Ambrose Watkins Glen - As Raced Die-Cast

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sirdave, Jun 3, 2012.

1. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Finally got my Die-Cast of Ambrose's winning car at Watkins Glen. Never bought one before - they look great.

Some pics: Ambrose No9
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thats pretty neat, like the details on the 1/4 panel.

I saw him race @ the Lennox 301 in 2009 at Loudon, New Hampshire. Marcos was racing the #47 Camry at the time, some rain showers came over around lap 270 and when the showers started ambrose climbed around 13 spots in 2 laps when every one backed off and he kept the hammer down. The bought out the drier trucks and the drizzle set in so they called the race at lap 273 giving the victory to Joey Logano youngest all time Sprint cup winner. Gayboy Geoff Gordon came third and can't remember who came second.
  3. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

That would have been great to see. At least one cup race is definitely on my bucket list!
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Nice pics man! I'm not a fan of Nascar, but that looks sweet!
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    It was awesome, the sound was sooo loud we lasted 3 laps max without earplugs and then we had to put them in.

Before the race it is like the wrestling with the stage and runway and they announce every driver and they come when called and pyrotechnics and :):):):) go off, and the crowd goes nuts. When Ambrose come out me and Muz were standing on our seats yellin an yahooin and we we were the only ones cheering for Ambrose, the whole place was quiet, and all the Yanks were looking at us like we were crazy, these two fat Tasmanians carring on :D
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Don't listen to CHEV he is 1 of those sobbie girl F1 sorts :lol: :p just stirring M8..

wicked pic m8....
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Aussie, F1 is where it's at ya bum, haha, seriously though, I don't mind watching a bit of Nascar myself and it's certainly something I'd like to experience if I ever made it to the states, sweet photo's too!