ROCKET L. (Cancelled) ROOZ Rocket League - Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Beau_Albert, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Not sure who was getting the result from our game, my internet was stuffing up though so I ended up getting disconnected.
  2. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    I'll get them off foot
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  4. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Anything happening here...?
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah, they will be posted tonight. Was following up for match screenshots but they haven't came in so 2 teams will be suffering a little bit.
  6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Is this still alive?

My offer to sub in still stands.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Nah, i gave up on this since nobody was able to submit match selections into me and the whole layout was a little rough around the edges to be ran as a proper series. Happy for this to be re-used for organizing matches to play with others though
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Well when i'm not on CS:GO or practicing im always keen on this!!
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    I might see if I can dream up another way to have some RL fun as the interest seems to be there.
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    For sure mate, I think the organisation for this event was fantastic, very much up to the members to keep it alive but i'm up for another crack!
  11. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Just wanting to get a rough idea from people... you can respond by liking this post or the one that follows, and then I can compare the numbers.

Would you rather play in fixed teams (and potentially create profiles and teams on http://rocket-league.com)

or...
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    SuiCid3, Viperzed and Nathancarhead like this.
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Would you prefer to represent larger teams (i.e. ~6 or ~12 people in a group of 2 or 4 teams), which could be decided
    * by region (Au v NZ or State v State)
    * by forum member status (new v old members, or average racing division, etc)
    * or randomly

... thus allowing you the chance to play with different teammates. The divisioning could change for different seasons. Your input in defining these divisions would be welcomed at the time.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You could split people into sponsor named teams
  14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    It looks like organised teams will be the way we go. At this stage I'd invite everyone to create a personal profile over at https://rocket-league.com/ and get it synchronised with your PSN or Steam profile. Don't worry about manually adding Trophies, etc. Team creation will occur later.

I have looked at scheduling both a Triple-Elimination bracket and a Round Robin tournament. For this community, I think RR will more closely mirror existing racing championships where the winner is the one with the highest score at the end, rather than eliminating players each round. (That could make for an interesting racing championship, but I digress).

Each team will play a round against every other team over a series of weeks. Similar to the Pro League, each round will always feature 6 matches. Teams will score 6-0, 5-1, 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, 1-5, or 0-6. Each round should therefore last around 45-60 minutes. Each team will have a captain and a secretary who keeps tracks of scores. Both the winning team and losing team will submit score as verification no later than 1pm Monday each week. Please also record the MVP of each game (ideally hit the Share button on Scores screen)... I have something special in mind.

For the final week, the top two scoring teams will face off in 4v4 match of 6 games. The 4th member of each team are the 2 players from other teams who have scored the highest number of MVPs (tie-breaker being their team score, or a single solo match if required). If the end of the match is tied at 3 games each, they go to a 'duece' scenario, where a team must get ahead by 2 (or a team gives up). Ideally this match will be streamed and/or recorded.

If you're happy with this, smash that Like button. If not, add some comments. I'll see what other events are currently running and look to start a new thread soon. Hoping to start this season in November.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    If you want to play with the DeLorean, you can pick up the DLC for a few $bob on you guessed it... 21 Oct 2015.

[​IMG]
    SuiCid3, Jim_aka_The_Man and Viperzed like this.
  16. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Looks awesome!!!