GT6 BJH Memorial Race of Champions - Season 10

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Aug 14, 2016.

?

Which track whould we hold the event at?

1. Monza 80's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sierra

15.4%
  3. RedBull Ring Short

23.1%
  4. Apricot Hill Raceway Reverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ascari

23.1%
  6. Circuito di Roma

7.7%
  7. Daytona International Road Course

30.8%
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Knuckles we will line up in the order slowest division to fastest. When the lights go out the Div 3 guys start, when the times passes 1 second??. the div 2 guys start, then when the timer hits 10 seconds the Dv 1B boys start, then at the 17 seconds mark the Div 1 boys start.
    I was two seconds a lap slower than Warrior at that round so over 16 laps I will probably lose 32 seconds, with a 17 seconds start on Warrior he will probably pass me about lap 8. You will probably have a better chance because your handicap is based on the combination of the div 3 best lap times so you will have a good chance. Even @Bluemoon who was a half second quicker than me is going to have to find about half a second a lap over his PB.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Knuckles likes this.
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Ta. Ive had no practice. Hopefully get on after the V8s. PS. Anyone else but tander would of had a black flag straight away.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes 16 laps.
    Yes @emmo46 you start last of the Div 3 boys. (grid is in the OP)

@Knuckles, Emmo got it right. Each division starts together. Your FL's are averaged together. But since you are in the lowest div we have atm, you just start at lights out.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Got it. Thanx
  5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Sorry for the only 1 sec handicap. :). Though not sure why it's only 1s. The others in div2 where .5s a lap faster.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Good luck guys :)
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'll check the math quickly.
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The guys in ROC weren't half a second quicker than you. (averaged together)
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    TB: can you add me and knuckles?
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well done. @Knuckles !!!!! Our new Champion!!!!!!!!
  12. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    sorry guys my ps3 seems to not let me load Daytona any more been trying to fix it for hours but no luck .. well done to knuckles ...
    Knuckles likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Uggggh so close to the win but not quite enough. Felt weird being the one doing the chasing unlike last ROC where i was being chased down. Kinda like Ricciardo tonight in the F1 needed another lap or 2 to make the move. Only mishap of the race was lap 2 trying to hard to get by Emmo put me wide and off the road at turn one apart from that pretty much a faultless race for myself. I couldn't quite believe i went 1.3 seconds quicker than my qualifying lap time in the league racing and was only a tenth off Warrior in the race that itself feels like a win :thumbsup:.
    But seriously big congrats to Knuckles i personally haven't raced you before but from what i could see you controlled the race very well and were a deserving winner so congratulations you now have won bragging rights for the season ;)
    warrior2167, JonoStan96 and Knuckles like this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Cheers mate. Yep another lap or two i was probably toast. My race was pretty solid, basiically eveylap was the same pace and was lucky to have no mistakes.
    Apex_64 and Motors560 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I really enjoyed racing the quick guys despite putting myself and @Bluemoon out of contention in the first minute by trying an inside move where moon was taking a much wider entry than I on the last right hander before the left on to the banking. It had worked perfectly on the first trial start but this time as our lines converged I mustn't have left him as much room as I thought and a touch was enough to put him into the grass, In despair I almost stopped to redress so that when he got by me again I had lost a lot of momentum and was about 4 seconds behind him when we got up to speed. From there it was just a matter of waiting until the divs 1B and 1 guys arrived which was later than I thought. The Div 1 guys seemed to be holding each other up as even after they caught and passed me I was able to keep up and even get by them again as they tripped over each other. I was saved from the wooden spoon by poor @its-benny-racer who had a couple of wobbly moments which allowed me get past and then hold him off at the end. I had one thrilling moment going into the bus stop with Warrior on my left and Bryan on my right. It shows what great racers those guys are that we actually got through. There was a bit of grass flying but we all survived. Great racing :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  18. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007