GT7 [Completed] 24/09 BJH Memorial Race Of Champions - Easyprey007

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all, Official announcement regarding ROC is that we will run ahead this Sunday night using the first availible full season's worth of Champions. This means that the most recent new Champions will definetly have the night off and are encouraged to tune into the livestream and cheer on a very special ROC night! With that said, here are the current pool of drivers selected for Season 51 RaceOnOz Race Of Champions!

Season 14 GT Sport
    Division 2 Champ-------------------------- @Hatfield
    Division 4 Champ-------------------------- @Anders

Season 15 GT Sport
    Division 1 Champ-------------------------- @LR__AmazingHour
    Division 3 Champ-------------------------- @Adam Thompson
    Division 4 Champ-------------------------- @Ian Cannan

Season 16 GT Sport
    Division 1 Champ-------------------------- @MINT_GTR
    Division 3 Champ-------------------------- @Beats143

Season 18 GT Sport
    Division 1 Champ-------------------------- @Rangeraus
    Division 3 Champ-------------------------- @T F Eccles

Season 1 GT7
    Division 2 Champ-------------------------- @HighStakes123
    Division 3 Champ-------------------------- @spleece
    Division 4 Champ-------------------------- @Easyprey007

Season 2 GT7
    Division 2 Champ-------------------------- @Stew Wilson
    Division 3 Champ-------------------------- @leeboy910

STANDBY

Season 3 GT7
    Division 1B Champ-------------------------- @Cameron Neame
    Division 2 Champ---------------------------- @Steve Neilson

If you are a Champion from Season 4 or more recent, I apologise for the mess around, I had ambition to run this event differently and it wasn't apparent to me immediately that it wouldn't be entirely fair, You will get your chance when we can next fill a grid. At the moment Kidbyers will be your host on Sunday night if you could add him on psn to save some time. I will post lobby settings to this thread at nearest convenience so you can all begin hustling and grinding those lap times down! I will also open a PSN group chat later today so you guys can organise practice lobbies etc.

Please remember that whilst there is no 2nd place, This is still a community event for our friend Bruce. Sandbagging and poor driving standards DO NOT EXIST IN ROC AND NEVER WILL. I will come down swiftly if I see this on the night. It is a handicapped event so you are not benefitted from not trying, everyone has an equal chance of winning this race! The grid will be posted later in the week, possible even as late as Saturday so we can have time to have a look at lap times and see how everyone is progressing.

I will also post an itinerary soon so we can see how the night will run. We will feature two drivers (selected by myself) to run a tribute lap in each of Bruce's championship winning cars, before a minutes silence which is of course customary for the ROC.

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be running this event at last and to have it happening right in front of me will be something very special. Thank you always to @t_b_williams for forging such an immaculate lore that this event has. Good luck everyone!
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  2. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Viperzed hey mate, I have one of those questions. Does fuel burn off mean that it will be full tanks and no fuel consumption or empty tanks with no fuel consumption or something else? I know right, but someone else might be thinking it:D
    Matthyus and ADZA_85 like this.
  3. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I believe it is empty tanks with no consumption, happy to be proven wrong

@Steve Neilson @Cameron Neame
    Spleece has contacted me informing me that he is indeed available so I unfortunately have to place you two on Standby. If there are any people who become unavailable, I will call on BOTH of you to step in, otherwise you will be rightfully invited to next season's event.
    Beats143 and Steve Neilson like this.
  4. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Not a problem, good luck all.
    I'll enjoy watching as always, interesting, no Keeden doing Keeden things o_O
  5. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Unfortunately Keeden's work roster means a late night on Sundays is pretty much impossible for him. Real shame, hopefully it comes back around again in the future.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  6. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    0x, the idea will be to do quali lap after quali lap with no car wear whatsoever. Track conditions will stay similar too.
  8. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Are we still running the usual staggered start, based on your quali lap?
  9. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yep, will be standard. I'll take what data I can find from that round this season plus if you guys want to submit your own laps to me in private or public, it would be appreciated.
  10. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    So am I on the money if I say there is no qualifying pre race as it’s a handicapped start based on history and lap times provided this week, and there is no fuel and tyre wear for the race and fairly consistent conditions? And one more question. In your opinion do you think you get the best grip on zero tyre wear or 1 x for example?
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    In theory, you should get the most grip from 0x tire wear, everything else said is spot on!
    Easyprey007 and Beats143 like this.
  12. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Zero tyre should give the most grip coz there's no wear. But tyre temps do play a role, as demonstrated by Kireth Kart on a YouTube video where he displayed the tyre temps via a telemetry app for the top drivers in one of those online time trial events. The best times were set where the drivers drove in a way that maintained higher tyre temp.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's me done then.
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm happy to open it up to 1x Tire wear but then benefit lies well and truly with those who save their tires better than others, plus any element of tire wear in a race like this is far from ideal. Makes setting the handicaps an absolute nightmare.
  15. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Personally I am not requesting any change and am happy which ever way you decide. My question was because I found this last season that I struggled to qualify well for the races and could set faster times in the races than qualifying. Possibly due to my inconsistency under the pressure of qualifying and being smoother in race mode. I did a session on Tuesday night with the season 2 x tyre wear on and best lap time I managed was 1.50.874. Took me a bit to get it down to that as it’s not my best track. The front right cops a hammering around here. Probably have another crack tonight with zero wear on and see the difference.
  16. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That's what I'm most concerned about, the tire wear. It's still a 30 min race for ROC so having tire wear on could lead to a pit stop and that's absolutely not what we're aiming for, it's supposed to be a sprint shootout with similar lap times from start to finish.

I have all the settings sorted as of last night, unfortunately my PS is playing funny buggers so I'm struggling to post them right now, will try again this arvo.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Correct me if I am wrong, but ROC has always been x0 wear for tyres/fuel
  18. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I believe that is correct
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I did a session last night at 0x fuel/tyres and my best was 1:50.194. Grip seems fine, it's quite thrilling where you can now push and not be on tenterhooks about it letting go. There's probably a little more I could squeeze in the time.
    Viperzed and Beats143 like this.
  20. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed