ACC 2022 NORA X ROOZ INTERLEAGUE CHALLENGE SERIES

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Feb 26, 2022.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Background/History
    In 2021 Japanese sim-racer Ziggy Katsuya (@zKatsuya) and NORA community leader and myself crossed paths in the most unfortunate way when I was attempting to unlap myself in an impatient move during an 8hr Misano race.

SKIP TO 4:31:10
    After the conclusion of my stint I endeavoured to reach out and apologise to Katsuya where he kindly invited me to take part in his NORA community, since then we have tried our best to organise an interleague competition but with the work life and time zone differences between countries it has been a difficult task…
    …that is until now!

With the shift to winter time for NSW and Victoria (Yes, we know the rest of Australia… shhh) we have managed to set some preliminary dates for a 3 races series that will hopefully allow for the highest level of participation from both communities, our initial target is to have 20 drivers/teams from each league for a 40 car grid in each race and since there are 3 races there will should be opportunities for drivers from all different speeds and skills to participate.

The provisional schedule that we have discussed for the 3 race series can be seen outlined in the table below:​

[​IMG]

Current Discussions
    In the discussions I’ve had with Katsuya I did let him know that it’s not possible for the races the races to finish too late as many people in ROOZ need to work the next day, conversely people in the Japan/NORA appear to often finish work later and so generally prefer later races. Having weekday sprint races that finish by 11pm AEST was a key part of organising this series and this will appear to work reasonably well for both of our communities.

The 3rd race will be a team race which will require driver swaps and will be a 2-4hr endurance race but since this will happen on the weekend the times will be much more flexible when we finally schedule the event.

Representation and Sportsmanship
    One of the most important things about this competition is that it is a ‘just for fun’ series, we’re all racers and love to be competitive but there are no stakes in these races, just bragging rights. If you’ve been involved in any ROOZ race before it should carry the same spirit as one of our events: fun, competitive but most importantly respectful. I’ve had the great fortune to have had many fantastic battles with some of their drivers and can confidently say that they race with the same respect in NORA that we do in ROOZ and if you want to represent ROOZ in these races it is important to maintain this respectful and polite standard. Some of the drivers in NORA are exceptionally fast and skilled, they will give our best drivers some strong competition but equally there should be good competition right down the field as well.

Feedback
    Now that you’ve read this, what do you need to do? Let us know if you have any comments on this series and if you’re interested in participating. There will be a lot more information released later as we start discussing the details but we’re looking forward to what will hopefully be a fun competition!

Discord
    NORA is Japanese community and so it should be noted that their discord is mostly in Japanese and only a few of their members are confident in communicating in English, Katsuya is very proficient in English and is very happy to help communicate what is happening with regards to their events and often posts in English as well to help accommodate.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  2. CornfordCaster

[​IMG]
    This could be a possibility for the track selection for the series. I was wondering if ROOZ had a favourite track we might vote for but we might end up doing a collective vote between the leagues for the final race.
    krunch likes this.
  3. CornfordCaster

What cars/classes and formats/rules do people want to see for these races?

GT4 and Multi-Class are an options for these events and it would be interesting to try different cars in the these races. Do you want to sick with that same cars for each race?

Here is a survey, please take a look!
    >> https://forms.gle/FqX2iJNsnrF1Cz9VA <<​
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    krunch likes this.
  4. CornfordCaster

If this link does not work for you then please copy and paste it into your browser.
    krunch likes this.
  5. CornfordCaster

Final Series Info Breakdown
    Race Rules
    • No Mandatory Stops requirements in all 3 races
    • You do NOT need to change tyres
    • You do NOT need to refuel
    If you are doing third 2hr Spa race then logically you will need to pit and most of the cars are BOP'd so that they only can just make 65 minutes or so fuel so you will need to make a stop.

Points System
    In this series the overall goal is for the league to be the overall victor and so we are essentially working as two big teams, the top 15 from each race will receive points following the system pictured below.​

[​IMG]

There are no additional points awarded for Pole Position or Fastest Lap.

Car Choice
    Each race has an open car choice and you are free to change cars in each race that your participate in, you are not locked into using the car that you use in your first race.

There are no set car/driver numbers, if you race with a popular number it is first come first served.

Server Access
    All of these races do NOT have an entrylist so you asked to not provide any of the server information to people who have not formally expressed interest in participating. The servers will be just password locked only.

TBA

noraxrooz

noraxrooz

Server Race Settings
    The details for the races such as temperature, rain and session times will be listed in the relevant discord channel.

If there is any missing information that you have questions about then please don't hesitate to ask anywhere that I might read it.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2022
    krunch likes this.
  6. CornfordCaster

Series 2 Info Breakdown

This is a not serious competition and should be treated as a friendly sets of races

Races
    • 28/08 - GT3 Team Endurance @ Bathurst
    • 02/09 - Camaro GT4 @ COTA (Single Make)
    Rules
    • No Mandatory Stops requirements in all 2 races
    • You do NOT need to change tyres
    • You do NOT need to refuel
    If you are doing Bathurst Endurance race then logically you will need to pit and most of the cars are BOP'd so that they only can just make 70 minutes or so fuel so you will need to make a stop.

Points System
    Information on the Points System for this second series is still to be confirmed however it will likely follow the previous scoring system used in the April/May

The top 15 from each race will receive points following the system pictured below.​

[​IMG]

There are no additional points awarded for Pole Position or Fastest Lap.

Car Choice
    The Endurance Race will be an open choice of GT3 car.
    The Sprint Race will be a single make race using the Camaro GT4.

There are no set car/driver numbers, if you race with a popular number it is first come first served, this includes number nominations for the team race.

Team Assignment
    This event will require an early signup so that we are able to create and entrylist for both race and practice server uses. Please take the initiative to message people about making a team ASAP and take advantage of the #find-a-team discord channel as well as this post.

Server Access
    The Bathurst Endurance race on the 28th of August will require the creation on an entrylist and more information related to this will posted here and in the relevant discord channels when available.

TBA

noraxrooz

Server Race Settings
    The details for the races such as temperature, rain and session times will be listed in the relevant discord channel.

If there is any missing information that you have questions about then please don't hesitate to ask anywhere that I might read it.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

One thing I'd like to see is points awarded for places lower than 15, say all the way down to 30. Last time I raced in one of these, and being outside the top 15, I only realised afterwards that I hadn't actually contributed any points, which was a bit of a let down.
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  8. CornfordCaster

Krunch mentioned something like this from last time, I'll bring it up with Katsuya and see what can do. :thumbsup:

I think extending the points on the solo Sprint Race will be an easy enough thing but depending how many teams there are for the Team Enduro 15 might be close to correct for that.
    Wally likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    krunch likes this.