serious practise though but thanks for an enjoyable evening guys
    as i need some cheering up under the sercumstances at the moment
    once again thanks guys
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    That's a decent enough fps. So that is running minimum graphics settings is it?
  7. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    no its running as class 5 with the standard graphics gpu... i imagine once i get my gpx card i will be able to run it at max
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    E, take note of the minimum fps you see, you want that to remain at or above 60fps, this is the number you'll want to avoid any choppyness and thus input lag and other such gremlins, you may even be able to turn a few of the settings up a touch even with your onboard graphics, sounds to me like even a low end discrete gpu would smash iRacing out of the park, what card are you planning on getting?
  9. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i dont know something something 660x something something $139
  10. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i tried turning gpx up to class 3 but the frames dropped by about 20 to 30 so i daresay this pcs almost powerful enuff to run it on its own
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I take it you're running a single screen only?.. From what I've read, AMD GPU's tend to offer better performance than nVidia GPU's when it comes to iRacing, it sounds like you're talking about the GeForce GTX 660 but there's no way you'll get a new one for $130, it's a strong card though, it's just that the competing AMD card may offer better performance for iRacing.
  12. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    got told to stay away from AMD for IRL because the engine is based off NVidia and AMD cards dont like it
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I'm on AMD and running in the 200fps with three screens at some tracks but over 100fps most of the time
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds pretty good actually. You should test it in traffic as well. Some tracks are more graphics intensive than others, so test out a few... Suzuka for instance (which you won't have yet) always drops my frame rate a bit.

I've capped my frames at 100. As long as it's over 50ish I don't really notice the difference.

Not sure how reliable that info is. I run an AMD Raedon HD6970 with no issues. A few other guys run similar cards. In fact, if triple-screens might be a future option, these cards are recommended. As Snake said, I found that for the same or lesser price I could get a higher performance card out of AMD than nVidia.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: yea that session was a riot Colin! great fun.
  16. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ha KoAStR sorry about almost flipping that guys car last night
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I don't know who told you that E but as far as I'm aware it's the other way around, for example a flagship Radeon HD 7970 will almost always outperform nVidia's GTX 680 in iRacing even though in most other games they are pretty well on par with each other, I admit I'm not as schooled up on the mid end cards but I would assume it would be a similar situation.
  18. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Another AMD user here
  19. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    and another
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz